Postal Services.

mikesensei

I am asking for advice on sending items through the post to Thailand. A friend has requested some special eye drops he cannot obtain in Thailand. I have purchased some here in Japan and have sent them. I wrote on the green customs form and also cut the corners off the small padded packet for observation. Does anyone have any experience of postal items being intercepted or going astray. I usually write gift on the green customs sticker and a low price so as not to attract too much attention. Any dos and donts would be welcome. Used smart phones,,medicines,clothing etc. Is an address or a PO Box better?

It's a game of luck as medical products would require a permit.

In general normal postal shipments are not too strictly checked (in contrast to certain courier services).

I would use a normal street address.

If reasonably priced use a registered shipment that can be tracked online.

Has your friend used all channels to find out about the eye drops (equivalents, generics) in Thailand (e.g. here in the Health forum)?

Although this is the reverse to miksensi's posting fluids of any kind are a risk to try and post.

I wanted to send shampoo and conditioner to my daughters to the UK from Thailand.

In the past this was possible through the post, now no and, I had to send by a courier service.  

The parcel arrived ok.