Foreign dad visits former Miss Teen Thailand daughter on drugs charge

webfact

Foreign dad visits former Miss Teen Thailand daughter on drugs charge

1am.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- The actress famous for her catchphrase "Mum's Coming" (mae maa) had a different version yesterday when her dad popped in to Sai Mai police station.

Dad Hannes Jacobs came armed with some cakes and fresh clothes for his daughter.

Amelia "Amy" Jacobs, 28, was arrested Tuesday with her 40 year old boyfriend Punyawat with a stash of "ice" or crystal meth and ecstasy tablets.

Dad stayed for 20 minutes then spoke to investigators but refused to have a word with the assembled press baying for news.

Without explaining their source Thai Rath said that Amy's mum has promised to spirit her away abroad when she gets out of this mess.

But if Amy is convicted she could face years behind bars. Amy is currently a big hit on Channel 7's series Monkey Daughter (Thida Wanorn) but in 2006 she won the Miss Teen Thailand title.

Meanwhile Amy has reportedly refused to use the station loos and asked for a fan because she is a bit hot.

Thai Rath reported that the arrest of the pair was done by 191 special branch led by Surachet Hakpan - not under the auspices of the tourist police as reported by a well known English language newspaper.

They intimated that both Amy and Punyawat were giving conflicting stories about where the drugs came from.

Amy said they belonged to a friend who she couldn't name who dropped them off on Sunday for looking after.

While Punyawat said they belonged to someone called "Nat".

They both seemed to have changed their tune from Tuesday when police said they had admitted to dealing in drugs.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-21

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

As a father of a rebellious twenty year old myself, that I love dearly, I can sympathise.

A dad's worst nightmare,

I wish him the best of luck in getting his daughter out of this mess. I would certainly bring a bulky envelope or anything else needed.

36 minutes ago, trogers said:

Sure an attitude is exactly why a 28-yo remains a kid...

I am 60 years old now  but I did not wake up until I was 28 ,

Thinking back on the things I did back then , I wonder how I survived my twenties. The things I put my Dad through, How I wish he was around so I can thank him and apologize. 

Hopefully this would be a wake up call for her and she will come out of it without any lasting damage. 

1 minute ago, inThailand said:

Is the farang dad showing up going to make it any easier and cheaper to rescue his daughter? 

When something like this happens the last thing in the mind of a Dad is if it is going to be cheaper.

We just went through a similar situation where my daughter was pulled over for speeding in Florida and the cops found a small amount of marijuana in her car. . If this had happened in new york, al that would have happened would have being a citation no different than a traffic violation and a small fine. But in Florida it would have being a drug possession with a suspended sentence. My daughter is in school with ambitions to be a school  teacher. A drug conviction would have made her unemployable. 

It cost a pretty penny on lawyers, and I run there  with a quiver full of contacts from my days as head of a large fraternal organisation there., and was able to pressure the prosecutor to dismiss it.

How many kids  lives with out our resources end up having their lives compromised do to stupid youthful indiscretions? 

I hope the dad not only has the money to pay of people but also has the right contacts to make this go away

I feel bad for all the kids who do not have similar resources.

legalize all drugs and let this poor girl go home. Thailand has much bigger problems the police should be concentrating on - reforming themselves being the 1st priority and then having a look at the totally ingrained mafia and patronage system and endemic corruption, unfair application of laws leaving the rich and hi-so immune from prosecution, restoring democratic procedure etc etc etc instead of chasing some kids having a cheeky smoke. Progressive narcotic policy has worked well in Portugal and other places - much to the dismay of the naysayers.

9 minutes ago, sirineou said:

When something like this happens the last thing in the mind of a Dad is if it is going to be cheaper.

We just went through a similar situation where my daughter was pulled over for speeding in Florida and the cops found a small amount of marijuana in her car. . If this had happened in new york, al that would have happened would have being a citation no different than a traffic violation and a small fine. But in Florida it would have being a drug possession with a suspended sentence. My daughter is in school with ambitions to be a school  teacher. A drug conviction would have made her unemployable. 

It cost a pretty penny on lawyers, and I run there  with a quiver full of contacts from my days as head of a large fraternal organisation there., and was able to pressure the prosecutor to dismiss it.

How many kids  lives with out our resources end up having their lives compromised do to stupid youthful indiscretions? 

I hope the dad not only has the money to pay of people but also has the right contacts to make this go away

Isn't that called bribery?

15 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Yes, most would want to take action themselves. But were not at home, so best to send a Thai or a influential Thai. Same reasoning why you didn't send your Thai partner to sort out the mess in Florida.

17 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Different application of laws for the rich and connected. Thats what we all like...

At least you lost all your rights to complain about the handling of the red bull case.

48 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I am 60 years old now  but I did not wake up until I was 28 ,

Thinking back on the things I did back then , I wonder how I survived my twenties. The things I put my Dad through, How I wish he was around so I can thank him and apologize. 

Hopefully this would be a wake up call for her and she will come out of it without any lasting damage. 

That's exactly how I feel.  I did not wake up until 38, and I wince every time I think about how I treated my father.  There's nothing I can do about it now,  except to conduct myself honorably in the present. 

Nice to see that a few of "The Legalize Drugs Club" and "The Brown Envelope Party" is once again here to join in.
It would just not be the same without you boring guys.

To the matter at hand. It´s nice that they actually grab well know people and stars for illegal acts now. Now they also know that the mother plan to help her flee. I guess it´s just to refuse bail and let her sit off the time stated in the law.

Edited by Get Real

18 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Isn't that called bribery?

No - he never paid, money or goods, services etc in exchange, AFAWK. So more corruption than bribery!

Using networks, connections, old friends in powerful places, all to coerce and pressure the prosecutor not to prosecute.

Wrong to anyone who believes the law should be impartial, fair and applied to all equally.

13 minutes ago, Bob12345 said:

Different application of laws for the rich and connected. Thats what we all like...

At least you lost all your rights to complain about the handling of the red bull case.

Only  those with children can understand. 

never mind bribery as someone else said,, I would give up my life for my daughter, 

losing my right to complain  never stopped me before:laugh:

6 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Who cares she had some Ice?  legalize drugs and empty the jails. You can't stop morons from taking it or selling it. Just educate and let people do what they want.

And, with that get an even more dysfunctional society? Yeah, you just solved the problem by making it even worse.
That is unfortunately something that you will never grasp.

19 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Nice to see that a few of "The Legalize Drugs Club" and "The Brown Envelope Party" is once again here to join in.
It would just not be the same without you boring guys.

To the matter at hand. It´s nice that they actually grab well know people and stars for illegal acts now. Now they also know that the mother plan to help her flee. I guess it´s just to refuse bail and let her sit off the time stated in the law.

I hope she gets bail and can flee the country. With her fathers help.

5 minutes ago, Get Real said:

And, with that get an even more dysfunctional society? Yeah, you just solved the problem by making it even worse.
That is unfortunately something that you will never grasp.

You missed the 'Educate people' bit?  you think filling the jails with 100,000s of users works?  and education doesn't?  this is your answer to the world's drug problem?  

images (1).jpg

4 hours ago, sirineou said:

As a father of a rebellious twenty year old myself, that I love dearly, I can sympathise.

A dad's worst nightmare,

I wish him the best of luck in getting his daughter out of this mess. I would certainly bring a bulky envelope or anything else needed.

Right, but this dad is living abroad and appears to be one of those deadbeat father`s who has let his daughter make her own way in life. How long does he intend to remain in Thailand to support his daughter? If she does go to jail will he still remain in Thailand or only visit her if he has time to come over and visit?