5 Pages Left - will it last a year?

I have 5 left in my PP. I am month on month off overseas. 12 stamps into and out of Thailand. No stamps overseas.

I need a re entry in Jan on a non O multi entry. I then require a Laos Visa, a non O multi from Savan and the stamps in and out of Laos and Thailand on that trip.

Will I get another year out of this PP?

You may be good up to having the new non-o visa in your passport but after that it would be close.

I suggest getting a new passport. To get the most of what you have left now perhaps get it after getting the non-o visa and then show your old passport when you enter the country to use it.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You may be good up to having the new non-o visa in your passport but after that it would be close.

I suggest getting a new passport. To get the most of what you have left now perhaps get it after getting the non-o visa and then show your old passport when you enter the country to use it.

Is the re entry on the Non O Multi still 1/2 a page? I have been to Trendy before and they are usually very good at around 2 weeks for a new PP. 

The "under consideration" is about 1/3 of a page, the 1 year "extension of stay" is a bit more than half a page and the "re-entry" fits on the same page using just less than half a page.

You can go out and in Thailand 4 times on 1 page if you are lucky and they stamp orderly. Some people make light pencil lines in their passports to help them stamp economically.

Some countries have business passports that have double pages, my NL passport has 66 pages, lasts me about 3 years.

7 minutes ago, recycler said:

The "under consideration" is about 1/3 of a page, the 1 year "extension of stay" is a bit more than half a page and the "re-entry" fits on the same page using just less than half a page.

The OP is getting a multiple entry non-o visa not an extension of stay based upon marriage.

3 hours ago, baneko said:

I then require a Laos Visa, a non O multi from Savan and the stamps in and out of Laos and Thailand on that trip.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The OP is getting a multiple entry non-o visa not an extension of stay based upon marriage.

Thats 2 gone already plus 1/2 for the re entry. Leaves 2 1/2. Hopefully IO are neat. My friend did the same lightly marking 8 boxes in the PP per page with a pencil. He was told off by IO.

3 hours ago, baneko said:

I have 5 left in my PP. I am month on month off overseas. 12 stamps into and out of Thailand. No stamps overseas.

I need a re entry in Jan on a non O multi entry. I then require a Laos Visa, a non O multi from Savan and the stamps in and out of Laos and Thailand on that trip.

Will I get another year out of this PP?

sounds like with your lifestyle, even if the current passport lasts thru the year, you would have to get another shortly thereafter anyway; so maximize the current one without cutting it too close and get a new one this year

15 minutes ago, baneko said:

Thats 2 gone already plus 1/2 for the re entry. Leaves 2 1/2. Hopefully IO are neat. My friend did the same lightly marking 8 boxes in the PP per page with a pencil. He was told off by IO.

It is an offence to deface a passport - regardless your nationality.

52 minutes ago, natway09 said:

I am sure you have enough clues to work this out for yourself ???

The problem is when you enter and the W*nkers stamp a single stamp on a page and the exit bloke does the same. If they would actually fill a page you could make a fair assessment. Some do and some don't.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Aussieroaming said:

The problem is when you enter and the W*nkers stamp a single stamp on a page and the exit bloke does the same. If they would actually fill a page you could make a fair assessment. Some do and some don't.

Immigration here have many faults, but the one thing that they generally are very good at is passport stamping, here and Singapore tend to use the available space to the absolute maximum in my experience, very rare to get a rogue stamp.

Edited by Mattd

Easier to get a new one. I was told off last month in NZ when my 6 year old passport was full (100+ pages). As long as you can stay somewhere for 2 weeks you can get a new one at the local embassy.

I just plan on getting a new one every 3 years now that the US Embassy won't add more pages.

4 hours ago, baneko said:

I also have a Non O multiple and recently lightly marked boxes in my passport because I have many previous pages that are only 1/2 or 3/4 full.  Did a border run a few weeks ago on the day my visa expired to activate another 90 day entry and politely asked the border IO if he could please stamp within the box.  He was not happy with this request, quite rude in fact and to make a long story short things escalated from there.  Happily Myanmar immigration didn't have an issue with stamping in the boxes I had marked out and in fact stamped me in and out in one of the pages at the front of the passport that wasn't full. 

Edited by kanook