Personal reasons - wasting 90 days

I don't know if this has been covered before.

I am currently on a multiple non-immigrant O visa (married to a Thai) obtained from Savannakhet which expires on 12 Dec this year.
I know that I am able to obtain a further 90 days entry before the visa expires, i.e. this will bring me up to March 2018 but my intention is to obtain a further Non-imm O visa from Savan on 04 December just before my old visa expires.

My question is, will Savannakhet reject my application on the grounds that I can get a further 90 days entry into Thailand or will they issue a new one?

They will issue a new visa without a problem.They don't care whether you got the extra 90 days or not.

You might want to reconsider the days you go for your visa. They will be closed on the 4th and 5th of December.

From their calendar.

• 4 Dec 2017
    Substitution for Lao National Dayวันหยุดประจำปี: Lao

• 5 Dec 2017
    King Bhumibol Adulyadej's Birthday

Yes have done this many times rather than getting the last 90 days. As i had to leave Thailand two or three times within that last 90 days and rather than waste 3800 on a re entry permit. It seemed more worthwhile getting a new 12 month multi entry visa. All i would add is as your old visa would still be valid when you return back to thailand if before the 12th make sure you put the new visa number on the TM 6 card.

Edited by jeab1980
  • Like 1