Former murder suspect gunned down in Phetchaburi

webfact

Former murder suspect gunned down in Phetchaburi

By The Nation

A man once suspected of being involved in a murder was gunned down in Phetchaburi’s Muang district late Thursday night. Police said Sunthorn Chanriam, 34, was shot while riding a motorcycle with a 14-year-old boy along a road in Ban Hua Don village in Tambon Saphan at 11.30pm.

He was shot multiple times in the face, torso, arms and legs and died at Phetchaburi provincial hospital.

The boy said he and Sunthorn were returning home from cow-racing practice at Wat Saowakhon. They were only about 100 metres from Sunthorn’s house when the boy heard a second motorcycle’s engine revving, followed by a burst of gunfire.

Once Sunthorn’s bike was on the ground, a gunman walked up to him and fired several more shots, but ignored the boy.

Sunthorn had stood trial for murder in 2012 but was acquitted for lack of evidence.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30327373

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-22

19 hours ago, CelticBhoy said:

"The boy said he and Sunthorn were returning home from cow-racing practice  . . . "

Can't say that's a sentence you will see in the paper too often back home  :smile:

Many Thai won't eat beef because they still think cows and buffalo's are sacred. But racing them is fine?:sad:

20 hours ago, darksidedog said:

Someone appears to disagree with the courts ruling it would seem. I doubt it will be too hard to work out who the shooter is as almost certainly going to be family of the previous victim.

Who will then get off for lack of evidence.

On 23/09/2017 at 9:14 AM, lemonjelly said:

"Cow racing"..??

they mean bull fighting right?

or car racing?.....

I was going to ask the same question - I could probably have researched it on Google etc but as long as I have stayed in Thailand that would be the first time I have heard of cow racing - however it sounds like his demons caught up with him