Savannakhet Consulate Closed 5th and 6th October ?

Both Vientiane Savannakhet are closed on the 6th. Not sure where you saw the 5th was a holiday.

From the Savannakhet calendar http://www.thaisavannakhet.com/savannakhet/th/consulate/officehours/index.php?month=10&year=2017&PAGEN_1=2&bxajaxid=

6 Oct 2017

Boat racing Festival 
วันหยุดประจำปี:  Lao

They will also be closed on the 13th.

• Thanks 1

Holiday lists like you posted a link to are helpful but they can be misleading when it comes to embassy holidays.

Thai embassies and consulates do not always observe all holidays for the country they are in to reduce the number of days they are closed during the year. They do the same for Thai holidays.

14 minutes ago, freedomnow said:

I wonder if the outward ticket should be 59 days forward or 89 days forward for the and if the "show money" can be Bank accounts in Thailand for an SETV application or it must be home country bank money ?

They will accept one 89 days from when you apply for the visa. The money can be in a Thai bank.

6 hours ago, bkk6060 said:
10 hours ago, SamadhiWarrior said:

This is very helpful.. any idea where I might find a government schools calendar with days off etc? 

Uh, contact the local school I bet they know........

This is the correct answer. In Thailand, school holidays are not identical across the country. Schools in particular areas may differ in the days they set aside for holidays, mainly to respond to local conditions.