What!? Me? Alleged US credit card fraudster arrested in Pattaya hotel room

rooster59

What!? Me? Alleged US credit card fraudster arrested in Pattaya hotel room

credit.PNG

Image: Daily News

An alleged American credit card fraudster was arrested in his Pattaya hotel room after his ex Thai girlfriend reported him to police

Sam Khok cops in Pathum Thani received information from a Thai woman claiming she was fooled by Hector Manuel Carmian, 47, into photocopying the Thai ID cards of other people for the purposes of fraud.

Police claim that the suspect used the ID to purchase goods that were then sold online. He made a million baht in the con, reported Daily News.

Chonburi immigration armed with an arrest warrant issued in Pathum Thani earlier Friday swooped at the Look Chang Inn where the suspect was hiding.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-23

2 minutes ago, AllThaiedUp said:

How does someone use photocopied ID to purchase things online? without help from ...perhaps his thai girlfriend... and getting credit card numbers and a security code...

This is just speculation AllThaiedUp but armed with photocopies of Thai IDs, which have name, address, date of birth and Thai ID number of each individual concerned, he probably accessed vendors on the Dark Web who he could have shared this information with, in order to perform identity theft and obtain 'legitimate' credit cards krub.

Who is the fraudster - The American or the credit card company? (or both).  

Looks like someone is going to get Amex'd.  Wonder if he can use plastic to pay for deportation... but for everything else, there's Bitcoin.

Edited by Shiver

7 minutes ago, lucjoker said:

a thai credit card ........with a massif 500 bht on it ?

I saw the bills for a Thai lady with no visible means of support who had 60k plus baht owing for over 4 months.....

I am sure there are many with far higher totals than that

2 minutes ago, topt said:

I saw the bills for a Thai lady with no visible means of support who had 60k plus baht owing for over 4 months.....

no visible means of support.......

Lets see, 60 000bht devide by 120 days ....makes 500 bht a day......

what can a lady give you for 500 bht without anybody see it??????

So exactly what you say: no visible means of support 

6 minutes ago, topt said:

I don't wear a bra either, but I still get to pay the bills.

2 minutes ago, lucjoker said:

no visible means of support.......

Lets see, 60 000bht devide by 120 days ....makes 500 bht a day......

what can a lady give you for 500 bht without anybody see it??????

So exactly what you say: no visible means of support 

Are you a complete numpty or just trying to be difficult :unsure:

1 hour ago, topt said:

My ex Thai GF with a 30K salary as an HR officer had a total credit limit of 140K on 3 Credit Cards. She started whining to me when she was 120K in debt. Yes, holiday trips to Korea, Japan and Macau, and all in one year are not that cheap. But not my problem as it is an EX!

Edited by titanio82

Oh know not another American criminal in Thailand, thanks for making us all look bad idiots!  Just what we need 2 American criminals caught in one day.  Normally it's the Russians and the Nigerians who do this crap.  

Thailand I apologize that some of my fellow countrymen have come over here and broken your laws.  Please know that these are only a few and they DO NOT represent the rest of us.  Most of us are honest people.  

2 hours ago, amvet said:

Do you know what he did?  No of course not.  Wake up wake up. 

He got arrested for opening credit cards using other people's information. Who cares that his exgirlfriend turned him in or that she is Thai?   But for sure he was using other people's information for some reason. That tells me enough.

Quit focusing on Thai v farang anger and bitterness and enjoy life.  And protecting farang scam artists is a real waste of your time.