Thai junta leader, backers fuel suspicions of plans to stay in power

rooster59

3 hours ago, rkidlad said:

I'll be sure to do that. I'm sure the coppers in the traffic booth who can see them with their own eyes will take me dead seriously. 

That money will really come in handy. 

Sounds like entrapment. Wouldn't that be restricted or require a work permit?  

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

"Thaksin's sister, Yingluck Shinawatra, was overthrown by Prayuth in the 2014 coup "

No she wasn't! 

Reuters - fake news as usual.

Correct.

The the constitutional court on May 7, 2014 removed her as caretaker PM because Yingluck had allegedly acted with a hidden agenda when she transferred a senior civil servant to another position, shortly after taking office in 2011. Some news agencies have referred to her ouster as a constitutional court coup - not the first for the constitutional court.

The commerce minister, Niwatthamrong Boonsongpaisan, was immediately named by the Yingluck's cabinet as Yingluck's replacement in accordance with the 2007 Constitution until a planned general election on July 20th. Almost coincidentally it seems, Prayut staged a military coup on May 22, 2014. Therefore, Prayut abolished the constitution and overthrew caretaker PM Boonsongpaisan.

44 minutes ago, Srikcir said:

Almost coincidentally it seems, Prayut staged a military coup on May 22, 2014. Therefore, Prayut abolished the constitution and overthrew caretaker PM Boonsongpaisan.

"Almost coincidentally"? Hardly, it was perfectly planned, timed and executed.

Edited by tropo

The Thai economy is in serious decline, please don't believe the make belief figures pumped out by this "government"

Just go outside and look, shops are empty, markets are quite, tourist areas quite, ask the locals how things are...

The locals are becoming restless and worried, their standard of living is slipping , loans can't be repaid, bills are mounting.

The ruling elite has successfully carried out their plan, the wealth of the country is back in to the arms of the rich, the poor are getting poorer by the hour.

It worries me that Thailand is on the brink again.

On 9/24/2017 at 4:05 AM, franzs said:

So what? I am since 1991 in this country, have seen a lot of crooks in government since then, I think this government is doing a good job and is one of the best in the last 26 years.

Well then! franzs has spoken, he's been observing things closely you know. If he says it's one of the best, then case closed! 

What the hell are the majority of Thai people going on about? Don't they understand that franzs has spoken?

On Sunday, September 24, 2017 at 9:05 AM, franzs said:

So what? I am since 1991 in this country, have seen a lot of crooks in government since then, I think this government is doing a good job and is one of the best in the last 26 years.

Congratulations on retaining your sense of humour after all that time.