Any Good Place To Go To In Bangkok ?

Mr16610

Hi, I'm a first-timer on this forum. My question is that where do most of you go on your free time in Bangkok ? I'm 26 years old executive from America, and boi, I have no idea on where to go to in Bangkok :o

If it is for gay venues try these:

1- Thanon Silom (Silom Street), sois (lanes) 2 & 4, for bars and discos; near Sala Daeng (Sky train station).

2- Babylon Sauna (the best in Asia), soi Atthakan Prasit, near the Danish Embassy.

3- For "rent boys" and "cabaret shows" try any of the many around Patpong (night street market).

4- You can always check the information given above on this forum.

If it is for visits and outings, my favourites are:

1- The Old Royal Palaces and Wat Phra Kaeow (Emerald Buda temple).

2- Sailing the Chao Phrayá river.

3- The Wat Arum (Dawn temple), the Wat Pho (reclining Buda), the Wat Traimit (the golden Buda).

4- Tim Johnson's house, Suan Phak Palace, the National Museum.

5- The Chatuchak week-end market (Mo Chit station).

6- Chinatown (along Thanon Yaowarat).

7- Siam Paragon shopping centre (luxurious), Gaysorn Plaza (exclusive), Emporium (Sukhumvit) or Ma Boom Krom (popular).

8- Lumpini Stadium for Thai Boxing.

9- Horse-racing on Sundays.

10- Day visits to: Ayuthiya (old capital), Darmnum Saduak (floating market), Muang Boorang (old Siam) or the Rose Garden.

11- Week-end brakes in Pattaya, Chiang Mai, Koh Samui or Phuket.

12- Don't miss having a good genuine traditional Thai massage or feast on seafood at Sukhumvit Seafood Market at night.

Good luck and sanuk !

It's odd this guy never sent any more posts.

I think he's busy on his weekend brakes in Pattaya... :o

Jim Thompson must be a pioneer of the whole Queer Eye for the Thai Guy movement.. methinks he's still enjoying the rustic life somewhere in the jungles surrounded by loving Malay kampong boys who have somehow remained untouched by Western men all this time.

It's odd this guy never sent any more posts.

I think he's busy on his weekend brakes in Pattaya... :o

Jim Thompson must be a pioneer of the whole Queer Eye for the Thai Guy movement.. methinks he's still enjoying the rustic life somewhere in the jungles surrounded by loving Malay kampong boys who have somehow remained untouched by Western men all this time.

He would be a bit past it....at 101

Edited by samtam

methinks he's still enjoying the rustic life somewhere in the jungles surrounded by loving Malay kampong boys who have somehow remained untouched by Western men all this time.

Where does one find these Malay kampong boys? :o

That is one of the good things about this forum. The advice was so good the OP didn't have to come back. He is now out enjoying the wonders of Thailand. Either that or he's wandering around looking for Tim Thompson!

• 3 weeks later...