Multiple tourist entrties in Thailand. How to ?

Hi everyone,

I intend to return to Thailand end November and would love to spend, if possible, the next 12 months.

I hold a french passport, all new one , no stamps and my last stay in Thailand was a bet more than a year ago. 

So my question is how many entries maximum i can have with tourist visa withtin 12 months?  Can i spend a year there (with exit the country every 3 months) or do i have to look after another type of visa after one double entry ( that i could probably do at Ventiane as i intend to spend a week or 2 in Laos before entering Thailand. 

Monaco consulate ask way to much documents now ( letter from employer , large saving account,etc.... )  and as i quit my job, that might be a bit harder. 

I stress the fact that I do not intend to go to work legally/illegally or go to learning thai school. I have post trauma issue that required a bet of rest and thai relatives , owner of holistic clinic there,  propose me some help so.. 

Much appreciate if you guys have way to do that.

Thank you all for your time and have an a great day.

12 months using visa exempt entries and single entry tourist visas should be possible. Ideally, I would recommend you get the first single entry tourist visa in France before your departure. I know France can be strict about issuing Thai visas, but I do not think the employer and large bank balances is for a single entry tourist visa, only a multiple entry tourist visa.

For the first six months, entering with tourist visas should be straightforward. After that, for complete safety, I would recommend you enter via land borders that are known only to be problematic if there are glaring issues with your documents. A good option at that stage is single entry tourist visas in Vientiane and reentry at Nong Khai. To facilitate that, you would be well advised to get the earlier tourist visas elsewhere. Ho Chi Minh City, Penang and Yangon are good options.

1 hour ago, pearciderman said:
3 hours ago, jeff270476 said:

I have post trauma issue that required a bet of rest and thai relatives ,

If you have Thai relatives, maybe a Non-O is the best route?

It could be worth a try. However, these days, only close relationships like a parent, child or spouse tend to be accepted for Non O applications.

18 hours ago, sead said:

For long stay i would definitely suggest ed visa

Why?   There is no limit to how many times you can come to Thailand on a tourist visa, whereas on an Education Visa you have to attend classes and immigration were checking people's Thai to see if they were actually attending. 

The OP only needs to get a single entry TR and when that expires (after 60 days + 30 day extension) he can go to a neighbouring country for another.   He could keep doing that for as many years as he likes, all he has to be able to prove is that he doesn't need to work (assuming it even comes up).

Edited by seancbk
spelling correction

Thank you guys,

sorry for late reply, i was off grid for couple days.

Sead, i won't go for ED visa, i'll be too far away from a school ( ed supposed you to be at school twice a week ).

I migh go for a single entry here as elvajerio said but i need a return ticket as well or should i book one to ...ventiane before my 90 days ? ( 60 days + 30 ) ?

Thanks again guys. 

5 minutes ago, jeff270476 said:

I migh go for a single entry here as elvajerio said but i need a return ticket as well or should i book one to ...ventiane before my 90 days ? ( 60 days + 30 ) ?

An onward flight ticket to Vientiane or HCMC (for instance) should satisfy the consulate's requirements. You should check whether this needs to be dated within 60 days of your arrival, or 90 days is OK. Most consulates will accept 90 days, but some indicate that (since the extension is "at the discretion of immigration') it must be within 60 days.