A handy Android ap. Kosher or malware?

The Deerhunter

I have a 3.5 year old Galaxy Note 3 that has upgraded as far as 5.0 only.  There are a raft of other numbers & dates for kernels, builds and security versions etc, too many to type in unless they mean something to my question.  Occasionally I get told some sort of updates from Google have arrived but I won't get any new Android versions free, I am sure.  

Here is my question:   About  a month or two back  a cute ap or widget appeared that gave me friendly greetings morning, evening and night.  It reminded me that I could turn rings and notifications off while I slept and stuff like that and over-rode the auto lock screen during the night etc.  There are 3 or 4 new different auto wall papers for different periods of the day and and at night a "night lite " screen operates unless I turn it off.   But it bothers me.  Does anyone recognise this ap?  Is it Kosher or part of some malware?  If the latter, is there a way to get it off.  I do not recognise anything in installed aps that looks like it.  

P.S.  Thinking of replacing the Note 3 soon mainly as the camera is way behind even my wife's  cheapy J7.  I am considering the new J7+ which arrives about now and The LG V20 - 64Gig.  I like the idea of user replaceable batteries but the LG Bloatware gets a lot of comment.  Is it that bad?   I'm about to start looking around 13k to 14k or so in tech malls & Lazada.  Any ideas or comments?

Archived