Another "gym in Jomtien" inquiry!

Global Guy

Yes, it's time for another "Looking for a gym in....Jomtien" thread. I've searched and called around to all the known places...Bear's, Primal, (won't touch any of Tony's places), Hard whatever, and haven't found any updated info. I've ruled all these gyms out.

I'll probably find what I'm looking for in one of the big hotels in the area so if anyone knows of a gym in Jomtien only (NOT NOT NOT Pattaya) in a  hotel that has:

1) Two or more working treadmills (Two of us). Not ellipticals or bikes, but treadmills (there's a medical reason for this). I specify "working" because having them and them working are not always the same. I know of at least one hotel that has only one treadmill but it's broken half the time and repairs take 1-2 weeks.

2) At least better than Tony's but don't have to be fancy. We're just going to do cardio at them. I walk outside now but I get sick of dodging cars and having song taos trying to run me over. I'm used to fighting off the soi dogs, no big deal there.

3) Have monthly rates.

That's about all I can think of.  All the threads I found on this were old info or not what we are looking for so I'm hoping to find some updates.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Global Guy
edit

Yeah, Refresh, I used to go there and when I lived right by it, unfortunately it's not in Jomtien. My wife wants something in our neighborhood. It does have the treadmills though. It looks like they might have actually painted it since I've been. That was about 3-4 years ago.

Thanks!

6 hours ago, Global Guy said:

Yeah, Refresh, I used to go there and when I lived right by it, unfortunately it's not in Jomtien. My wife wants something in our neighborhood. It does have the treadmills though. It looks like they might have actually painted it since I've been. That was about 3-4 years ago.

Thanks!

Yeah it's much debated whether that is Jomtien or not. Half the time it is called Jomtien  the rest South Pattaya. I think officially it is recognized by the city as jomtien. There are not many, if any, people working out during the afternoon, low humidity, is why I like it. 

I have been all over Jomtien looking for a gym, and I didn't see one gym where I would feel comfortable working out. 

What I saw at these places:

-No A/C.

-Very poorly lit at night ( which makes safely working out difficult).

-Lots of rust.

-Cable crossover machine bolted so the height cannot be changed.

-Old, old equipment.

-Very limited space, so that even a few people makes it crowded.

I know you said you only want cardio. I find beach runs are good for that.

On 9/27/2017 at 11:13 PM, pegman said:

Yeah it's much debated whether that is Jomtien or not. Half the time it is called Jomtien  the rest South Pattaya. I think officially it is recognized by the city as jomtien. There are not many, if any, people working out during the afternoon, low humidity, is why I like it. 

It's not the name per se, it's the location. We just want something closer, in our area. I used to live right by that gym and worked out there so I l know it pretty well.

On 9/28/2017 at 8:50 AM, soistalker said:

I have been all over Jomtien looking for a gym, and I didn't see one gym where I would feel comfortable working out. 

What I saw at these places:

-No A/C.

-Very poorly lit at night ( which makes safely working out difficult).

-Lots of rust.

-Cable crossover machine bolted so the height cannot be changed.

-Old, old equipment.

-Very limited space, so that even a few people makes it crowded.

I know you said you only want cardio. I find beach runs are good for that.

I agree, but like much of Thailand, doing things half ass is the norm here. And gym etiquette is non-existent as well. Using equipment as lounge chairs to play on their cell phones, not cleaning up equipment after using it, not restacking weights and all the stuff you wrote about is the norm. 

Edited by Global Guy