1 year retirement extension question

I had applied for a Non-Immigrant based on retirement visa in order to follow that with the 1 year retirement extension. When I received my passport back, I noticed I was granted 90 days with the Non-Imm stamp.

Rather than applying for the 1 year extension on the spot, I decided to use that 90 days and go back for the longer extension closer to the expiration date.

My question is will I need to fulfill all the original requirements, bank account balance in particular, in order to qualify for the 1 year extension ?

Did I make a mistake by not applying for the extension on the spot ?

Thanks

Apparently you actually applied for a single entry non immigrant O visa using retirement as the reason to issue.  That allows a 90 day stay and a one year extension can be applied with up to 30 (45 at some locations) remaining.  You must meet financial conditions of 800k in Thai bank account for 60 days or 65k per month income by Embassy letter or a combination to meet 800k.

I think you must have one of the "Non - O" visas, whether obtained in Thailand or abroad ? The money has to have been in your account for 2 months on the day you apply for the Extension for Retirement.  I believe that you can apply anytime within your last 30 days.

Of note; If you renew your Retirement Extension for subsequent years the "seasoning" requirement for the money is 3 months, not 2.

19 minutes ago, bobonzo said:

Did I make a mistake by not applying for the extension on the spot ?

No mistake since you could not of applied for the extension until the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa application.

You will need to show the same financial requirements as needed for the visa application. The 800k baht will need to be in the bank for 60 days on the date you apply for the extension.

6 minutes ago, bobonzo said:

As I used the Income affidavit from the Embassy the first time, I'll need another as well as that legalization stamp from MoFA

Which office are you dealing with?

It depends upon where you applied for the visa. Most offices will pull the original affidavit from the visa application package when you go back for the extension.

19 minutes ago, bobonzo said:

I have copies of everything. I just did not know if i would need new originals.

Not sure about Samut Prakan. You should check with them or apply for your extension as early as possible to find out if they will get the affidavit from the package. If not you would have to get a new affidavit.

If you were using the money in the bank option you would need another letter from the bank and copies of your updated bank book.