Yingluck sentenced to five years in jail

webfact

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, tropo said:

Ever the optimist. Nothing positive (regarding steps toward democracy) has happened in nearly 3 1/2 years since the coup (I can't believe it's that long ago - had to recheck my calculation)... that's a long time in politics, yet protesting has been totally eliminated. If you have the military under your control (it's his army!!!) and outlaw protesting and public gatherings and control the media, how can anything change? It would require huge sacrifice and bloodshed and I don't think the Thai population has the stomach for it considering how peaceful life in Thailand is right now. It's not like people are suffering physically anywhere. All they've given up is personal freedom, which isn't much of a problem right now other than in people's minds. As long as the leader continues to be "nice", public revolt will not happen, no matter how long he postpones elections, or does away with them entirely. There won't be any problems until a truly nasty leader takes over. Right now no one has a choice, so all people can do is hope for the best.

Morning... all true but dinosaurs eventually die out and a new generation takes over.  When they look back, in years yonder, there will be no "didn't they do well"

ThisToo.jpg

16 hours ago, Esso49 said:

Why is that ? Him and his cronies have no doubt salted away overseas more billions of baht that will make the Shinawatras look poor since he ceased power by force.  He will not care a damn what happens as he won't be in Thailand.  He will no doubt be running for his life perhaps literally.  No where for him to hide apart from perhaps China or more likely north korea.

I thought I saw him in Payathai Rd a few months back even my taxi driver thought it was him:post-4641-1156693976:

10 hours ago, halloween said:

Going well with the casual lies tonight Jboy. First the rice scam was helping poor farmers (B500 billion and how many farmers were lifted from poverty?) and now Thaksin (resigned) and Yingluk (court dismissal) were ejected by the unelected elites.

Those of us with memories don't accept you revised (red) history.

How many farmers lifted from poverty ZERO, how many farmers pushed further into debt, many. 

But let the jboy's and other red lovers believe, tell as many lies as they want, and twist as much truth as they like because at the end of the day their criminal hero's are screwed. 

How many farmers lifted from poverty ZERO, how many farmers pushed further into debt, many. 
But let the jboy's and other red lovers believe, tell as many lies as they want, and twist as much truth as they like because at the end of the day their criminal hero's are screwed. 

Just a quick question.
Are you from Thailand?
You're taking this Thai political thing a bit serious.
Just saying.

Just now, inThailand said:

Didn't he say I will tell you right after the elections?

am sure he said "could not say where she was until after the verdict" I might be wrong...

we will have to check previous reports.

This is from Pattayaonenews dated 27th September

“I know where Yingluck is”, claims Thai PM Prayut

Thai Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha is claiming that he knows exactly where Yingluck is, but will not tell anyone until after the courts verdict for charges against her.

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha claimed on Tuesday that he knew where former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra is, but he would make the disclosure after the court has delivered the verdict against her

3 minutes ago, tukkytuktuk said:

Just a quick question.
Are you from Thailand?
You're taking this Thai political thing a bit serious.
Just saying.

Nearly 20 years, seen it all but not overly serious, however, dislike BS, the justification of criminals, and manipulation of those who can't help themselves. 

17 hours ago, InMyShadow said:
17 hours ago, Kieranmc said:
I'm getting worried for Thailand. The reds will not stay quiet much longer. Something is brewing. 

Getting run over by tanks will keep them brewing moonshine . At home

Yellow shirts know how to drive tanks? Maintain tanks? Get fuel from fuel factory to the base the tanks are at?  Takes a lot of know how from the Red Shirts for the Yellow Shirts to do what they do.

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

Totally agree. Did nothing but rip billions of baht of the Thai people and it's economy just to fulfill their extravagant lifestyle.

And what guarantee is there the same thing is not happening now? E.g. How will anyone ever know how truly transparent the submarine deal was?

7 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Some sense at last!  but the 'Junta Few' will not let facts get in the way of a good 'ole  right-wing yarn

It is ironic that the main plank of the junta supporters is the righteous enthusiasm that "justice has been served", and already some justify the verdict by claiming that it is actually fair because of other alleged (allegations often totally unsupported by any evidence) misdeeds by her family.

Edited by JAG

3 minutes ago, Nickymaster said:

So the question remains where she is.  IMO she must be in Cambodia. Most probably in one of the golf courses of their eternal buddy and corrupt and ruthless strongman Hun Sen.

Golf courses are a possibility.

In or under?

Who owns a lot of golf courses here?

9 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Some sense at last!  but the 'Junta Few' will not let facts get in the way of a good 'ole  right-wing yarn

And quite a few  Thaksin lovers just love to spin the good old red rhetoric believing their "facts" are the true gospel. 

10 hours ago, sjaak327 said:

Hmm, I would have thought it was very obvious I responded to Bangrak's claim how "I think he would have succeeded in getting control over the higher Courts of the country"

The junta has control over both, in fact they ARE the law. Again, complaining about Thaksin, but fail to acknowledge that the Junta is far, far worse than Thaksin in almost every aspect. The facts are right under your noses, it defies belief in my humble opinion. 

Yingluck's trial is a farce, nothing more and nothing less. If corruption did take place, the only logic thing to do is go after the ones that benefitted  directly from that corruption, but they went after her, on the pretence that she did absolutely nothing, that has not been proven at all. The continuation of the scheme was her democratic right, after all she did have a mandate. 

They went after the people who benefited, have you been sleeping recently ? Boonsong in jail and so are many rice traders 20+ bigshots.

YL her trail was not a farce.. she replaced Boonsong (after being informed about the fake G2G deals) so she knew about the corruption but did not cancel the fake G2G deals. That means negligence.. even more so as the traders in rice that made the killing were connected to her brother who undoubtedly took his cut. Had she cancelled the fake contracts they could not have convicted her. This was not about the rice scheme but about allowing corruption. Even if she did not benefit people around her and probably her brother did.

3 minutes ago, Artisi said:

And quite a few  Thaksin lovers just love to spin the good old red rhetoric believing their "facts" are the true gospel. 

I can tell you very clearly I am not a 'Thaksin Lover"  but a lover of justice, freedom and democracy and if Daffy Duck had won a democratic election and was hounded this way by a Military Junta I would defend that poor Duck!

11 minutes ago, JAG said:

Golf courses are a possibility.

In or under?

Who owns a lot of golf courses here?

You don't really believe the under comment do you? 

If she was missing don't you think big brother would be on the case - and you know where that would lead to.