Yingluck sentenced to five years in jail

webfact

Just now, jayboy said:

What was the intention of the scheme? You will no doubt say corruption but frankly that's silly.Fair minded people will say it had the intent of helping the poor.Others would add that it was to firm up the electoral base.Of course it attracted shysters.But to comprehend one has to consider the whole picture.

Fair minded people would ask how many poor were helped for B500 billion. it bought an election and then was the vehicle for massive corruption.

What about ejected? no apology, no comment?

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, robblok said:

YL was not convicted for corruption but for her knowing about it but not stopping it. Proof enough of the corruption and her inaction. You jayboy want to have it both ways.. if something is not proven in court it did not happen.. but at the same time when something is proven in a court you don't accept it. You only accept your own visions but you don't accept proof. Thank god most of us are not that blind and we accept that there were fake G2G deals.. and we accept these were linked to one of Thaksin his friends and we all know YL did nothing even though at the time those fake G2G deals were pointed out to her. 

I have never denied her mismanagement.

8 minutes ago, jayboy said:

Yeah right.Just like Thaksin and Yingluck were never ejected by the unelected elites.Just like AOT was the real villain when the yellow thugs closed down thew airport.Just like the Men in Black mowed down red protestors to incriminate the army.Just like the judicial system is always even handed.Just like all politicians (self appointed and otherwise) are jailed when their actions cost the Thai state dear

One more tired old lie to add to the collection.Trouble is nobody really believes that stuff now.

Your last puff, I hope. 'Trouble is nobody really believes that stuff now', so right you are, in mirrorview, ...outside of some pathetic denialists and the red villages lemming 'supported supporters', nobody with a pinch of brains and a grain of common sense, indeed believes the lies of the Shins' propaganda anymore. I would agree with you that this still leaves quite a number of idiots without a clue. But that's, alas, not a change with their past condition...

Has anybody read or listened to the verdict??

In a nutshell:

The court said Yingluck knew that members of her administration had falsified G2G rice deals but did nothing to stop it. Resulting in billions a Baht being stolen. How? They used the G2G deals to sell the rice very cheap to the local rice traders who were basically her families' partners in crime. These traders then sold the rice at a very decent profit. A very simple and classic way of stealing money from the state coffers. For THIS she was sentenced to jail. Guys, wake up! Yingluck IS NOT innocent. So she is not sentenced for corruption but for negligence. I doubt most posters here know the difference.

The house had raised this during a no-confidence debate in June 2013 and Yingluck removed the guy in charge at that moment - Boonsong Teriyapirom. This proved that she was aware that the G2G rice contracts were unlawful but did nothing to prevent it according to the court. The fake G2G deals continued.  

Edited by Nickymaster

Just now, halloween said:

Fair minded people would ask how many poor were helped for B500 billion. it bought an election and then was the vehicle for massive corruption.

What about ejected? no apology, no comment?

Bought an election? Given that those "bought" were rock solid Shin loyalists your logic seems awry.

Just now, jayboy said:

Bought an election? Given that those "bought" were rock solid Shin loyalists your logic seems awry.

Again with selective reply. How many poor farmers benefited from her scam? Who was ejected?

You don't think a 50% increase in rice price is an electoral incentive? You deny it was a vehicle for massive corruption, much of it linked to her brother via Apichart?

2 minutes ago, bangrak said:

Your last puff, I hope. 'Trouble is nobody really believes that stuff now', so right you are, in mirrorview, ...outside of some pathetic denialists and the red villages lemming 'supported supporters', nobody with a pinch of brains and a grain of common sense, indeed believes the lies of the Shins' propaganda anymore. I would agree with you that this still leaves quite a number of idiots without a clue. But that's, alas, not a change with their past condition...

That can be tested by giving the Thai people a chance to deliver an opinion in a fairly conducted general election.Oh wait I'm guessing you don't want that.

1 hour ago, Media1 said:

Sentenced by judges that should be in jail for crimes against humanity and a huge list of.corruption history. All these charges are laughable framed up by a coup leader. One that couldn't make his own way legitimate  

Your opening comment is pretty wild, trust you have substantial evidence to back your claims if they decide to come looking for you. 

2 minutes ago, Nickymaster said:

Has anybody read or listened to the verdict??

In a nutshell:

The court said Yingluck knew that members of her administration had falsified G2G rice deals but did nothing to stop it. Resulting in billions a Baht being stolen. How? They used the G2G deals to sell the rice very cheap to the local rice traders who were basically her families' partners in crime.  These traders then sold the rice at a very decent profit. A very simple and classic way of stealing money from the state coffers. For THIS she was sentenced to jail. Guys, WAKE up! Yingluck IS NOT innocent.

The house had raised this during a no-confidence debate in June 2013 and Yingluck removed the guy in charge at that moment - Boonsong Teriyapirom. This proved that she was aware that the G2G rice contracts were unlawful but did nothing to prevent it according to the court. The fake G2G deals continued.  

Great post.. but I guess this will be ignored by the red fanboys.

She is convicted because she knew about corruption.. corruption linked to rice traders with ties to her Brother. She did nothing.. 30 billion gone.. we can only speculate the cut of her brother. 

Just now, halloween said:

Again with selective reply. How many poor farmers benefited from her scam? Who was ejected?

You don't think a 50% increase in rice price is an electoral incentive? You deny it was a vehicle for massive corruption, much of it linked to her brother via Apichart?

I'm saying that you don't need to bribe people if they are going to vote for you anyway.

5 minutes ago, robblok said:

Great post.. but I guess this will be ignored by the red fanboys.

She is convicted because she knew about corruption.. corruption linked to rice traders with ties to her Brother. She did nothing.. 30 billion gone.. we can only speculate the cut of her brother. 

Correct. She knew about corruption. I already added this part when you were quoting my post: So she is not sentenced for corruption but for negligence. I doubt most posters here know the difference.

Well - good she made a run for it then - correct decision on her part AND on the part of the military junta to turn a blind eye (at the least) for her to leave the Kingdom. Perfect Thai solution - she is now a criminal on the run (Gov't can say 'I told you so - BAD Yingluck') and she is not a Martyr in a Thai jail for the tens of millions of supporters to rally around - and she is with her brother. 

So charges were brought against Abhisit and Yingluck, but Uncle says 'no' can sue or bring charges against ME after I leave...'can't touch me' ....and Uncle is probably correct. He can do what he wants

1 minute ago, Nickymaster said:

Correct. She knew about corruption. I already added this part when you were quoting my post: So she is not sentenced for corruption but for negligence. I doubt most posters here know the difference.

I agree, most posters here won't know the difference.. or pretend not to know it so they can deny her guilt in the case. 

6 minutes ago, jayboy said:

I'm saying that you don't need to bribe people if they are going to vote for you anyway.

But they do........

I agree with you, they keep their Baht in their pocket and trust in your statement that Isaan rice munchers are only going to vote one way.

oh wait,,,, this Thailand....the 'democratic' process doesn't work that way.

7 minutes ago, halloween said:

Because they are the ones proven to be most likely to skip the country. Would you like a couple of examples?

No, there are many relevant examples of normal criminals that skip the country too. The real reason why political ones are singled out is known to anyone that knows something about Thailand. IT is how the game is played here. Not surprised you seem to know nothing about it, but I am guessing you do, it just don't want to admit it, as you need to defend the junta at all costs, and already lost any credibility left. 

The singling out of political crimes is against all principles of justice, but justice is not the goal, revenge and control over your political opponents is. Quite clear to see, impossible to deny. 

Edited by sjaak327

21 minutes ago, jayboy said:

There is no evidence Yingluck was involved in corruption.Are you going to withdraw your lie?

Personally the wealth figure surprised me.I thought it would have been more.Do you understand what equities have done in the time frame?

Many of us know how her wealth was obtained, especially  considering she started at such a low level

" Yingluck began her career as a sales and marketing intern in 1993 at Shinawatra Directories Co., Ltd., a telephone directory business

She was investigated by Thailand's Securities and Exchange Commission regarding possible insider trading after she sold shares of her AIS stock for a profit prior to the sale of the Shin Corporation to Temasek Holdings. 

17 minutes ago, halloween said:

Far from it. I maintain most of her wealth came via her brother and that she was complicit in his corruption.

Tell us, where did the money come from to buy those equities? What has she earned?

I repeat my question.Do you understand the growth in the equity market over say 15 years? Let's speculate she started with a not unreasonable $ 3m in 2000.Take it from there.

Fortunately for her under the new constitution she has an automatic right of appeal within 30 days without the need to provide new evidence, as in the previous constitution.  

Unfortunately the organic law spelling out the ways and means to appeal will not be finished within 30 days  but she is allowed to submit an appeal without knowing the precise rules and wait and see how the organic law turns out, which is what Boonsong, Phum et al are having to do.  

There is also another slight catch in that she must appear before the court in person to lodge the appeal. 

2 minutes ago, sjaak327 said:

No, there are many relevant examples of normal criminals that skip the country too. The real reason why political ones are singled out is known to anyone that knows something about Thailand. IT is how the game is played here. Not surprised you seem to know nothing about it, but I am guessing you do, it just don't want to admit it, as you need to defend the junta at all cost, and already lost any credibility left. 

I agree with you that this should go for normal criminals too. Though it would be bad for poor people who skip the country and don't know about their court case ect ect. But it would be great to stop criminals like the red bull guy. I would feel better if it only applied to the rich because they can have themselves defended in their absence. For poor people it might lead to a raw deal.. but the rich they just hire lawyers to help them. 

1 minute ago, Gunna said:

Many of us know how her wealth was obtained, especially  considering she started at such a low level

" Yingluck began her career as a sales and marketing intern in 1993 at Shinawatra Directories Co., Ltd., a telephone directory business

She was investigated by Thailand's Securities and Exchange Commission regarding possible insider trading after she sold shares of her AIS stock for a profit prior to the sale of the Shin Corporation to Temasek Holdings. 

I see you have posted eloquently on "Fools and Horses" and other similar entertaining issues.You (many of us lol) do not give the impression of being very aware of Thailand's financial and business world.In your googling effort to smear Yingluck, you seem to have forgotten the key point that charges were never filed.

What a very clever, well balanced, ruling form the Court, IMHO! Leaving the, huge, grey mountain of the rice scam at the side, where a guilty ruling about could have been abused by the red lemmings' leaders of Thaksins militias, ...and the Shins' mega PR and lobbying services, to cry out 'It's politically motivated', to attempt creating violent unrest in the country, and cry all over the international scene about the 'injustice' of it.

Well, no, she got, only, five years, but for facts and evidence already shown and used in the rulings of another Courts, to condemn the criminal(!) acts, in the, scandalous, fake 'G-to-G' rice sales.

Brilliant! Let the tribe of attorneys working for 'the family' find some ground for an appeal on this ruling...

(When Thaksin himself could have remained in power for just a few more years, I think he would have succeeded in getting control over the higher Courts of the country, ...like he did with lower Courts, the criminal ones especially, this explaining IMO why, still today, so, too, many, red terrorists are found not guilty by the stooges he has, then, put in place )