Thai Air Biz...SilverKris Lounge Access?

Having a Biz class ticket does NOT make you a Gold Card holder to get in the lounge ,

But you might sweet talk the Thai air check in clerk into giving you a pass for the Club ,

I have seen Biz class passengers nicely told to go away........

and I have got a pass a few times.......

good Luck

Are you *G?

I think *G can enter the SQ/SKL and BR lounges if on a same-day *A ticket, regardless of CoS.

Obviously, you can use one of the TG RO/RS lounges; you should get a separate invite at check-in, along with access to their VIP departing Immigration area.

13 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Thai and Singapore are both *A members...can anyone confirm that a Thai Air biz class passenger can use the SilverKris lounge at Swampy?

No, you are not allowed entry unless you have at least *A Gold status and are on a same day international flight ticket.  A business class ticket  only allows access to the ticketing airline's designated lounge.

1 hour ago, geriatrickid said:

No, you are not allowed entry unless you have at least *A Gold status and are on a same day international flight ticket.  A business class ticket  only allows access to the ticketing airline's designated lounge.

Do you know this from personal experience...because *A states the following on their website:

Lounge Access Policy

We are delighted to welcome customers to our own Star Alliance branded lounges and the lounges owned by or contracted by our member airlines, according to the following access policies:...

International Business Class Customers are entitled to access member airline Business Class Lounges. You will need to show your boarding pass in International Business Class on a Star Alliance member airline operated flight departing from the local airport. You are not entitled to bring any guests.

http://www.staralliance.com/en/lounge-access-policy

I could certainly understand such a restriction...who flying on Thai wouldn't want to use the new SQ lounge in place of Thai's crowded lounges.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

4 hours ago, Crossy said:

Can't say for certain, but since Thai have a perfectly good biz-class lounge at Swampy one suspects SA will send you packing unless you have SA tickets.

Do you have a Thai or SA frequent flyer card?

I think I've been spoiled by the Emirates lounge...I haven't flown Thai in over a decade.

Singapore and chose KrisFlyer for mileage accrual for this flight.

Edited by OMGImInPattaya

On 9/28/2017 at 10:53 AM, OMGImInPattaya said:

Do you know this from personal experience...because *A states the following on their website:

You should check the SQ/SKL lounge entry requirements, which trump the Star Alliance "rules".

I still think you need to be *G if on TG in J (unless you've got the requisite Silver Kris status)?

But give it a go and report back.

4 hours ago, mtls2005 said:

You should check the SQ/SKL lounge entry requirements, which trump the Star Alliance "rules".

I still think you need to be *G if on TG in J (unless you've got the requisite Silver Kris status)?

But give it a go and report back.

Will do...I was just checking if anyone might know definitely one way or the other.

I saw on Thai's website that other *A Biz flyers are allowed into Thai's Royal Silk lounge and *Gs can use the Royal Orchid lounge.

I will find out next week.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2017 at 5:02 PM, OMGImInPattaya said:

Will do...I was just checking if anyone might know definitely one way or the other.

I saw on Thai's website that other *A Biz flyers are allowed into Thai's Royal Silk lounge and *Gs can use the Royal Orchid lounge.

I will find out next week.

So, what was the answer?

Just now, josephbloggs said:

So, what was the answer?

Thanks for reminding me to update my op. Yes, as per the official Star Alliance lounge access rules, I had no problem using the SilverKris lounge at Bangkok International Airport. All I had was a TG Business Class ticket from Bangkok to Manila return and no premier mileage status with any *A carrier.

However, I was not very impressed with the lounge. It's somewhat small and dark and has no exterior windows. The food offerings were meh and there are no showers and the loo was rather small. I much prefer the EVA lounge and the Royal Silk D Concourse lounge. It was also quite a hike from the Thai premium check-in counters to the SK lounge...and then again to my departure gate in C Terminal.

In future, I will just use the *A carrier lounge that is closest to my departure gate, and if it's in D Terminal then the Thai lounge there.

2 hours ago, OMGImInPattaya said:

Thanks for reminding me to update my op. Yes, as per the official Star Alliance lounge access rules, I had no problem using the SilverKris lounge at Bangkok International Airport. All I had was a TG Business Class ticket from Bangkok to Manila return and no premier mileage status with any *A carrier.

However, I was not very impressed with the lounge. It's somewhat small and dark and has no exterior windows. The food offerings were meh and there are no showers and the loo was rather small. I much prefer the EVA lounge and the Royal Silk D Concourse lounge. It was also quite a hike from the Thai premium check-in counters to the SK lounge...and then again to my departure gate in C Terminal.

In future, I will just use the *A carrier lounge that is closest to my departure gate, and if it's in D Terminal then the Thai lounge there.

Thanks for the update and what a shame about the disappointment!

1 hour ago, josephbloggs said:

Thanks for the update and what a shame about the disappointment!

I would just clarify my post in that the food offerings were varied but it was that taste that was meh (the Thai dessert selection and the Hagan Daz ice-cream cups being exceptions). Also, no exterior windows means no tarmac views to keep plane-spotters entertained.