Pattaya: Uber to be run out of town but taxis ordered to turn on meters - or else!

webfact

On 9/28/2017 at 2:31 AM, jacko45k said:

Yeah right, use their meters. Since when have taxis, car or motorcycle, been subject to any regulations!

What happened to the Pattaya fixed motorcycle taxi fares, all the billboards seem to have vanished!

Fixed fares that START at 4 times the Bangkok price? 

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Thank you for the word Doc :coffee1:

I did ask the mods to correct that error, but it fell on deaf ears.

Perhaps they were just waiting for,  a not so smart reply from some wing nut.

with a brain not the size of a planet.

But i could be wrong and you were referring to the Essan Taxi soon to be

pattayas up grade to the the local fleet,  it kind of fits with the IQ of the local drivers

Have a nice day. :jap:

isan Taxi buffalo.jpg

Taxi problem will not be solved by App Taxis.

Only enforcement of the laws and an eradication of corruption.

Mods don't do spelling correction.

Essan is where in Thailand exactly? No help with one that either.

Sorry I wasn't really taking the pi55 (maybe a little), and your reply was fun, thanks for the picture.

Deer picture wouldn't work to copy & paste and I am known to make the odd mistake myself.

Pleased you know "Hitch Hikers" anyway. Marvin's wing nuts are fully tightened, but it's just those diodes down his left side...

Cheers,

:burp:

The military government managed to smash the invincible Phuket taxi mafia, so perhaps there is some hope.

If Pattaya taxis actually took some passengers instead of sitting parked outside Central Festival all day trying to hit a jackpot fare, they might actually make more money. The meter is not entirely useless as it serves as a hat rest or place to mount a tissue box on. Why can't a meter thats less sensitive to heat be developed as most of them seem to be covered up, obviously to prevent sun damage ?

I was having great fun in Bangkok recently with the lurkers outside my hotel, I'd ask for a price to where I wanted to go and them show them the GRAB quote. When they refused I pressed the button and a few minutes later was being driven away.

While we're on the subject, how about those thieving baht bus drivers who are charging B50 from the bus station down to Beach Road ?