How Do Foreigners Buy Condo In Bangkok? A-space Condo At Sukhumvit 77

Hi,

A couple of questions on how to buy a condo in Bangkok...some of them may sound dumb but I'm really a rookie in this area :o

I'm told that most foreigners who do not reside in Thailand typically purchase a condominium in Bangkok by showing evidence of an incoming remittance of foreign currency into their bank account from abroad as demonstrated by a valid Dor Tor 3 form from a Thai Bank. Is that right? Is there a minimum amount of incoming remittance that i have to transfer from my local bank to the Thai bank each time? After my money is transferred to the Thai bank, i can get the bank to issue payment for the condo to the property developer right? Is that the best way to do it?

How do I go about making the down payment for the condo? By transferring money to my Thai bank account or could i issue a cheque from my local bank?

After the downpayment is made, i have to pay the developer for the remaining amount via instalments within 12 months from the date of purchase right?

Any recommendations on good property lawyers in Bangkok?

Is it difficult for a foreigner on a tourist visa to open a bank account in Thailand? Do i need to get a letter from my embassy?

What do you all think of A-Space condo at Sukhumvit 77? What's the quality of Areeya's projects?

Thanks a zillion!

Hi,

A couple of questions on how to buy a condo in Bangkok...some of them may sound dumb but I'm really a rookie in this area :o

I'm told that most foreigners who do not reside in Thailand typically purchase a condominium in Bangkok by showing evidence of an incoming remittance of foreign currency into their bank account from abroad as demonstrated by a valid Dor Tor 3 form from a Thai Bank. Is that right? Is there a minimum amount of incoming remittance that i have to transfer from my local bank to the Thai bank each time? After my money is transferred to the Thai bank, i can get the bank to issue payment for the condo to the property developer right? Is that the best way to do it?

How do I go about making the down payment for the condo? By transferring money to my Thai bank account or could i issue a cheque from my local bank?

After the downpayment is made, i have to pay the developer for the remaining amount via instalments within 12 months from the date of purchase right?

Any recommendations on good property lawyers in Bangkok?

Is it difficult for a foreigner on a tourist visa to open a bank account in Thailand? Do i need to get a letter from my embassy?

What do you all think of A-Space condo at Sukhumvit 77? What's the quality of Areeya's projects?

Thanks a zillion!

Loads covered in this section. Do a search and you'll find all your answers.

Good luck.