Some NFL players kneel during U.S. anthem again despite Trump call for protest to end

webfact

58 minutes ago, smotherb said:

So, the US is not great and that buffoon Trump will make us great, will he? Have you seriously looked at some of the utter garbage Trump is trying to shove down Americans' throats--the healthcare, the tax plan, that mindless wall? Trump is a festering sore on America, a childish little brat who respects no one but himself, blames everyone but himself, constantly makes demeaning statements, then denies them and apparently thinks all others are stupid; well all his supporters anyway. He says what you want to hear and the only things he tries to do are the things that will line his pockets. 

Unlike most other countries on planet Earth, the United States of America is the essence of greatness.  We have the foundation and the tools that everyone else does not.  

What we have more than anything, is still a generation that knows what greatness is and these are the people who voted for Trump. 

Trump is a patriot.

The rest of the world's leaders are pikers when compared.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

Unlike most other countries on planet Earth, the United States of America is the essence of greatness.  We have the foundation and the tools that everyone else does not.  

What we have more than anything, is still a generation that knows what greatness is and these are the people who voted for Trump. 

Trump is a patriot.

Wow, that's some great material there; can I quote you on some of this stuff? Especially just after fifty Americans and counting have been slaughtered by yet another lunatic with a roomful of legally owned assault weapons (he took his Second Amendment rights seriously!), this is just the sort of inspirational verbage that I need to be reading right now. Make America Great Again!

46 minutes ago, TonyClifton said:

Trump is a patriot.

Yes he has made great sacrifices for his country. He still suffers from those bone spurs that prevented him from fighting for it when he had the chance. And when he became President he would have signed his business interests over to a blind trust and gladly made that financial sacrifice but those damned bone spurs somehow had migrated to his hand and prevented him from signing them over.  Truly a man who has made great sacrifices for his country - which is the only true measure of patriotism - and will continue to do so.

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

Yes he has made great sacrifices for his country. He still suffers from those bone spurs that prevented him from fighting for it when he had the chance. And when he became President he would have signed his business interests over to a blind trust and gladly made that financial sacrifice but those damned bone spurs somehow had migrated to his hand and prevented him from signing them over.  Truly a man who has made great sacrifices for his country - which is the only true measure of patriotism - and will continue to do so.

While a mosquito tends to bite and it is quite annoying, all that it takes to neutralize them is a slight breeze. I hear the buzzing and in true fashion, it is low.  Sometimes you can swat them and the wind created is enough to put them off.  

And sometimes you just make them go splat.

Stay tuned.

1 minute ago, TonyClifton said:

While a mosquito tends to bite and it is quite annoying, all that it takes to neutralize them is a slight breeze. I hear the buzzing and in true fashion, it is low.  Sometimes you can swat them and the wind created is enough to put them off.  

Stay tuned.

And when you have no facts to offer in rebuttal, you just indulge in silly analogies. You've got nothing.

12 hours ago, amvet said:

Courtesy to stand and discourtesy to sit or raises a fist or kneel.  Well ya.  That is my only point. 

A protest is only a protest if people pay attention they only pay attention if something is done to get their attention.  A million football players have stood at attention for the National Anthem since the beginning of the league.  Sitting or raising a fist or kneeling is only 1 tenth of 1 percent of the time and is very discourteous and disrespectful therefore getting attention and the protest recognized. 

Of course. Why would you want to protest and not get it recognized? What better high-profile spot than during a foot ballgame--and at a point that does not affect the actual game or their playing? Let's face it, the protesters have a point, their is racism in the states and it does need to end--for those of you who deny it, look at the recent US Air Force academy incident where racist issues surfaced in supposedly intelligent circles. I like what the USAFA Commandant had to say, something like, If you cannot show dignity and respect to all, get out. And, lest we not forget, peaceful protest is the Constitutional Right of all Americans, are  you denying them that right?

12 hours ago, amvet said:

So?  What does that have to do with black lives matter and cops shooting black people that Kaepernick started the protest before Trump was elected? 

Gee, you ought to read the post to which I made that response.

12 hours ago, TonyClifton said:

Trump is a patriot.

Gee, you sure have some peculiar notions of patriotism. And as far as Trump supporters being in the know; well, if that is your opinion. How is it you Trumpeters know what greatness is?  Trump shows his bigotry, lies, and ignorance so often that he has become the laughing stock of the world. I looks to me that Trump is dragging the US down instead of making it greater.

3 hours ago, smotherb said:

Of course. Why would you want to protest and not get it recognized? What better high-profile spot than during a foot ballgame--and at a point that does not affect the actual game or their playing? Let's face it, the protesters have a point, their is racism in the states and it does need to end--for those of you who deny it, look at the recent US Air Force academy incident where racist issues surfaced in supposedly intelligent circles. I like what the USAFA Commandant had to say, something like, If you cannot show dignity and respect to all, get out. And, lest we not forget, peaceful protest is the Constitutional Right of all Americans, are  you denying them that right?

Not at all.  The act of kneeling or sitting or raising a fist is disrespectful and protected speech under the constitution. 

14 hours ago, TonyClifton said:

Stay tuned.

Although Trump is quite annoying, he is much too fat to neutralize him with a slight breeze or even a swat.

9 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Please show me that passage in the Constitution. I missed it.

A careful reading of the First Amendment reveals that it protects several basic liberties — freedom of religion, speech, press, petition, and assembly. Interpretation of the amendment is far from easy, as court case after court case has tried to define the limits of these freedoms.  For case law I'd start with Texas v. Johnson (1989).

Two Kansas City Chiefs players, cornerback Marcus Peters and linebacker Ukeme Eligwe, sat on the bench during the playing of the national anthem. Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce, one of the few white NFL players to kneel during the anthem last week, stood with his arm around the shoulder of wide receiver Chris Conley, who is black.

All of the Washington players stood on their sideline with arms linked.

In the latest NFL game, two players disrepected the anthem.

By next week, zero is probably the number.

Just now, amvet said:

A careful reading of the First Amendment reveals that it protects several basic liberties — freedom of religion, speech, press, petition, and assembly. Interpretation of the amendment is far from easy, as court case after court case has tried to define the limits of these freedoms.  For case law I'd start with Texas v. Johnson (1989).

Yes, speech and assembly are the issues upon which the interpretation of peaceful protest exists,  but it does not condemn kneeling, sitting or raising a fist.

36 minutes ago, smotherb said:

Yes, speech and assembly are the issues upon which the interpretation of peaceful protest exists,  but it does not condemn kneeling, sitting or raising a fist.

It protects it not condemns it.  Who are you writing to?

1 hour ago, smotherb said:

Although Trump is quite annoying, he is much too fat to neutralize him with a slight breeze or even a swat.

It would many applications by the Flit gun (no licence required) to eradicate Trump.

A Flit gun is a hand-pumped insecticide sprayer used to dispense FLIT, a brand-name insecticide widely used against flies and mosquitoes between 1928 and the mid-1950s. Although named after the well-known brand, "Flit gun" became a generic name for this type of dispenser.[1] Once commonly found in households, hand-operated Flit guns have been replaced by aerosol spray cans and fallen out of common use.

FLIT gun.jpg

9 hours ago, amvet said:

It protects it not condemns it.  Who are you writing to?

Sorry, it appears your poor command of written English confused, me: " The act of kneeling or sitting or raising a fist is disrespectful and protected speech under the constitution.  "