Lost motorcycle registration book.

bananafarang

I recently left my book for harley motorbike with my bike shop when I went away.....this was to assist with getting a new number we plate because it was cracked in a few places and thought it best to replace. I filled out the necessary forms and he said it would take a couple of months in Banglamung as there is reportedly a shortage of plates. 

Whilst I was away he lost my book!!......he then had to do all the legwork and get report and apparently had to go to BKK to renew as the bike is registered there and they have the copies. I now have a new green book with a blue stamp on the front that says it is a replacement book.

We have been planning to go to Laos and you need to get the book translated in English as this is classed as a passport for the bike. .....went into Banglamung traffic office to apply with a mate.....he got his but they said because mine was a replacement book they couldn't guarantee that it would be translated.....I would be better off going to BKK to do it......<deleted>!!!......never heard such a pile of <deleted>.......obviously the area departments dont communicate with each other!!!

There were reports that a new license can be issued at the DLT without a police report of the loss.

But for the registration book I would assume that they still want to see a police report.

So first stop is the local police station.

Photocopies (if available) would surely be helpful.

With the police reports you are on the way to the DLT.

1 minute ago, KhunBENQ said:

There were reports that a new license can be issued at the DLT without a police report of the loss.

But for the registration book I would assume that they still want to see a police report.

So first stop is the local police station.

Photocopies (if available) would surely be helpful.

With the police reports you are on the way to the DLT.

? Would they also want all the associated proof of address & ect along with seeing the bike