Chaiyaphum: Mother files complaint against teacher for alleged assault on son

webfact

Mother files complaint against teacher for alleged assault on son

By The Nation

10169441fcde19461f4f724a6cc8f997.jpg

The mother of a 14-year-old eighth grader enrolled at a well-known school in Chaiyaphum on Monday filed a complaint with police, alleging that a teacher had slapped and injured her son in August.

The mother, whose name was withheld, told the Muang Chaiyaphum police station that the teacher slapped her son in the face on August 23.

She alleged that the teacher, whose name was also withheld, hit her son’s face so hard that he was knocked into a metal shelf, causing him to lose a tooth.

She alleged that the teacher then hit her son again and kicked him.

The mother said she wanted the teacher to take responsibility for her son’s medical expenses.

The student reportedly said he had asked the teacher to exchange banknotes for coins when the teacher became angry, told the student “I’m not your friend”, and struck him.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30328262

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-02

"It wasn't little Johnnies fault. He wouldn't do anything wrong to provoke the teacher".

I'm really surprised the teachers are so well restrained. I'd personally would do worse to some of the little sihts(anagram).

Two sides to every story and all that.

Edited by sinbin

Don't know why these stories are reported, it doesn't matter, teachers beat children; it is illegal, but as I was told recently at a child protection conference by a Thai professor "its Thai culture, you foreigners don't understand", in other words they know it is wrong but the teacher is higher than the child and so can do anything they want

1 hour ago, Ridler said:

Don't know why these stories are reported, it doesn't matter, teachers beat children; it is illegal, but as I was told recently at a child protection conference by a Thai professor "its Thai culture, you foreigners don't understand", in other words they know it is wrong but the teacher is higher than the child and so can do anything they want

It says a lot about a society that accept beatings of children from pre-school to university. Wouldn't be surprised if rape, road rage, and sword fights fits the same category. But if a professor is too damn stupid to understand the meaning of the term "culture" it is sad and hopeless. And what kind of mother would accept a wai and monetary compensation instead of a severe punishment? She only gives the green light and may as well say: yeah you can beat my child up, as long as you pay for it. 

Edited by Lupatria

3 hours ago, sinbin said:

"It wasn't little Johnnies fault. He wouldn't do anything wrong to provoke the teacher".

I'm really surprised the teachers are so well restrained. I'd personally would do worse to some of the little sihts(anagram).

Hopefully you're not a teacher.

8 hours ago, whaleboneman said:

Hopefully you're not a teacher.

I AM a teacher and SO many times would like to knock some of these cherubs into next week. In particular was one little monster who would intentionally NOT take his medication and his entire day would be spent disrupting the class and hitting other students.

Having put this in writing, a teacher must NEVER strike a child no matter how angry they get.  Regardless how large some of them get, they're still children! Several of us foreign teachers witnessed a Thai teacher perform physical abuse to the point we felt compelled to report it to the director. Said director told us to ignore it.  "Thainess" at its finest.

Edited by quandow

10 minutes ago, quandow said:

I AM a teacher and SO many times would like to knock some of these cherubs into next week. In particular was one little monster who would intentionally NOT take his medication and his entire day would be spent disrupting the class and hitting other students.

Having put this in writing, a teacher must NEVER strike a child no matter how angry they get.  Regardless how large some of them get, they're still children! Several of us foreign teachers witnessed a Thai teacher perform physical abuse to the point we felt compelled to report it to the director. Said director told us to ignore it.  "Thainess" at its finest.

I can understand your frustration but I do wonder why it is the responsibility of the teacher to ensure the "little monster" takes their medication. :whistling: My congratulations on your ability to control your 'rage', something that many Thai have not learned or been taught.

"...director told us to ignore it" Thus those in charge perpetuate the abuse and fail to institute change for the better. 600 years and very little changes for the better.

13 hours ago, sinbin said:

Did you actually read the story, or just the headline.

21 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So you would have read that all the kid did was ask the teacher to change some money.

So based on the kid saying that, you believe him? Get both sides before concluding who was wrong. 

On 10/3/2017 at 8:15 AM, lvr181 said:

I can understand your frustration but I do wonder why it is the responsibility of the teacher to ensure the "little monster" takes their medication.

OH no no no no no . . . if that little <deleted> didn't take his meds, we were stuck with him as is. That was my first question to my foreign supervisor - can I keep a supply on hand for this little cherub?  He said, "No, you just have to deal with him." Needless to say, I no longer work there.