Questions about getting old in Thailand.... personal things

ghworker2010

17 minutes ago, yooper said:

Not funny at all, as you have no way of seeing the same things as I am

My apologies, obviously I touched some very difficult and raw  feelings

Remember try and do as I do and look forwards not backwards

God Bless, and I say this with love, look after yourself and do not be hard on yourself

Better we now close this I believe

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah...always gotta go forward and never back...words to live by...I'm just finding that out now in my late 60s...

sentimentality is a scourge of old age...cold eggs taste like shit...

no sarcasm intended...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

7 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes ... i agree ... but not only when old ....  im much younger and i constantly think about my past, my relatives who have gone, and just sad things everyday.

for sure it's OK to remember the past but ye can't let it beat ye...ye gotta learn from it, just sayin'...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

8 minutes ago, steven100 said:

yes ... i agree ... but not only when old ....  im much younger and i constantly think about my past, my relatives who have gone, and just sad things everyday.

Why think about your relatives who have gone -- they don't think about you?

15 hours ago, yooper said:

I was estranged from him for over 20 years although we lived close by, because of his racism that I had never fully realized until I brought my Thai wife home in '79 from my time in the army (12yrs).  I built a cabin on his acreage and we lived there while I went to school, she had to spend long days alone with my infant son where neither he or the wife would so much as ask if there was anything she needed while I was away.  They never interacted with our 3 kids from birth thru college graduation.  My wife still has very deep emotional scars and it is such a joy now to see her getting ready for a move back to Thailand. We feel young again.

I have no contact with my 4 (former) children. I would not interact with their children either.

You should be thankful for the free land, if nothing else.

17 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

I have no contact with my 4 (former) children. I would not interact with their children either.

How did they become "former"? I would have thought they would remain your children despite there being no contact. You don't divorce children. 

2 hours ago, GarryP said:

How did they become "former"? I would have thought they would remain your children despite there being no contact. You don't divorce children. 

Apparently some do, at one stage when my son was creating disasters all around him, I threatened to divorce him, he replied I could not, to which I replied, YOU WANT TO BET

He also knew not to bet against his father !

In any case over the years things improved

Thank you God for helping me achieve what I thought was impossible

3 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

you're not paying attention, nothing was free, always strings attached. 

5 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

That is somewhat sad. Your blood runs in their veins, and you have no knowledge of their lives or their children. Presumably they know nothing of you either since you came to Thailand. Given the choice, would you do it differently?

6 minutes ago, bazza73 said:

4 times over?  DNA tests would establish if she is lying.

I never understood guys willing to be heaped with all that divorce fighting.

Happy to take her word for it, and let her deal with the resulting sh*tstorm on her own.

Not mine? goodbye, emptied my bank account, moved to another country, never saw her or them again.

As my solicitor said, easier to make more children with another woman, which is what I did.

I'm sure the former kids will be looked after by somebody, women usually manage to find another mug.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Sleep is very important, and the symptoms you describe are more about lack of it rather than mid-life crisis. Yes, abilities start to flag in middle age, but typically more around 50's.  I find that now I am well in to middle age I can only be happy by living the same lifestyle I had as a 12 year old- and that may mean no alcohol, more sleep, more relaxation, and the need for family relationships.

The thoughts you are having are quite normal and hold the key to resolution, though to some extent I think it is more about accepting the absolute fun part of your life is over, but you will still have your moments I'm sure.

Yes, expectations in life are sky high, and personally I think that is because there are so few real opportunities in life regarding the things that really bring contentment. I don't think forcing the issue is ideal; this is something one has to contemplate and sublimate over the course of many years and decades.

Just one person, one life experience.

On 11/6/2017 at 8:16 PM, bazza73 said:

maejoMTB

"A lot of the respected members on this forum are in their 60s and 70s and thus I would like to know how many hours per night on average do you get?"

62, not respected, sleep 8-10 hours a night. Cycling 30Km, or hiking for 2-3 hours in the mountains makes sure I sleep well every night.

Libido, still banging away 3-4 times a week, which is a bit down from the 2-3 times a day when I first arrived age 52.

Not sure if the libido change was from scarcity in the first 30 years of my UK adult life, or the excess in the last 10 years in Thailand and PI. May be old age but it's hard to say.

Edited Monday at 12:54 PM by MaeJoMTB
On 11/6/2017 at 8:16 PM, bazza73 said:

You'll slow down when you hit the seventies, but don't worry about it. About twice a week, with the occasional orgy when we get it on two days in a row. Exercise is golf three times a week, plus swimming. Alcohol restricted to the weekends. As I've said before, I wish I'd known about Thailand much earlier in my life.

I seem to get a lot more dreams than when I was younger. Not nightmares. It reminds me of the Bible quotation, I think it was in Isaiah: " Your young men will have visions, and your old men will dream dreams".

I honestly can't think of anything more sad and humiliating to read than that of you two , two grandfather aged old boys who really feel the need to bolster their own egos by oversharing on a public forum, just how great studs they are and how often they do manage the sex act ad nauseum.

I figure that they have to do so as both were burnt big time by their wives in the west previously,[financially and emotionally, ie if you can believe half of the stories, it is obvious their treatment was well deserved] and now think they are something special as they now actually get some love and affection for the first times in their sad lives.
Also is generally known that those who need to continually brag, are usually given to embellish their stories.

Anyone, and i mean absolutely anyone can have P4P in Thailand, you two are not special in this regard, but most others choose not to brag about it.
Edited by garryjohns

10 hours ago, garryjohns said:
  •  .......and now think they are something special as they now actually get some love and affection for the first times in their sad lives.

Some  of us know the difference between 'sex' and  'love and affection'.

I've had 'love and affection' without the sex (cold British woman) ............. now I'm having the sex but no 'love and affection' (hot Thai woman).

If you don't want to participate in the OP 'Getting old,  personal things', why post?

11 hours ago, garryjohns said:

I honestly can't think of anything more sad and humiliating to read than that of you two , two grandfather aged old boys who really feel the need to bolster their own egos by oversharing on a public forum, just how great studs they are and how often they do manage the sex act ad nauseum.

I figure that they have to do so as both were burnt big time by their wives in the west previously,[financially and emotionally, ie if you can believe half of the stories, it is obvious their treatment was well deserved] and now think they are something special as they now actually get some love and affection for the first times in their sad lives.
Also is generally known that those who need to continually brag, are usually given to embellish their stories.

Anyone, and i mean absolutely anyone can have P4P in Thailand, you two are not special in this regard, but most others choose not to brag about it.

Feel better now?

9 hours ago, bazza73 said:

Too late - I saw the post before the edit. You can save your fingers now, I won't see anything you post in future.

Oh no ,please don't add me to your ever increasing ignore list.

You are so ruthless. :passifier::passifier:

Very pleased though that you got to see what i said.

Obviously the truth hurts.

And, yes, now i am indeed feeling better, a lot better.

Getting old in Thailand is no picnic for some falangs. They are broke, sick and cannot afford medical/dental care.  Some cannot even scrape up enough funds for a retirement visa. They live in fear of their next visa run, when an immigration officer looks at the stamps in their passport and decides to deny them re-entry.

Some can accept it was their own life choices that brought them to where they are now. Others take refuge in bitterness and vitriol.

1 hour ago, bazza73 said:

They are broke, sick and cannot afford medical/dental care. 

Not sure about the dental care, 200-300 for an extraction, you don't actually need more than that except for cosmetic reasons.

We Brits just accept missing and broken teeth.

2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Not sure about the dental care, 200-300 for an extraction, you don't actually need more than that except for cosmetic reasons.

We Brits just accept missing and broken teeth.

So there's another reason apart from British weather why Brits don't smile all that often.

• 4 weeks later...

This is getting scary. Most of the time my entire body is hurting, every muscle, every bone. Every kind of movement causes discomfort.
Never heard of anything like that. I am afraid to mention this to the Medics, fearing they will classify me as a hypochondriac, or them sending me off to the nearest psychiatrist.
This sounds like a joke, but to me, the problem is VERY REAL.
Anyone?
Thx & cheers.

I have felt like this increasingly in recent years! It's not " pain ", but rather, soreness and lethargy and total lack of energy. Also, over the last 12 years since reaching 50 I never can sleep longer than about 2 or 3 hours and then have to spend 1,2 or 3 hours trying to get back to sleep again. Needless to say, it ruins my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect