Easiest university to get into as an expat?

johnray

Is there a university in Bangkok that accepts expats?

I cannot speak any Thai.

I want to get the easiest and longest education visa stay.  If there is a degree at the end this is a bonus.

most unis have courses for foreigners, depends what you want to study. you could get a degree specifically in teaching English accredited by the ministry of education here. doubt it'll be worth much else where. http://siamtechnologyinternational.com/

all the major unis have courses in all sorts you could do, depends what you are looking for. if you can't speak thai enrol on a language course, cheap enough and they will assist with visas. 

Ramkhamhaeng University: Institute of International Studies. European/American/etc professors and several different degrees to choose from. It's a public university so you are guaranteed to be accepted. Fairly cheap as well.

Ramkhamhaeng is great for those who just want a student status

Degrees are easy to get, and they don’t mind if you attend the class or not

Inconvenience is that all employers are aware...

Assumption is a truly beautiful and trusted university, but degrees ask for work.

7 hours ago, portroyal said:

Ramkhamhaeng is great for those who just want a student status

Degrees are easy to get, and they don’t mind if you attend the class or not

Inconvenience is that all employers are aware...

Assumption is a truly beautiful and trusted university, but degrees ask for work.

Not sure I agree with the part about attendance. During the last couple of years I spent there (about three years ago) you needed a specific percentage of attendance in each course (I think it was 80%) in order to even get a grade in that course. Plenty of people had to retake courses because of this.

I told Ramkhamhaeng University that I do not have a high school certificate and they said they will not accept me.

What certificates do I need and where do I go to get them?  I have seen International House and British Council do these courses.

Do they recognize these courses?

On 10/4/2017 at 1:25 AM, johnray said:

I told Ramkhamhaeng University that I do not have a high school certificate and they said they will not accept me.

What certificates do I need and where do I go to get them?  I have seen International House and British Council do these courses.

Do they recognize these courses?

You need to undertake a pre-University course equivalent to a high school certificate in order to get Uni acceptance. International House do language courses which is not the same thing at all. Not sure why you want acceptance to a university when you haven't passed anything up to now? Or is this just about getting a visa and no actual interest in undertaking a course other than that?

Archived