Teacher fled school in Trat owning money to 50 students and parents

webfact

Teacher fled school in Trat owning money to 50 students and parents

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

TRAT: -- Thai media has reported that an hourly paid teacher has fled a school in Trat owning money to 50 people.

The woman initially borrowed 40,000 baht after pestering a student for a loan. She signed a contract and paid interest but soon stopped paying the money back saying she had run out and would only pay interest.

An increase in interest was decided but soon she stopped paying that too.

In the meantime she contacted dozens of other students and parents for loans of between 100 baht and 100,000 baht.

She fled her job before her contract was up on September 30th.

She is believed to have owed almost 1 million baht to 50 people.

The scale of the woman's borrowing came to light through a Line application group.

The director of the school told Sanook that if the teacher was a registered civil servant he could do something about it but she was just a hired extra. So there was nothing he could do.

Sanook made no reference to any names or action of police in the matter.

Many of the victims have no record of having lent the teacher money.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-04

Why are people so stupid?

Lending money to others is crazy 99% will never pay it back, I am sick of all the people here asking my wife to lend them money.

When she says no all she gets is you marry farang you rich, why you not help me.

Having said that, i am a bit strapped at the moment, anybody want to lend me a few thousand?

Edited by Scott
OP edited out

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Lending money to others is crazy 99% will never pay it back, I am sick of all the people here asking my wife to lend them money.

When she says no all she gets is you marry farang you rich, why you not help me.

Having said that, i am a bit strapped at the moment, anybody want to lend me a few thousand?

You could contact the school and see if another student has a spare 40,000 you could borrow.:sorry:

6 hours ago, colinneil said:

Sure Col How about a lazy million Would that see you through? But words of advice Never lend a Thai Money you never get it back Ask My wife   An employee owes her 1,300 Baht a former employee 4,000 Baht and here is the mother of them all Her own brother owes her 50,000 never got it back I said to her you lend 1 more Baht and i will chop your bloody hands off( Just joking)

23 minutes ago, Happyman58 said:

Sure Col How about a lazy million Would that see you through? But words of advice Never lend a Thai Money you never get it back Ask My wife   An employee owes her 1,300 Baht a former employee 4,000 Baht and here is the mother of them all Her own brother owes her 50,000 never got it back I said to her you lend 1 more Baht and i will chop your bloody hands off( Just joking)

Funny that, I have lent some Thais some money and got it back... must be the company you keep :smile:

2 hours ago, PremiumLane said:

Funny that, I have lent some Thais some money and got it back... must be the company you keep :smile:

That’s just to show you he/she was honest and “i say i do” after 3rd round you’ll be chasing like the rest of the Thai pack as well!! Hehehe!!

9 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes agree Colin

Non of them have any idea & it is just one big merry go round for them to pay one & then the other (that's if they bother at all ).

Because as the article mentioned they will run back to the home village where they will know people are looking for them

I would help you but in another post it mentioned that you have to have your eyes wide opened

1 hour ago, michaellee said:

That’s just to show you he/she was honest and “i say i do” after 3rd round you’ll be chasing like the rest of the Thai pack as well!! Hehehe!!

He obviously hasn't lent many people money

On 04/10/2017 at 9:35 AM, colinneil said:

got some vietnamese dong if you want 55555