Royal Thai Consulate in Penang to limit visa applications to 200 per day

19 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I don't recall that there was ever any limit.

I was just wondering what the average was .

If its below 200, then there shouldnt be any issues , if its more than 200 , the excess will have to go elsewhere for a Visa

27 minutes ago, scotchonrocks said:

Must be the only embassy in the world that limits the number of visas issued. More madness from the LoS!

Good luck applying for a visa at the German embassy in Bangkok. And don't forget to make an appointment, before you go there. :sad:

2 hours ago, scotchonrocks said:

Must be the only embassy in the world that limits the number of visas issued. More madness from the LoS!

Not really, I assume that this is the limit the current staff can enter in the system (whatever system they have in place).

In Phnom Penh we face similar problem, they can not finish all visa application within the day which are often between 400-600 on a daily basis, but I never understand of what prevents them to have some work around solutions...

Or may be the Consul can not sign more than 200 per day, who knows

Edited by visarunner
  • Like 1

Sigh - slick move by the consulate. This now means that every agent will be offering a backdoor service for an extra 4,000 baht, split 50-50 between the shysters at the consulate and the agents. Sheesh.

And they've also reduced their opening time by 33%, to between 9:00 am and 11.00 am. 200 people in just 2 hours? That's one person in every 30 seconds . . . realistically that's probably just 100 applications a day. 

2 hours ago, robsamui said:

And they've also reduced their opening time by 33%, to between 9:00 am and 11.00 am. 200 people in just 2 hours? That's one person in every 30 seconds . . . realistically that's probably just 100 applications a day. 

Apparently, many of those will be "stacks of passports" from agents - not applicants physically in line.

On 10/6/2017 at 5:10 PM, ubonjoe said:

Or try again the next day. I wonder how it will work with the the agents.

But surely they will need to have some kind of system where they can give person number 201 priority the next day otherwise if you keep missing out you could be there for  days:blink:

14 hours ago, lemonjelly said:

It’s going to be a first come first serve basis then?.....

What other option would there be?  Last come first serve?? Basically it means no one really has a shot of going on their own.  Agents have guys that wait on lines early and take handoffs of stacks of visa applications so they will wind up taking the first ten people on line (agents) with 20 passports each and send everyone else home.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, steelerian said:

Just employ more staff, and make more money, surely?

Probably the embassy can't keep the money, so they don't give a shit about it and having less employees means more work for the boss.

On 10/7/2017 at 9:24 AM, scotchonrocks said:

Sad such an uninformed comment, with ultimately only one goal: slagging off.

• Haha 1