Can I get 60 day extension if I’ve only used 9 months of my non imm multi entry 0 visa obtained at savannakhet?

So I got a multi o non imm visa at savannakhet 9 months ago and im thinking should I apply for a year visa extension at chaeng watthana now that I have a proof of income letter or should I extend this multi entry o one for another 60 days then after that apply for the year visa?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

19 minutes ago, stevymac said:

So I got a multi o non imm visa at savannakhet 9 months ago and im thinking should I apply for a year visa extension at chaeng watthana now that I have a proof of income letter or should I extend this multi entry o one for another 60 days then after that apply for the year visa?

You will be applying for a one year extension of stay (visas are not extended) during the last 30 days of any of the 90 day entries from your visa.

• Like 1

But can I extend it for 60 days I’ve heard? For example my friend say he got same as me and at the end of the 12 month he extended it for 60 days at chaeng watthana. I’m wondering can I extend it for 60 days even though I’ve not used up the full year?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

9 minutes ago, stevymac said:

But can I extend it for 60 days I’ve heard? For example my friend say he got same as me and at the end of the 12 month he extended it for 60 days at chaeng watthana. I’m wondering can I extend it for 60 days even though I’ve not used up the full year?

You can extend any of your 90 day entries for 60 days.

You can extend the last 90 day entry you can do on or before the enter before date on your visa and get a total stay of about 17 months from your visa.

Ok so I’m probably best extending it for 60 days then get the full one year extension after that right? How much for 60 day extension and how much is for the one year extension? Sorry to be a pain in the rectum with all these questions. Cheers for replies chaps.

33 minutes ago, stevymac said:

Ok so I’m probably best extending it for 60 days then get the full one year extension after that right? How much for 60 day extension and how much is for the one year extension? Sorry to be a pain in the rectum with all these questions. Cheers for replies chaps.

both the same 1,900 baht

34 minutes ago, stevymac said:

Ok so I’m probably best extending it for 60 days then get the full one year extension after that right? ...

Up to you if you want to do more border-runs and/or pay for a 60-day extension. 

If going that route, expanding on what UJ said, above - an entry to Thailand just before the "enter before" date stamped on your visa gets you a fresh 90-days permitted-stay - which takes to to nearly 15 months permitted-stay from your visa.  That last permitted-stay can then be extended by 60-days (a "visit your wife/family" extension") - which is how you get to almost 17 months total.

39 minutes ago, stevymac said:

The fee for all extensions is 1900 baht.

There is no reason to get the 60 day extension first.

If you get the 60 day extension and then the one year extension it will be the only 60 day extension you will be able to get unless you do an entry with a new visa.

• Like 1