Police seek to check DNA on disputed first-prize lottery tickets

rooster59

Police seek to check DNA on disputed first-prize lottery tickets

By The Nation

Police have requested to borrow disputed lottery tickets from the Government Lottery Office (GLO) to analyse for DNA and fingerprints to discover whether a Buri Ram man’s first-prize tickets had been stolen.

The man, Phansak Suachumsaeng, 31, filed a complaint with police in August that his double tickets with first-prize winning number 715431 for the August 16 draw ad been stolen from his house in Buri Ram’s Nang Rong district.

The man alleged that a boy, Jessadaphan, might have stolen the tickets he had hidden under a home stereo system. Phansak claimed the boy liked to play his stereo system every day but stopped going to his house after the lottery results were announced on August 16.

Police have checked and confirmed that the winning tickets had been sold in the district by the lottery vendor Phansak claimed to buy from. However, but the tickets had been cashed in by a couple from Roi Et.

The couple, Witthaya and Kwansiri Thanasapsin, later told police that they happened to be in Buri Ram and bought three, not two, tickets and they had cashed the cheque for Bt18 million from the GLO.

Nang Rong police station chief Pol Colonel Somphop Sangkornthong said on Saturday that he had sent a request to the GLO to borrow the tickets for DNA and fingerprints analysis.

Somphop said he expected the request would be approved next week.

He said police would seek DNA samples from Phansak, the boy, the boy’s father and the couple to compare with DNA traces on the tickets to try to end the dispute once and for all.

Source: 

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-08

47 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Surley its already sorted couple who claimed 18 mil obviously had 3 tickets. The man claims 2 were stolen. Odds of just happening to have a single ticket which matches the allegedly stolen ones!

He actually said his "double" tickets. Not "two" tickets. 

Easy to work this one out. Get the couple from Roiet to go to Nang Rong and show the police where they bought the tickets. If they were stolen then they won't be able to. 

1 hour ago, puchooay said:

He actually said his "double" tickets. Not "two" tickets. 

Easy to work this one out. Get the couple from Roiet to go to Nang Rong and show the police where they bought the tickets. If they were stolen then they won't be able to. 

Even a double (two) wont get 18m has to be three.

Double "ticketssssssssss".

Ok let me walk you through.

1 ticket is worth 6mil if you win 2 would be 12 mil 3 would be the magic figure 18mil which the couple who cashed in got. Double of 1 ticket is 2 tickets therefore 12mil you can not get to 18 mil by doubling tickets. Trippeling yes not doubling.

39 minutes ago, puchooay said:

When you buy lottery tickets you by them in doubles.1 double ticket is work 6 million. 3 double tickets is worth 18 million. "double tickets" could well mean 3 doubles.

Actually the tickets are now single tickets. One equals six million first prize. This changed 1st September. But back in August they were doubles. 

10 minutes ago, Dazinoz said:

Actually the tickets are now single tickets. One equals six million first prize. This changed 1st September. But back in August they were doubles. 

I bought 2 double tickets for October 1st draw. Maybe not changed everywhere yet. 

When you buy lottery tickets you by them in doubles.1 double ticket is work 6 million. 3 double tickets is worth 18 million. "double tickets" could well mean 3 doubles.

You buy a single ticket now worth 6 mil if you win

40 minutes ago, puchooay said:

I bought 2 double tickets for October 1st draw. Maybe not changed everywhere yet. 

That wouldn't happen in Thailand. 

Interesting if you won on those if they paid up. I could image scams using old tickets. 

20 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

You buy a single ticket now worth 6 mil if you win

The draw in question was in August. As pointed out the new single tickets, in some areas, started to be sold in September.

As I pointed out, in some places the tickets are still doubles.

39 minutes ago, puchooay said:

The draw in question was in August. As pointed out the new single tickets, in some areas, started to be sold in September.

As I pointed out, in some places the tickets are still doubles.

Tickets in all thailand are now singles as from 1st sept. However when the draw was it would have been double tickets but even so still soes not compute according to the story but never mind DNA will tell lol

15 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Tickets in all thailand are now singles as from 1st sept. However when the draw was it would have been double tickets but even so still soes not compute according to the story but never mind DNA will tell lol

I bought 2 double tickets on 29th September, as I mentioned earlier.

Edited by puchooay

2 hours ago, puchooay said:

No you did not, you may have bought 2 single tickets, but you did not buy the old style double ticket.

"maybe not changed everywhere yet" - are you serious? You think that a lottery could be run with all sorts of different tickets in the mix?

I bought 2 double tickets on 29th September, as I mentioned earlier.

Like I mentioned maybe you did but I don't think they would be valid. Did you check date on ticket?

Surely every region/town/district/area has its own serial numbers which can easily be identified.A vendor will know his own serial No batch and most likely can identify the ticket buyer.?

I thought Gambling isn't allowed in Buddhism and the Kingdom? 

1 minute ago, Mickmouse1 said:

Surely every region/town/district/area has its own serial numbers which can easily be identified.A vendor will know his own serial No batch and most likely can identify the ticket buyer.?

I thought Gambling isn't allowed in Buddhism and the Kingdom? 

Thet know the seller both parties say the bought the winning tickets of him.

Lottery the official one is legal here.

1 hour ago, Dazinoz said:

Like I mentioned maybe you did but I don't think they would be valid. Did you check date on ticket?

Yes. Lottery draw for 1st October. I didn't win anyway, but I have since checked and, yes, they were perfectly valid.

1 hour ago, pearciderman said:

No you did not, you may have bought 2 single tickets, but you did not buy the old style double ticket.

"maybe not changed everywhere yet" - are you serious? You think that a lottery could be run with all sorts of different tickets in the mix?

You mean like, how some forms are required at certain immigration offices but not others? Maybe that some need a residence certificate to get a drivers licence and others don't? Maybe the need for a syphilis test for a work permit in some labour offices but not others? Maybe the different fine amounts for driving offences depending where you are?

Yep. Everything is done here at a national level.

I was there. I saw the tickets. Were you that chap standing behind me when I bought them? I thought not. So you would not know.

Edited by puchooay

15 minutes ago, puchooay said:

You mean like, how some forms are required at certain immigration offices but not others? Maybe that some need a residence certificate to get a drivers licence and others don't? Maybe the need for a syphilis test for a work permit in some labour offices but not others? Maybe the different fine amounts for driving offences depending where you are?

Yep. Everything is done here at a national level.

I was there. I saw the tickets. Were you that chap standing behind me when I bought them? I thought not. So you would not know.

Yawn troll.

8 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Yawn troll.

Is that it? I thought you might do better than that. 555

Shame I didn't win anything on those double tickets. That would have been the icing on the cake.

Remember one thing. (3 x 2) x 3 is 18.