Non-immigrant o visa

i have recently gotten a non-immigration 0 visa on a trip back to the US. just got back to Thailand on 7 May 03 what are the pros and cons with this kind of a visa.

i plan on staying in Thailand as long as i can. i am 59 married to a thai. what info can you all give me? all information you can give me will be helpful.

i thank you all in advance for your help

don meurett

[email protected]

Being married to a Thai you can extend your 90 day stay incountry with a visit to immigration and paying 500 baht.  You will need about 250k baht (passbook) in a Thai bank that is shown as coming from outside Thailand (if you don't work here), photos of you both together, a passport type photo for application, a letter from bank within the last week confirming you have xxx,xxx in your account (costs about 200 baht), your wife, her id and home register and copies of everything.  If you do not have funds you can still obtain a multi entry non immigrant visa valid for one year which will allow you to just exit/enter country every 90 days for a period of almost 15 months before you need to get another.  If marriage is not reason you here and you plan to stay even if it ends you can also get a retirement visa which is a yearly extension like for support but requires 800k or 65k monthly income from overseas.

To lopburi3's comment, I'd just like to add that the financial requirement for a retirement visa can be a combination:

If your monthly income is less than B65000, then you can transfer the difference to a local bank.

Example:  If your monthly income is B40000 or B480,000 per year, you can transfer B320,000 to a local bank to cover the difference.