O Extension, Reentry, Time/Date

Hi and thanks for looking at my questions.

Because January is so hectic for myself, wife and CW I would like to make my extension as early as possible keeping in mind pick up 30 days thereafter.

Some years back there was a huge gray area about leaving while your extension is under consideration. From what I've read here there are no issues as long as one has the reentry.

This will be my fourth extension and the last two were absolutely smooth. The first, a tiny issue resolved same day. Last year's extension processed in twenty minutes.

I will go to CW and obtain a Reentry to avoid Dec crush

We will be out of Thailand Dec 22-Jan 01.

My renewal is up January 13 - stamped

In a nutshell, I want to go to CW on the December 15 to have my paperwork processed, picking up January 15. 

1. Can I get the reentry after we do the O extension paperwork? I don't see why not.

2. Will there be any potential issues leaving the country while under consideration? Yes, I'm aware they could call or need something additional. I'd have a week to do this OR need to follow up on return Jan 03-13.

3. Might there be any issues coming/going with immigration? Wife, self used to use immigration queue shorter depending on Thai/foreigner but it's segregated more now at least imo on outbound at least.

Thank you

PS they seem strict about picking up the date stamped but I knew a guy who seemingly didn't give it a thought. He just said he'd pu when back in BKK. Traveling outside with only his drs license

Edited by Number 6

20 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

1. Can I get the reentry after we do the O extension paperwork? I don't see why not.

2. Will there be any potential issues leaving the country while under consideration? Yes, I'm aware they could call or need something additional. I'd have a week to do this OR need to follow up on return Jan 03-13.

3. Might there be any issues coming/going with immigration? Wife, self used to use immigration queue shorter depending on Thai/foreigner but it's segregated more now at least imo on outbound at least.

1. As soon as you have the under consideration stamp. You can apply for a re-entry permit that will valid up to the report back date on the stamp.

2. There should be no issue since it is not your first extension when they might do a home visit.

3. I can no reason why there might be problem on entry.

20 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

PS they seem strict about picking up the date stamped but I knew a guy who seemingly didn't give it a thought. He just said he'd pu when back in BKK. Traveling outside with only his drs license

If the application is approved it can be done early. Going a day or so after the report back date would not be a problem since that is not the date the under consideration period ends.

Not sure why he would be traveling without his passport since they give it back to you after the application is accepted.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

If the application is approved it can be done early.

?? Are you staying that I might pu the extension prior to the one month? How would one know this? In this case will never happen imo because it will only be four working days.

Yes, correct. I guess he had his pp. He would be returning late for the stamp. Apologies.

So, back to my original questions. With a reentry, can I leave while under consideration without issue? Entry/exit? 

Can I obtain the re-entry on the day we make the extension (will have under consideration stamp)

Sorry, thanks

As Joe says, there should be no issues at all, I've done exactly as you propose several times and never had a problem, normally, immigration will let you know on the first visit, if they see anything wrong or need additional documentation.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

So, back to my original questions. With a reentry, can I leave while under consideration without issue? Entry/exit? 

Can I obtain the re-entry on the day we make the extension (will have under consideration stamp)

See my last post, absolutely no problem, get the reentry permit immediately after getting the under consideration stamp.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

?? Are you staying that I might pu the extension prior to the one month? How would one know this? In this case will never happen imo because it will only be four working days.

You can contact immigration prior to the report back date to find out if it is approved and then get the one year extension stamp before the report back date.

11 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Yes and Yes.

• Thanks 1