Forum upgrade in progress! ×

PT Taxi Company, getting worse ?

susanschwaiger

I use PT quite often in the past for transportation to and from BKK airport. 

However, the recent experience was so unpleasant. 

Our flight was on 10/3 and we must leave home at 8AM. On 9/29, I messaged PT and a guy called me back and confirmed the pick up.  On 10/1, I messaged PT asking for the driver info and phone number , got no reply. On 10/2, I called PT and they told me the driver info will come out at 8 or 9PM that day . So I waited till 9:30PM but still nothing came. I was quite nervous and went to a familiar taxi stall and booked another taxi. Later, I send message to PT to cancel my booking, and still no message came back....

I don't know what happened to PT now.  Even though they really didn't know the driver info yet, they could send a reply telling me not to worry and the pickup was already arranged well etc....... But PT's communication was so horrible and I really  didn't  want to take any risk..

I have had similar issues with private taxi companies when booking Mini-Vans for my Family on their visits to Thailand.... Its norm that the details are sent relatively close to the pickup times. It's also the norm that if they do give you the details the day before they may well change on pickup day. 

I suspect the guys who run these companies (websites) are outsourcing to other companies. 

I always ensured I had a short notice backup, just in case. 

I see this as all part and parcel of the way Thai's do business. Its quite relaxed, but when it can affect us catching a flight etc is seems highly unprofessional. 

I stopped using PT after 2 bad experiences in a row (exceptionally old/dirty cars, driver stopping in the middle of the route to pick up a new phone charger, taking forever to get his car and come back after we initially find each other in the terminal)... Every place sells a trip from BKK to Pattaya for 1000 baht so there's no reason to not try something else. I'm happy with Nan's now from using them 3 times on my last trip - cars were newer with polite/timely drivers.

55 minutes ago, susanschwaiger said:

I do use PT taxi for several years now...

Never had any problem...Just yesterday I booked for 2 different friends taxi's for them..One Don Muang-Pattaya  and one Pattaya-Suvarnabhumi.

Both were pretty new SUV's and right on time. 

Communication by email always works perfect with confirmation message send.. 

They never call..Always reply with confirmation by mail with detailed info.

So it sounds strange that you were called to give detailed info about driver/pick up time

It has phone numbers from English speaking staff on it in case taxi driver is not spotted (yet).

Their office staff is not good in English, thats why email answers always one day later..

But you are right...If indeed they did a bad job that time, they should contact you to apologise..

12 hours ago, champers said:

Though I have never used him, over the years Mr T has built up quite a following here.

I would steer clear of Uber for the time being; they are in the middle of a turf war.

Never used anyone else and never had reason to. Excellent service. 

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:47 AM, Kadilo said:

Never used anyone else and never had reason to. Excellent service. 

Used Mr.T for many years until several times in a row I 'phoned to book taxis and was told to call back.

Switched to PT and my gripe with them is the drivers drive fast and crazy (they are Thai I suppose) and won't slow down when told.

Used Mr.T for many years until several times in a row I 'phoned to book taxis and was told to call back.

Switched to PT and my gripe with them is the drivers drive fast and crazy (they are Thai I suppose) and won't slow down when told.

I always email MrT never phone booked. Email answered same day no problems.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived