Do these hotels exist?

alt

Hi all,

Returning to LOS for a month in December, woohoo!

We always stay in Hotel Icon on Soi 2 (Sukhumvit) as it has an excellent pool and close to BTS but we wouldn't mind changing hotels once those requiriments are met.

With that, can anyone clarify if these hotels are fully built and open for business? (TIT!!)

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g293916-d12823095-Reviews-Travelodge_Sukhumvit_11-Bangkok.html#apg=a4e3986e870742078508a3b43995c8bd&ss=399A179C4652EE7E94C537F7248C38BA

https://www.tripadvisor.ie/Hotel_Review-g293916-d12938090-Reviews-SureStay_Plus_Hotel_by_Best_Western_Sukhumvit_2-Bangkok.html#apg=e1aa588e1d744c0db42fc38815434ef7&ss=399A179C4652EE7E94C537F7248C38BA

What used to be branded under the Travel Lodge "family" is now just called the City Lodge, and is actually located on the corner of Sukhumvit Road and Sukhumvit Soi 9, at GPS 13.740420, 100.555819     https://www.mosaic-collection.com/citylodge9/

What used to be called the Best Western Sukhumvit Klassique hotel is now just called the Klassique Hotel, and is located off of Sukkhumvit Soi 73, at GPS   13.710518, 100.598222  http://klassiquesukhumvit.com/ 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/10/2017 at 5:01 AM, Thainess said:

www.google.com. Learn to use it. Closed.

Wow, what a miserable life you must lead. 

Anyhow, took a chance and booked Travel Lodge Soi 11 as it says opening some time early Nov (forget the date). As we don't arrive until Dec i'm hoping it'll be fully operational. If not, we'll just stroll down to our usual hotel. At 1,400 THB (inc. brekkie) it's worth the chance

On 10/19/2017 at 11:46 PM, alt said:

Wow, what a miserable life you must lead. 

Anyhow, took a chance and booked Travel Lodge Soi 11 as it says opening some time early Nov (forget the date). As we don't arrive until Dec i'm hoping it'll be fully operational. If not, we'll just stroll down to our usual hotel. At 1,400 THB (inc. brekkie) it's worth the chance

You're the one staying in cheap hotels. If anyone's life is miserable, it's yours. Me, I've been retired since 45 and live in a 5-bedroom luxury beachfront villa which I own. I party every day and enjoy life to the fullest. Who are you to make any assumption about the quality of my life?

7 hours ago, Thainess said:

You're the one staying in cheap hotels. If anyone's life is miserable, it's yours. Me, I've been retired since 45 and live in a 5-bedroom luxury beachfront villa which I own. I party every day and enjoy life to the fullest. Who are you to make any assumption about the quality of my life?

"...and live in a 5-bedroom luxury beachfront villa which I own"

Of course you do.

"Who are you to make any assumption about the quality of my life?"

You omitted hypocrisy when you itemised your wonderful life.  Who are you to tell him to learn how to use Google and then haughtily tell them their thread is closed?

Edited by Just Weird

On 10/23/2017 at 8:56 AM, Thainess said:

You're the one staying in cheap hotels. 

Quite the difference between 'cheap' and 'good value', which from travelling various parts of the world for the past 6 years have come to learn.

The TravelLodge, to me, seems 'good value' - mainly because it's just opening up next week, the prices are obviously low to get people in. I remember when Four Points on Soi 15 first opened, we were getting wonderful deals for about 1800 THB .... nowadays it's about double that for the same room.

Good luck with the partying, you clown. Party all you like, from the sounds of things, the day you die, your corpse will lay rotting for a long time, until one of your w****s needs more money and calls round to her ATM.

On 10/25/2017 at 8:26 PM, alt said:

Quite the difference between 'cheap' and 'good value', which from travelling various parts of the world for the past 6 years have come to learn.

The TravelLodge, to me, seems 'good value' - mainly because it's just opening up next week, the prices are obviously low to get people in. I remember when Four Points on Soi 15 first opened, we were getting wonderful deals for about 1800 THB .... nowadays it's about double that for the same room.

Good luck with the partying, you clown. Party all you like, from the sounds of things, the day you die, your corpse will lay rotting for a long time, until one of your w****s needs more money and calls round to her ATM.

Hahaha, no.... Just no. You're so jealous it's literally jumping out of the screen.

On 10/23/2017 at 11:12 PM, Just Weird said:

You can read my name, then?  You're Thainess.

I was implying that your username seems very appropriate, but that obviously went straight over your head, just like my original comment.

17 hours ago, Thainess said:

I was implying that your username seems very appropriate, but that obviously went straight over your head, just like my original comment.

No, it didn't go over my head at all, my post was a reference to how banal your comment was.

By the way, you never got back regarding my question on another thread about the cost of the designer suits you always buy, any news on that?

On 10/29/2017 at 12:21 PM, Thainess said:

Hahaha, no.... Just no. You're so jealous it's literally jumping out of the screen.

Jealous of what? I'm under 30, we get to travel the world for 3 months of the year (Haven't had to fly Economy for the past 4 years), love my job, love my country (except in winter... that's why we travel!)

For what it's worth, my yacht would have cost more than your so-called beach-side villa (where is it??) - BUT, tell you what... take a picture of you (feel free to blank our your wrinkly face) in your beach-side villa with a recent newspaper, and i'll do the same with the yacht.... i'll even take pics on Business of the 787 Dreamliner and A380 when we go in a few weeks :)

Jealous of a bitter old troll.... you give me a good laugh :)

Edited by alt

On 10/30/2017 at 5:57 AM, Just Weird said:

By the way, you never got back regarding my question on another thread about the cost of the designer suits you always buy, any news on that?

Reckon he gets his 'designer' suits on Koh San Rd.... 

Given that I actually like the TV forums and almost always get helpful, useful replies from forum members, think i'll just ignore that Thainess <deleted> - great things about forums is that it can be done in a click!

You can get a good hotel for under 1500...no need to pay more unless your company is paying.  Lots of negatives come with the high end...200 baht beers, 40 baht waters, 1500 baht guest fees....you can have it.  Ruamchitt is quite nice, with a great pool.  I actually had a great stay at Siam Privi, no pool, four an early bird rate of 220.  Crazy cheap.  Perfectly clean and modern.  Great neighborhood in Huai Kwang.  A friend stays at Radison Blue and loves it....I like Denny's bar in the Holiday Inn, but the buffet reviews are bad.  Something for everyone...Agoata is my best bet.

On 11/2/2017 at 4:03 AM, alt said:

Jealous of what? I'm under 30, we get to travel the world for 3 months of the year (Haven't had to fly Economy for the past 4 years), love my job, love my country (except in winter... that's why we travel!)

For what it's worth, my yacht would have cost more than your so-called beach-side villa (where is it??) - BUT, tell you what... take a picture of you (feel free to blank our your wrinkly face) in your beach-side villa with a recent newspaper, and i'll do the same with the yacht.... i'll even take pics on Business of the 787 Dreamliner and A380 when we go in a few weeks :)

Jealous of a bitter old troll.... you give me a good laugh :)

Yeah, of course you have a yacht and just happen to be asking about cheap hotels. Bet you're an unqualified English teacher earning less than 100,000 baht a month and your "yacht" is an inflatable rubber dinghy to go with your inflatable girlfriend. Your fragile little ego is working overtime here. Go away.

On 11/5/2017 at 6:50 AM, Thainess said:

Yeah, of course you have a yacht and just happen to be asking about cheap hotels. Bet you're an unqualified English teacher earning less than 100,000 baht a month and your "yacht" is an inflatable rubber dinghy to go with your inflatable girlfriend. Your fragile little ego is working overtime here. Go away.

Still waiting on a pic of you beach side property (that doesn't exist)

Get off the thread that I created.... there are helpful posters willing to help.

PS. Don't think an English teacher would be flying Business Class for the past few years to SE Asia annually ;) (And because i'm a gentleman, I pay for my GF's flights as her XMas present, so that's 2 x Business fares)