Pregnancy extension for Filipina woman who is pregnant

Hello, I am EU Citizen, my girlfriend Filipina is pregnant 6 months, we will do a long visa-run in Cambodia then back to Thailand. So she will be back with a 7 - 8 months pregnancy

I am not aware how is the process to apply for a extension for a pregnant woman, and how much she can hope to get pregnancy extension, and even after her pregnancy is it possible ?

What does long visa extension mean? What I’m saying is if you go at 6 months and come back at 8 months - considering the shitty state of medical care in Cambodia - the baby may not get the best prenatal care. This is an absolutely critical stage of your baby’s development. My soon to be wife is already 7.5 months in and I’d never do visa runs at this stage. What if she pops preterm? Maybe some type of medical visa is in order - but not the tourist thing. Not at this stage.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

she will be back on visa-exempt, or tourist visa, if she get it.

Then we would like to apply for extension of stay of Thailand for pregnancy reason.

Right, but we don't have choice to leave Thailand, especially at Chaweng Wattana, the officer was already very angry at her that she stayed already so long time in Thailand ( 4 months ) and she told her you're maybe girl who do bad work here in Thailand.....

that's why I wanted we leave Thailand to make out of living in Thailand, they don't have much heart for pregnant woman in Thailand, they even think she's working during her pregnancy. 

Edited by Danielsiam

There is no extension of stay for being pregnant.

If she's unable to travel for a medical reason she might qualify for an extension of stay. She would need a letter from a doctor confirming she can't travel. Just being pregnant wouldn't qualify. Medical extensions are given for a maximum of 90 days at a time.

10 hours ago, Danielsiam said:

I wanted we leave Thailand to make out of living in Thailand, they don't have much heart for pregnant woman in Thailand, they even think she's working during her pregnancy. 

Why would they. You make the baby, you take care of it, not Thailand.... Own responsibility is a shit sometimes.....oach...

Glegolo

• Thanks 1

I admire your commitment to your new family, and attempt to time your gf's child-birth with being in a place with excellent medical-care.  The only advice I might add, is if you can stay in Malaysia instead of Cambodia for that month, this could provide good medical-alternatives should she enter labor early (however unlikely this may be).

12 hours ago, Danielsiam said:

... at Chaweng Wattana, the officer was already very angry at her that she stayed already so long time in Thailand ( 4 months ) and she told her you're maybe girl who do bad work here in Thailand...

... they don't have much heart for pregnant woman in Thailand, they even think she's working during her pregnancy.

To spite the total absence of "Thai welfare" available to the OP, or the mother of his child, or the child when born, the officer seemed to think that she was somehow a problem to Thailand - that she must be working illegally.  While that might be a reasonable concern in many cases, a Farang boyfriend who is taking care of her should have put that concern to rest.

Never-mind the tens of thousands of Cambodians with legal visas, supplied by IOs at the behest of elites.  In a sane analysis of lost Thai job-opportunities, a pregnant Filipina with a Farang boyfriend, some early Western retirees, and backpackers don't rank.  They are simply the magician's distracting-hand. 

Unfortunately, many IOs seem to fall for the magician's tricks, and think this behavior is good for their country, when it actually contributes to the problem, by reducing foreign-capital flow into the country from self-supported foreigners.  This sort of pattern is not a problem unique to Thailand.

OP I think the safest bet is to go to your wife’s home country, which is not too far away. Not an expert on the Philippines but I think for the short term it’s not such a bad idea until the baby is born? Hate for your baby to be born in Thailand then have visa issues and such and have to leave Thailand with a newborn in tow. It just seems immigration is a little stricter than usual lately, so perhaps a good alternative is to stay at some exotic Phil Beach with a good hospital nearby? Just an idea. Trying to err on the safe side and visa won’t be an issue for you, and obviously no issue at all for her. Is there a reason why you are choosing Thailand specifically? I thought Phils had great hospitals—they certainly have great nurses.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

• 11 months later...

Good afternoon,

I Would like to ask you something because this is my first time to applying visa me and my danish boyfriend been travel in thailand 3 times already since January 2018 I'm a filipina and were planning to go back in the middle of October just for holiday maybe 14 days again, because my boyfriend love the nature and culture of Thailand and yes me too,  now that I'm 3 and half months pregnant. We've talk about it that I want me to give birth in bangkok hospital we also planning to rent a apartment there when I'm there. But I don't know what is all the requirements can you help me and send me what do I I need to process. Like  when I give birth to thailand how long to we need to wait for my newborn baby birth certificate and how about the passport how long time before to make it and how long time before we both can travel. I apologize for me being so much to ask but I'm so curious I hope you understand and thank you so much.

20 minutes ago, Frilars said:

Like  when I give birth to thailand how long to we need to wait for my newborn baby birth certificate and how about the passport how long time before to make it and how long time before we both can travel. I apologize for me being so much to ask but I'm so curious I hope you understand and thank you so much.

The birth certificate would only take to few days to obtain.

You should be able to apply for the baby's passports shortly after getting their birth certificate. How long that takes to get the passport depends upon your embassies.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Frilars said:

Good afternoon,

I Would like to ask you something because this is my first time to applying visa me and my danish boyfriend been travel in thailand 3 times already since January 2018 I'm a filipina and were planning to go back in the middle of October just for holiday maybe 14 days again, because my boyfriend love the nature and culture of Thailand and yes me too,  now that I'm 3 and half months pregnant. We've talk about it that I want me to give birth in bangkok hospital we also planning to rent a apartment there when I'm there. But I don't know what is all the requirements can you help me and send me what do I I need to process. Like  when I give birth to thailand how long to we need to wait for my newborn baby birth certificate and how about the passport how long time before to make it and how long time before we both can travel. I apologize for me being so much to ask but I'm so curious I hope you understand and thank you so much.

If giving birth in a Bangkok hospital, the birth certificate is quickly issued. As a general rule, a passport is not necessary to travel with an infant. The child's birth certificate and your passport, as the mother, is sufficient. If you do need a child passport for some reason, I would suggest inquiring at the Philippine embassy as to what they will need, and the normal turnaround time.

• Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, BritTim said:

As a general rule, a passport is not necessary to travel with an infant.

The infant will certainly need a passport to leave the country along with their birth certificate to prove why there is no entry stamp in the passport.

They will have to show a passport to the airline also to prove they can enter the country they are traveling to.

• Thanks 1

Should I go to Philippine embassy in thailand and apply for my newborn baby a passport after I give birth and got a birthday certificate. Can philippine embassy make a passport for my little one even we are there. 

5 minutes ago, Frilars said:

Should I go to Philippine embassy in thailand and apply for my newborn baby a passport after I give birth and got a birthday certificate. Can philippine embassy make a passport for my little one even we are there. 

Yes they will but you will have to report their birth as the first step. See: http://bangkokpe.dfa.gov.ph/consular-office/services/civil-registry/report-of-birth

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, Frilars said:

Thank you so much ubonjoe???? I really appreciate your answer.. 

But do you know how long time it takes to make passport for little one thank you so much????

The embassy website I posted a link to earlier states 6 weeks plus the time for the birth registration.

If you need to leave urgently you could get them a travel document that would allow them to travel to the Philippines.

• Thanks 1

On 10/1/2018 at 12:47 PM, Frilars said:

Good afternoon,

We've talk about it that I want me to give birth in bangkok hospital

You do know the cost of delivery there? 

They have a package starting at 50.000 baht for natural birth. 

Complications like a C-section will set you back several 100.000 of baht. 

Also they don't deliver many babies there (cost). 

Me and my wife used the government hospital with private room, mainly for their experienced staff. 

Yes I have seen the package and I've sent it to my fiancee and he's okay with it, he told me money doesn't matter most important is we got soon as possible our little one the documents. Thailand is much easy way to get that than my own country and bit cheaper. If I give birth here in philippines it's take 6 months for registering the new born birth certificate plus the passport 7 or 5 weeks. It's ashame to say this but that's the truth my government working too slowly and takes a lot of time,. 

On 10/4/2018 at 10:14 AM, ubonjoe said:

The embassy website I posted a link to earlier states 6 weeks plus the time for the birth registration.

If you need to leave urgently you could get them a travel document that would allow them to travel to the Philippines.

Thank you ???? I've seen it now and I understand all of it I'm so thankful to you help me a lot ????