Interpol seeks more information on Yingluck

snoop1130

Interpol seeks more information on Yingluck

By Suriya Patatayo 
The Nation 

a6084b3a4e2faa8c380900ec47eb9cfd.jpeg

Interpol has contacted the Royal Thai Police asking for additional information concerning former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra’s flight to accompany their consideration on whether to issue a “blue notice” to help find her, said Pol Colonel Krisana Pattanacharoen, deputy Thai Police spokesman.

Krisana said the international police agency did not say whether or when it would issue the notice as requested by Thai authorities, adding that the information shared with Interpol cannot be revealed.

“What we can do at best is wait, but wait with hopes,” said Krisana.

An Interpol blue notice calls for a joint effort by international authorities to collect additional information about a person’s identity, location or activities in relation to a crime.

The police spokesman insisted that the police have not been dragging their feet on the case, but have been pursuing every means of finding Yingluck, whose exact whereabouts remain unknown. Once a blue notice is issued against her, Thai police will then be able to ask for a red notice, which is effectively an international arrest warrant, he said.

It has been established that Yingluck fled the country shortly before the court was due to read a verdict against her in a dereliction case over her government’s rice-pledging scheme.

She left via the eastern land border before August 25, and then went to Dubai and the United Kingdom. On September 27, she was sentenced in absentia to five years in jail without suspension.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30329066

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-11

Amazing but then again if a Boeing drops out of the air without trace what chance has the world got of finding 1 person

Can't anyone be found ? 

I bet if I/we did something unlawful / convicted they'd soon find us 

Seems to be a case of no one is getting the story straight

Interpol: Could you provide the date of her departure from your Immigration data base 

Pol: We're still investigating that as we are not sure of the exact moment, therefore not really knowing what passport                 she left on

Int: So until you can provide the basics we will file it in the rainbow file 

54 minutes ago, wakeupplease said:

More info required

Yes right as the first request did not mention political persecution so just checking that the lies that where contained in the first request are just bullS>it again.

Political persecution, my &ss! Another person who has been duped by the sociopathic family.

25 minutes ago, ianf said:

Political persecution, my &ss! Another person who has been duped by the sociopathic family.

Thanks for letting me know I was duped, but alas I can read all the facts I want when I research and follow the lies from the 40's right up todate, so can the rest of the world as those stories are not blocked by suppression to us. 20 coups and not a lie insight you imply. Buy a VPN mate and educate yourself, or be DUPED into a way of life that is primitive.

With all the mayhem in the world, it is doubtful, Interpol or any other agency is going to spend much time on this.  They may think the ease of her escape was a political convenience and therefor not worth much effort. 

3 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

She left via the eastern land border before August 25

That is the rumor anyway.  The car that allegedly took her has no trace of her. 

32 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

With all the mayhem in the world, it is doubtful, Interpol or any other agency is going to spend much time on this.  They may think the ease of her escape was a political convenience and therefor not worth much effort. 

That is the rumor anyway.  The car that allegedly took her has no trace of her. 

Interpol constitution , Art 3 ensures the organisation neutrality is not compromised .

Activities of a political, military ,racial , and religous nature are prohibited .

20 minutes ago, rockingrobin said:

Interpol constitution , Art 3 ensures the organisation neutrality is not compromised .

Activities of a political, military ,racial , and religous nature are prohibited .

I believe that Interpol red notices were issued against Benazir Bhutto and her husband in 2006, despite lots of political intrigue in that case. Foolishly, she returned to Pakistan where she was assassinated.

Interpol does not have a spotless reputation when it comes to their political impartiality. A quick google search will reveal some dodgey decisions.

Even if a red notice is issued, it is not an arrest warrant. Ultimately, it is up to the country where the "fugutive" is found to decide whether or not to make an arrest.

11 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Thanks for letting me know I was duped, but alas I can read all the facts I want when I research and follow the lies from the 40's right up todate, so can the rest of the world as those stories are not blocked by suppression to us. 20 coups and not a lie insight you imply. Buy a VPN mate and educate yourself, or be DUPED into a way of life that is primitive.

You believe in fairy tales?

2 hours ago, coconuthead said:

let's see if the UK gov will shelter criminals from interpol

There are a number of examples where the UK have provided refugee status to individuals with active Red Notice's. Some of these individuals have been arrested whilst in other countries, but then later released .

The government here doesn't seem to have any idea of the working of Interpol.  Interpol has a constitution and article 3 is an area that should be addressed in Yingluk's case.

There is no such thing as an 'International Arrest Warrant'.

7 hours ago, coconuthead said:

let's see if the UK gov will shelter criminals from interpol

I don't know whether she is in the UK or not.

However for most Western European countries, as regards extradition, it is critical that the crime the person is accused of committing is also a crime in the country from which extradition is sought.The problem for the Junta is that in the eyes of the civilized world Yingluck has not committed a crime at all.No doubt the frighteningly intelligent and expensive British lawyers she will be hiring will present evidence on the independence of the Thai judicial system and its likely subservience to Yingluck's enemies, or not as the case may be.One cannot help thinking that it will hardly be a superhuman task for these legal eagles to prove conclusively she is the subject of a vindictive politicised witch hunt.

Interpol's role is really just that of a conduit.It will do what it is told by key countries.Its role being highlighted in Thailand is really just theater as has been conclusively demonstrated elsewhere on this forum.

Since the UK is the probable country of Yingluck's current residence, attention should be drawn to a very recent article on Thailand in the Financial Times by Michael Peel, recently departed from Bangkok after some years as the FT correspondent.It cannot be referenced here.The Financial Times is probably the most influential paper in the UK read by politicians, senior bureaucrats, judges and so forth.These opinion makers will be reminded of the current monstrous reality in Thailand, and no doubt will bear the facts in mind if called to opine.

I don't think there was ever any doubt that Yingluck would be safe from the Junta's clutches.But as far as the UK is concerned the FT article is hardly helpful to the Junta's cause and is correspondingly helpful to Yingluck.

21 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

So being such a well read and intelligent fellow, can you explain for all our benefit, why the former disgraced PM, Yinguck, failed to cancel the fraudulent G2G deals after sacking the then commerce minister and now prison inmate?

And also explain how appointing yourself to chair the meetings of your governments prestigious rice policy and then not bothering to attend any meetings isn't negligent.

We await your enlightenment.

4 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

So being such a well read and intelligent fellow, can you explain for all our benefit, why the former disgraced PM, Yinguck, failed to cancel the fraudulent G2G deals after sacking the then commerce minister and now prison inmate?

And also explain how appointing yourself to chair the meetings of your governments prestigious rice policy and then not bothering to attend any meetings isn't negligent.

We await your enlightenment.

Give it a rest.We have heard this tired old nonsense from you umpteen times before.It's off topic and irrelevant.Incidentally I can think of many Thai politicians past and present who rational people would regard as "disgraced" and Yingluck is certainly not one of them.When there is a politicised witch hunt it is the pursuers who are disgraced not the pursued.

Just now, jayboy said:

Give it a rest.We have heard this tired old nonsense from you umpteen times before.It's off topic and irrelevant.Incidentally I can think of many Thai politicians past and present who rational people would regard as "disgraced" and Yingluck is certainly not one of them.When there is a politicised witch hunt it is the pursuers who are disgraced not the pursued.

Who are you to tell me or any other poster what to do? Get of the high horse you've been pretending to sit on for so long.

Yingluck was removed from office by a court. But of course, as a Shin lover you don't consider that a disgrace.

And this topic is very much about Yingluck, 

But of course, like most Shin lovers, you don't like the actual facts of the case. So easier to divert, pretend it's all persecution, pretend she's totally innocent. The same old crap propaganda BS you always spout to defend the Shins. 

Or are you too worried what the answer might be?