Current visa exempt period on land borders

I remember that most non EU countries that were eligible for visa exempt entry only got 15 days at a land border (30 days by air). 

Also that this changed last year to a 30 day entry at both land and air borders.

My question is has that changed back so what is the current rule (October 2017) 15 days or 30 days for the 55 eligible countries.

AFIK I understand  that Korea, Brazil, Peru, Argentina and Chile get 90 days land and air

4 minutes ago, Mattd said:

As of January 1st this year, citizens from eligible countries get 30 days at a land border, but are allowed to do only 2 land border entries per calendar year.

That is what I thought, I was asking as an Australian I know said he only got 15 days so I advised him to go to an immigration office to get it corrected. I just wanted to be sure of my advice.

I was led to understand that citizens of countries eligible for 90 day visa waivers such as Brazil and South Korea have not been allowed to enter Thailand by land since 2014. This information has been confirmed by several visa run services. Is this still the case? One doesn't hear much about these people since they are so rare (at least on Thai visa).

3 minutes ago, jimster said:

I was led to understand that citizens of countries eligible for 90 day visa waivers such as Brazil and South Korea have not been allowed to enter Thailand by land since 2014. This information has been confirmed by several visa run services. Is this still the case? One doesn't hear much about these people since they are so rare (at least on Thai visa).

As far as I know there is no written rule that says they can only do their entries by air. Also as far as I know the only crossing not allowing them are some crossings at the Cambodian border.

I see. Perhaps these are the crossings used by visa run services. I do know that as of last year at least, a South Korean friend of a friend was staying in Thailand on 90 day waivers and was not allowed to travel back to Thailand overland via either Myanmar (Mae Sai-Tachilek) or Laos (Chiang Khong-Huay Xai) so he went to Hong Kong for a few days and came back to Thailand by air. Not sure how long he ended up spending in Thailand in total I think 6-9 months and had no problems - he never entered by land though. I understand he now lives in Hong Kong.