Recommendations for thanksgiving catering?

seesip

10 hours ago, passingas said:

Chiangmai Smoke House claims on their brochure....catering10 to 1000 people. However,  I personally have never had anything they've ever done, but would sure like to try some. Check them out. pg

CMSH catered my T-Day last year and it was delish.

Mine wasn’t a huge group but I’ve been to catered events by them with 200 ppl and the quality control was the same.

Look em’ up on FB and send a pm, they always promptly reply.

Alternatively...

In 1637 near present day  Groton, Connecticut, over 700 men, women and children of the Pequot Tribe had gathered for their annual Green Corn Festival which is our Thanksgiving celebration. In the predawn hours the sleeping Indians were surrounded by English and Dutch mercenaries who ordered them to come outside.  Those who came out were shot or clubbed to death while the terrified women and children who huddled inside the longhouse were burned alive. The next day the governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony declared "A Day Of Thanksgiving" because 700 unarmed men, women and children had been murdered.

18 hours ago, sharktooth said:

Alternatively...

In 1637 near present day  Groton, Connecticut, over 700 men, women and children of the Pequot Tribe had gathered for their annual Green Corn Festival which is our Thanksgiving celebration. In the predawn hours the sleeping Indians were surrounded by English and Dutch mercenaries who ordered them to come outside.  Those who came out were shot or clubbed to death while the terrified women and children who huddled inside the longhouse were burned alive. The next day the governor of the Massachusetts Bay Colony declared "A Day Of Thanksgiving" because 700 unarmed men, women and children had been murdered.

Whatever really happened, your  post is horrible if true, do you think we are celebrating anything to do with history by sharing a turkey with our friends and family on the last Thursday in November here?

It’s about the tradition of having this holiday like we always have and feeling that connect with our homeland and our lives there.

6 minutes ago, junglechef said:

Whatever really happened, your  post is horrible if true, do you think we are celebrating anything to do with history by sharing a turkey with our friends and family on the last Thursday in November here?

It’s about the tradition of having this holiday like we always have and feeling that connect with our homeland and our lives there.

Its true.

Manataka American Indian Council

img941.gif

THE 

REAL  

STORY OF THANKSGIVING

by Susan Bates

http://www.manataka.org/page269.html

Save June 25th for celebrations of annihilations of genocidal things that make some Americans (myself included) ashamed to be collectively called...an American. I personally celebrate that occasion. That was the date of the good riddance of one Gen. George Armstrong Custer (Americas own Attila the Hun and worse). Lets keep Thanksgiving for giving thanks that scum bags like him were indeed annihilated. I realize they did leave that account of what really went down at Plymouth out of the history books (written by the victors of course, as all history is). But don't be a Hillary and politicize a national holiday....just saying. Having said that, I couldn't agree with you more, but....again...just saying. pg