Luggage Repair in Pattaya?

ehs818

I recently returned from a trip abroad and the handle on my large rolling suitcase broke off. I need a new handle installed so that the luggage handlers will have something to grab onto when I check in my suitcase. Does anyone know of a shop in Pattaya that can do this type of repair?

Edited by ehs818

I used a shop nearly at the end of Third Road about 200 meters before Pattaya Nua on the left going north.

They sell bags and discounted golf stuff with a big Sale sign (70% I think) on the front. I was able to get a couple of suitcases repaired there over a year ago as I think they took to a factory. Both were for new handles.

Thanks, I'll give this shop a try. Do you remember about how much it cost? Was it in the 200-400 baht range, or over 1000? New suitcases of this size are probably under 2500 baht, so I'd take that into consideration.....Again thanks!

maybe that shop on 3rd road is the Pattaya branch of this Co here ?

http://www.bagfix.com/

I have used them in the past many years ago, but as I lived quite close to their BKK HQ, I usually went there in person (to Pattanakarn road). The owner seemed to be a Thai-Indian who spoke English well.

As far as I know, if you visit any of their other outlets, they will usually send the item to their BKK place and repair it there. Their services are not exactly cheap but the quality was alright, so always consider if it is worth repairing an old bag or case, or rather buy a new one.

7 hours ago, ehs818 said:

Thanks, I'll give this shop a try. Do you remember about how much it cost? Was it in the 200-400 baht range, or over 1000? New suitcases of this size are probably under 2500 baht, so I'd take that into consideration.....Again thanks!

Just checked and was April last year, 450 baht both bags.

5 hours ago, siam2007 said:

maybe that shop on 3rd road is the Pattaya branch of this Co here ?

If it is they do not advertise that they fix but they could have some link.

I've repaired several of my own suitcase handles in the past. Often it's only the handle has pulled out of the aluminium rivet that's holding it on.

Unzip the inside lining of your case, and remove the crappy aluminium rivet. Replace it with a short steel bolt and washers. Works great, and will be strong as.

If the handle itself has torn in half, any leather strap, like a trouser belt, makes a beaut replacement.

The extendable handles are also really simple to replace yourself, if you can source the right replacement. Once you've unzipped the inside suitcase lining, all is revealed and easy job. Just a couple of small screws and bolts.

Thanks to all that replied. I went there yesterday and was told they don't do that anymore. Looks like I'll have to attempt to cannibalize an older or smaller suitcase to take the handle and install it myself (if possible)!

5 hours ago, ehs818 said:

Thanks to all that replied. I went there yesterday and was told they don't do that anymore. Looks like I'll have to attempt to cannibalize an older or smaller suitcase to take the handle and install it myself (if possible)!

Thanks for letting us know.