Aussie guy / Thai girl divorce who is owed a considerable amount of money.

Artisi

Thaibeachlovers. He cannot lodge for a divorce on the grounds of abandonment because she did not abandon him, he left the country and he abandoned her so she can lodge the application for the divorce on those grounds which must go before the Thai courts, and he does not have to appear and he still will not have to pay any money. Offer him a consensual divorce, get him back into Thailand then there is a chance of making him responsible for his debts, you don't get him back into Thailand then he walks away from those debts and then must wait for a divorce

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 16/10/2017 at 7:39 AM, happylarry said:

There’s no real way to recover the debt if he is in OZ. The only thing she can do is refuse to divorce him thereby forcing him to pay or no divorce. It all depends on how desperate he is to get married again I guess.

If he's already a low life to let this lady with he's bills. TV is full of people complaining that the Thai women ripped them off !

Here we have a nice lady that pays the hospital bill in order to let her husband get out. and this A.hole leaves her with he's problems....a real low life.

Edited by off road pat

46 minutes ago, Artisi said:

For those with a little empathy and meaningfull comments - thanks. 

To the others,  why waste your time. 

Because it gives them something to do while they are wallowing in their self pity looking at the bank balance they once had. 

Bankruptcy in Thailand is not like in the west. Unless one owes a real fortune (over a million baht) the creditor has to initiate bankruptcy proceedings. If bankruptcy is approved in court the creditor can still attach pay of debtor going forward. I looked into bankruptcy for a Thai friend and found that this was not a good option. If the wife could negotiate down the hospital bill and get someone to lend her the money that might be a good option assuming that public shaming etc. does not produce results in Australia.

5 hours ago, Artisi said:

She has limited assets, 2 children from an earlier marriage and runs a small shop that barely supports her and the kids on a daily basis. She is unaware of what he has in Aust. it was never divulged (I would think purposely)  other than a pension. 

My suggestion  at this stage is to seek legal advice. 

So she has two children and will not go to work.
She prefers to lose money in her shitty business
and find one by one farang to pay for all this mess .
Talented entrepreneur she is ... but only in selling a holes.

The outstanding amount she is stuck with is B100 000 plus - he did cough up with an initial payment but leaving her to sign-off for the outstanding balance. 
Have already advised her, he pays the balance plus some extra or no divorce or see her in court in Thailand. 

Maybe if she has his name and home address she can issue for failure to pay a medical bill or better still the hospital should bill him direct as this is clearly a con on a innocent Thai who clearly didn’t have any medical work personally... I guess the Hospital would of obtained a copy of his passport..

As he was married to her maybe their is more to this story, as I didn’t read anywhere what medical work he actually had done..

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

What type of woman would go into debt to pay her husbands hospital bill because he has not got the money to pay it?

marquis12, who is the scumbag?  You for branding this woman like this or the scumbag that pissed off on her, or maybe you both fit the bill

What type of woman would go into debt to pay her husbands hospital bill because he has not got the money to pay it?
marquis12, who is the scumbag?  You for branding this woman like this or the scumbag that pissed off on her, or maybe you both fit the bill

A decent one. His loss. Hopefully in more ways then one. Karma has a way......

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

9 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

I never escaped leaving someone with my debts.
But I understand that many Thai women deserve it.

Not that I am challenging the story, but I find it rather hard to believe....usually it's the farang men who get ripped of and rarely a Thai lady....

..seems more of an opener for some Aussie bashing ?...or for some Thai sympathy capitalizing ?

Edited by observer90210

Then why brand this woman the way that you have branded her?

I brand you and everyone like you as scumbags

Anyone who can read and have read this thread and called this woman everything that she does not deserve in my opinion is nothing but wasted space in Thailand or anywhere else.

This woman is a decent woman who tried to help her scumbag husband and then people like you pass undeserved judgement on her.

I think that if you were a man then you would feel ashamed of yourself for making the statements that you made.
To me you owe this woman an appology for branding her the way you have.

observer90210

Not all Thai women are hookers that are only interested in ripping farangs off and not all farangs are angels either.

I am married to a very beautiful Thai lady that is not trying to rip me off and we have a very happy marriage.

As for the Aussie bashing then I would have at a guess that you might be an Australian, well so am I and I believe this scumbag should be bashed

19 minutes ago, Russell17au said:

Then why brand this woman the way that you have branded her?

I brand you and everyone like you as scumbags

Anyone who can read and have read this thread and called this woman everything that she does not deserve in my opinion is nothing but wasted space in Thailand or anywhere else.

This woman is a decent woman who tried to help her scumbag husband and then people like you pass undeserved judgement on her.

I think that if you were a man then you would feel ashamed of yourself for making the statements that you made.
To me you owe this woman an appology for branding her the way you have.

Yes very decent..One farang cheated her
and the second one asks the forum how to help her.
The children probably have a Thai father... one or two?

Mr Artisi does not understand that if he wants a boom boom it's his debt now.

1 hour ago, marqus12 said:

So she has two children and will not go to work.
She prefers to lose money in her shitty business
and find one by one farang to pay for all this mess .
Talented entrepreneur she is ... but only in selling a holes.

If it wasn't for this site being monitored, I'm sure you would receive a few well deserved responses  for such a stupid, childish, and twisted comment. The first one would probably sound like the  hardware that attaches to a rope and used to hold a boat in position against the wind or tide. 

But that's OK,  we make allowances for the mentally challenged 

On 10/16/2017 at 12:39 PM, happylarry said:

There’s no real way to recover the debt if he is in OZ. The only thing she can do is refuse to divorce him thereby forcing him to pay or no divorce. It all depends on how desperate he is to get married again I guess.

Could she refuse and in meantime seek a divorce in Thailand and seek financial relief? If he comes back for poon run, they can nab his butt

Edited by FatVern

15 minutes ago, marqus12 said:

Yes very decent..One farang cheated her
and the second one asks the forum how to help her.
The children probably have a Thai father... one or two?

Mr Artisi does not understand that if he wants a boom boom it's his debt now.

You really do need some help, should we start a thread to assist you - bet there would be a few well deserved comments for you to consider. 

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

If it wasn't for this site being monitored, I'm sure you would receive a few well deserved responses  for such a stupid, childish, and twisted comment. The first one would probably sound like the  hardware that attaches to a rope and used to hold a boat in position against the wind or tide. 

But that's OK,  we make allowances for the mentally challenged 

And what type of "gardening tool" you have in the trunk ???

5 hours ago, Russell17au said:

observer90210

Not all Thai women are hookers that are only interested in ripping farangs off and not all farangs are angels either.

I am married to a very beautiful Thai lady that is not trying to rip me off and we have a very happy marriage.

As for the Aussie bashing then I would have at a guess that you might be an Australian, well so am I and I believe this scumbag should be bashed

You're an ex-policeman, and you believe the scumbag should be bashed? Not going to help the Thai woman, is it?

Much more effective to be extracting what he owes from his wallet, legally.

Yes, I'm Australian too. And not happy about Australian pond life that gives us a bad reputation here.

Edited by bazza73
Addition

13 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Oh dear, another poster that has a comprehension problem when trying to besmirch me.

Where in "While I feel sorry for your friend, she is only suffering what thousands of her countrywomen have done to thousands of western men, including myself" am I saying she "deserved" it?

If you are going to make personal attacks on another poster, it behooves you to be correct in your accusation.

You are the one who claimed to be the victim and said, " . . . she is only suffering what thousands of her countrywomen have done to thousands of western men, including myself"

I made no personal attack. I did ask, " She deserves it because some woman took you, eh?" Reread my post. I made a general statement about the Thai women who take advantage of Western men--the poor little babies--were, in great part in buyer-supplier relationships with those men.  So many farangs fall in love with a retail product and claim foul, shame on them.

6 hours ago, smotherb said:

You are the one who claimed to be the victim and said, " . . . she is only suffering what thousands of her countrywomen have done to thousands of western men, including myself"

I made no personal attack. I did ask, " She deserves it because some woman took you, eh?" Reread my post. I made a general statement about the Thai women who take advantage of Western men--the poor little babies--were, in great part in buyer-supplier relationships with those men.  So many farangs fall in love with a retail product and claim foul, shame on them.

Maybe you should write a book/blog about why you are so succesfull in dealing with all, yes all, your exes.

Title; The secret of my success  !

20 hours ago, Russell17au said:

Thaibeachlovers. He cannot lodge for a divorce on the grounds of abandonment because she did not abandon him, he left the country and he abandoned her so she can lodge the application for the divorce on those grounds which must go before the Thai courts, and he does not have to appear and he still will not have to pay any money. Offer him a consensual divorce, get him back into Thailand then there is a chance of making him responsible for his debts, you don't get him back into Thailand then he walks away from those debts and then must wait for a divorce

Maybe I used the wrong terminology, but I do think that if they have been apart for 2 or 3 years he can get a court ordered divorce. In my country it's called separation, but don't know what they call it in LOS.

3 hours ago, Been there done that said:

Maybe you should write a book/blog about why you are so succesfull in dealing with all, yes all, your exes.

Title; The secret of my success  !

No, I am counting on the lectures I provide you lot on TV to help you; but, alas, I think it may be a lost cause.

20 hours ago, flyingfox1 said:

Maybe if she has his name and home address she can issue for failure to pay a medical bill or better still the hospital should bill him direct as this is clearly a con on a innocent Thai who clearly didn’t have any medical work personally... I guess the Hospital would of obtained a copy of his passport..

As he was married to her maybe their is more to this story, as I didn’t read anywhere what medical work he actually had done..

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

She GUARANTEED the bill. Why would the hospital spend thousands on legal proceedings in Australia against a man that apparently can't pay when they can try and get it from her? Perhaps she has land.

I doubt a business cares about a poor Thai woman when they want money.

2 minutes ago, smotherb said:

No, I am counting on the lectures I provide you lot on TV to help you; but, alas, I think it may be a lost cause.

Don't let the trog's get under your skin, but treat them as they should be treated - ignored.