Aussie guy / Thai girl divorce who is owed a considerable amount of money.

Artisi

41 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Don't let the trog's get under your skin, but treat them as they should be treated - ignored. 

I don't, I like the debate. Trouble is, too many simply cannot handle it and get upset; poor little babies.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/17/2017 at 10:42 AM, MaeJoMTB said:

I find it best to mind my own business in disputes between a husband and wife.

When a guy helps another man's wife, it  always looks like he's after a  'helping' himself.

What about the people on TV trying to help this guy , do you think that they all want to have sex with him ?

16 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What about the people on TV trying to help this guy , do you think that they all want to have sex with him ?

No, I think they're 'virtue signalling', it's a fairly common response from white beta males. 

$3,000 is such a small amount, if they were really bothered, they'd just give it to her.

Did the OP even see the 'alleged' hospital bill?

Variation on the 'sick buffalo', 'sick  mother' con is just as likely.

These girls are masters at extracting money from gullible foreigners.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

2 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

No, I think they're 'virtue signalling', it's a fairly common response from white beta males. 

No need to bring race into it .

Most people are willing to help each other , just being a helpful person .

Not everything revolves around sex .

You need to get your head out the gutter

38 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Best to ignore the idiots, just let them get their jollies in any fashion that's fulfils their fantasy. 

1 hour ago, Been there done that said:

Do not judge others based upon how you see yourself.

You are asking me not to have an opinion and express it.  I hear and see the tales of woe from so many farangs; I hear how the loves of their lives have treated them wrong, took all their money and/or ran off with another man; how they can't function without alcohol or drugs to dull the pain of their sadness; how they have this one-sided negativity on any culture/behavior different from theirs; how they have to try to get by on as little as possible because they made poor decisions, or things were always stacked against them.  However, I see others, maybe not as many, but others; who have managed to find a loving relationship, or at least have not been ripped-off and/or cuckolded by a lover; who possess sufficient funds to live well, even if they may not have been well-educated or earned big money.  Yet, I see no silver spoon or four-leaf clover attached to or embedded in this second group, and wonder what they did differently for their lives to have turned-out so much better.   

20 hours ago, smotherb said:

You are asking me not to have an opinion and express it.  I hear and see the tales of woe from so many farangs; I hear how the loves of their lives have treated them wrong, took all their money and/or ran off with another man; how they can't function without alcohol or drugs to dull the pain of their sadness; how they have this one-sided negativity on any culture/behavior different from theirs; how they have to try to get by on as little as possible because they made poor decisions, or things were always stacked against them.  However, I see others, maybe not as many, but others; who have managed to find a loving relationship, or at least have not been ripped-off and/or cuckolded by a lover; who possess sufficient funds to live well, even if they may not have been well-educated or earned big money.  Yet, I see no silver spoon or four-leaf clover attached to or embedded in this second group, and wonder what they did differently for their lives to have turned-out so much better.   

Marriage and by definition love/ liking is no more than a gamble. In the west it is only 50% likely that one will not end up divorced.

Even the most perfect partner in life can change, and become something else. A while back, it seemed like every middle aged western woman, after the children left, was leaving their husband to "find themselves"

Even without children, Julia Roberts character in Eat Pray Love epitomised the type that I reference.

There is nothing that a mere male can do to avoid such. Indeed, a marriage is only good as long as it is.

20 hours ago, smotherb said:

However, I see others, maybe not as many, but others; who have managed to find a loving relationship, or at least have not been ripped-off and/or cuckolded by a lover; who possess sufficient funds to live well, even if they may not have been well-educated or earned big money.  Yet, I see no silver spoon or four-leaf clover attached to or embedded in this second group, and wonder what they did differently for their lives to have turned-out so much better.   

..............Its only a matter of time

4 hours ago, sanemax said:

..............Its only a matter of time

Well, it's been almost 40 years for me and I know several others--one just celebrated 58 years, another 28 years, still another 25 years; and these were Thai, Filipino and Vietnamese wives. Was best man at a wedding in Bangkok in 1986; they are still together. So, yes, maybe it is only a matter of time for many. As I said, I know those who have faired well, but I know many more who have not. 

17 hours ago, smotherb said:

Well, it's been almost 40 years for me and I know several others--one just celebrated 58 years, another 28 years, still another 25 years; and these were Thai, Filipino and Vietnamese wives. Was best man at a wedding in Bangkok in 1986; they are still together. So, yes, maybe it is only a matter of time for many. As I said, I know those who have faired well, but I know many more who have not. 

Number of years is irrelevant. I had a very good friend for 30 years, but he changed and we are no longer communicating.

A lot of couples stay together because it's too much trouble splitting up, but they don't love each other any more. That situation only lasts till one gets a better offer  or has just had enough.

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Number of years is irrelevant. I had a very good friend for 30 years, but he changed and we are no longer communicating.

A lot of couples stay together because it's too much trouble splitting up, but they don't love each other any more. That situation only lasts till one gets a better offer  or has just had enough.

My examples were those years of good relationships; so I agree it is not just the amount of time spent together, it is the quality of time. I know a couple who has been married over 20 years and they seem to try to make each other's lives miserable; in another the husband is the continual cuckold, his wife has had several boyfriends, spending his money on them and blatantly showing her lovers off in front of him. As I said, there are many examples of woe, and maybe many more of dumb farangs.

Well guys you can comment on relationships between Farang and Thai, quoting examples from experience, but getting back to the thread topic I doubt many relationships survive the farang running up a hospital bill and pissing off home!!.........for example :smile: 

On 17/10/2017 at 9:41 AM, Artisi said:

The outstanding amount she is stuck with is B100 000 plus - he did cough up with an initial payment but leaving her to sign-off for the outstanding balance. 

Have already advised her, he pays the balance plus some extra or no divorce or see her in court in Thailand. 

Artisi: Good of you to keep your temper with some of the westerners posting here. The Thai proverb - People who don't know speak easily comes to mind :)

How to help: Well, there are a few legal twists that the rich-in-heart Thai wife can use. I am assuming that the Western man wants a divorce and that the Thai wife can wait almost indefinitely and that she has no "hard" assets (land, condo, car etc. in her name)   

The western man must use one of the sub-sections of paragraph 1516 as grounds for the divorce, his problem is that there are several points that the wife can use but read it carefully and you'll see that there are actually no clear points that support him. Thai Family courts do not try to keep marriages intact so they will still allow divorce but

- He cannot legally get a divorce within 3 years if the wife refuses. Only the latter.. = only she = the deserted party can file for divorce based on desertion  - 1516(4)

- When he files for divorce: She must come to the pre-meeting, hand over copies of hospital documentation -> she was a good wife and signed -> they demand that she pays, she must state that she told him she is in excessive trouble because he failed to give proper maintenance and support and he deliberately ignored it. SHE is, not her children, they are from another father and irrelevant (1524)

- She can easily delay the procedure after the pre-meeting totally 6 months

- There is a paragraph that support compensation for her. Actually the paragraph states that she should institute the divorce but it should be enough that she tried but couldn't afford it (1524)

- Mutual consent divorces are considered from the date of registration, court orders from the date of order (1532)

- Every central Juvenile court has a department called Nittigaan where people can go to get free legal support. I suggest that she reads paragraphs 1516 to 1518, 1523 - 1526, 1528 - 1535 and then go to Nittigaan with a set of questions, and contact lawyer first after that, easier to understand each other

The Thai legal system doesn't really facilitate high compensation claims but fair ones relating to real events like husband abandon and wife ends up in excessive trouble and seeks compensation equal to the maintenance for the period he abandoned her are possible. 4 to 8 thousand per month sounds reasonable. Fair is important so he will definitely also have to pay the hospital bill. 

Delays are nearly always more advantages to one party more than another. It sounds like the wife would benefit from telling the husband that he will have to pay X,000 baht per month maintenance for the period he abandoned her until the divorce is final and it will continue to increase every month until he agrees if he ever wants a divorce.

The laws regarding retrieving debts work fine in Thailand but they have the same problem here as everybody else: nothing to retrieve with zero assets and zero registered income. Don't worry about that

Michael

Edited by MikeyIdea

On 10/17/2017 at 10:15 AM, smotherb said:

Really? She deserves it because some woman took you, eh?  Most of the Western men taken by Thai women were in a buyer-supplier financial relationship with the women. Being taken financially in a financial relationship, should not be a great surprise. Similarly, if that man was being paid for his services by the woman, then there may be some credible argument to her paying for his hospitalization and him refusing to repay her.

I wanted to respond likewise but couldn't find the right phrasing. You summed up my thoughts perfectly. Well said!

Edited by duanebigsby
spelling