52 arrested in crackdown as police focus on black migrants and tourists in Bangkok

webfact

5 minutes ago, MUSICMAN16 said:

send the nigerians back to africa

they are criminals and fraudsters

parasites they ruin everything they come into close contact with

send the tanzxanians back to africa 2!!!!!!!

i'm black myself so its not racist

its true

they just in thailand to steal and defraud???!!!

But if I said it (being white) then would it be racist ?

1 hour ago, LannaGuy said:

It's obvious if most crime is undertaking by any specific group then they should be targeted more but you can't do that these days in US.  The PC/CNN screaming crowd will crucify you as non-PC and a member of the KKK etc.

Funny how some posters will scream PC and nanny state when the poster above has on many occasions called Thais "xenophobic" for such banal things as dual pricing in national parks.

Targeting minorities is perfectly fine.... until your precious pension drops below certain level on the currency exchange or a Thai government comes up with some new rules for retirees..... then you suddenly don't like being "targeted"

I agree there are a lot of Africans doing shady things here, but so are there a lot of foreigners. How many are breaking the law by simply working without a work permit?

Just exposing another hypocritical post.

You can thank me later.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

i find it amusing that people are taking umbrage to this article, especially given this has been a long established problem on sukhumvit and most topics usually derided the thai police for not taking action for so visible an issue.

seems the cops cant win. 

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

One of those arrested was charged with deceiving Thai women in a romance scam:cheesy:

Surely that is a joke? deceiving in a romance scam, not only done by Thai women, but also to them, priceless.

I’m afraid it’s only the totally stupid punters who fall for the scams who are at fault. 

Personally I think caveat emptor. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, scotchonrocks said:

For once racial profiling focuses on a particular colour of Farang. Well at least it means less watchful eyes on the traditional colour! And of course it's always the poor Thai being exploited and never a Thai woman taking anything!

black.white.yellow.WE ARE ALL THE SAME? Your not racist are you?

49 minutes ago, simple1 said:

Total BS, easily proven to be a lie by HMG published statistics e.g.

"Prison & general population by ethnicity, December 2016 Compared to the population as a whole, the non-white population is over represented accounting for 12% of the general population and 25% of the prison population at December 2016"

And you have been IN a British prison & seen for yourself? I call bullshit, because I have!!!!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Jip66 said:

And you have been IN a British prison & seen for yourself? I call bullshit, because I have!!!!

Addressed to "Simple 1"

If the prison population is as what your saying is more represented by coloured people . Well have you ever thought the reason could be the white poms do not give them a basic job to make a basic living so have no alternative to feed their family but to commit a crime. I would commit a crime to feed my family if I was in their situation and I'm white Falang. What would you do? Let your kids starve?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Juan B Tong said:

Just saying now..

Living in a country where racial profiling is OK is kinda OK.

Its ok until your nationality gets targeted. Then you would be on TV texting your fingers raw saying how unjust it all is...just saying.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

One of those arrested was charged with deceiving Thai women in a romance scam:cheesy:

Surely that is a joke? deceiving in a romance scam, not only done by Thai women, but also to them, priceless.

I am not the least bit amused by any of this. Do you think it's so funny that the woman should be cheated? .. whatever the circumstances? You are here to keep some sort of score, just for fun?

Get a life ..

59e47b3834b14_ScreenShot2017-10-16at16_25_23.png.45fe6a67c792e6a2806f0dd2f8ed6492.png 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ketyo said:

It’s about time the authorities started to act against the gangs of Africans that have started to take over lower Sukhumvit road in the last couple of years.

Walking between sois 15 and 5 after dark you’ll get asked aggressively a dozen times by these low life criminals whether you want anything from them.

Anyone who cries racial profiling is either ignorant, not been to lower Suk recently or is an African street hustler.

What do you mean they've started ? The black street close to Nana Plaza have been very active for at least ten years. Around that area there are hundreds of west-africans selling all kind of drugs, mostly heroin, cocain and meth. It's so obvious what they are doing so I guess a lot of money goes to the police retirement fund. Also check out how many black girls are "waiting for the bus" all night in that area

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MUSICMAN16 said:

send the nigerians back to africa

they are criminals and fraudsters

parasites they ruin everything they come into close contact with

send the tanzxanians back to africa 2!!!!!!!

i'm black myself so its not racist

its true

they just in thailand to steal and defraud???!!!

While you are probably a good man, does it not disturb you that this crackdown includes yourself? Do you mind being pulled by the police and searched/questioned for no reason other than skin colour?

1 hour ago, wavemanwww said:

Addressed to "Simple 1"

If the prison population is as what your saying is more represented by coloured people . Well have you ever thought the reason could be the white poms do not give them a basic job to make a basic living so have no alternative to feed their family but to commit a crime. I would commit a crime to feed my family if I was in their situation and I'm white Falang. What would you do? Let your kids starve?

Not what I claim, but quoting the UK government statistics. On the other stuff, I have been poor and did not resort to crime and frankly not a requirement to do so to survive in a Western welfare society.

Regards the African nationals committing crime in Thailand, would assume they would have a history of criminality elsewhere.