Two Nigerian men arrested with fake passports in Nong Khai

webfact

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, halloween said:

How is a fake passport supposed to get you out of the country when there is no matching entry?

A passport is considered one of if not the highest level of identification, biometrics excluded.  It has many uses that would be beneficial to professional scam artists other then international travel.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:18 PM, Ochomo said:

"Police said the raids were carried out as part of crackdown on foreigners linked to crime in Thailand and who pose a security risk."

Africans are an easy, highly visible target. I refuse to accept the narrative that Africans are the ones most linked to crime in Thailand. They are just easier to target. They have less money,  mostly without consular representation, cannot afford lawyers, and honestly, nobody likes them so they can be targeted without cost.  Their prison population must be examined against this unfortunate background. I do not condone crime by any race but reading the news, I cannot help but suspect that these raids may have  more to do with race than eradication of crime. But again, I may be wrong.

They have a world wide history of being scammers, I have noticed over the last 10 years a huge increase in these people and most reeled in are up to no good ,including the colour blind BIB in Sukhomvit who ignore the lines of negroid working girls lined along the streets.

In most of these African countries gangs police the streets everywhere and charge tolls in their patches.

23 hours ago, IgboChief said:

Good Morning,

with 6+ intense years of experience in West-Africa, I would not like to agree on that.

Yes, of course they stick out -- as I stick out in Lagos and I stick out in SEA.

However, more relevant is their cultural habit, which is a rich mix of desperation, faith, entitlement and experience of living in a totally corrupted society (without any reliable signs of governance).

They love to bend rules, taking short cuts and hustle their way through -- very similar to the Thais by the way. Nevertheless I am proud to call some of them my very best friends.

Be proud of your criminal friends. And?

9 hours ago, ThaiWai said:

A passport is considered one of if not the highest level of identification, biometrics excluded.  It has many uses that would be beneficial to professional scam artists other then international travel.

ThaiWai, you haven't answered the question.

5 minutes ago, jgarbo said:

Obviously you've been away for awhile...

I have a relative in the UK who is a cop...So I do know a bit,  of course there isn't enough of them  but sure the streets of LOS would be cleared of obvious drug dealers if they had UK cops..

On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 8:49 AM, IgboChief said:

Good Morning,

with 6+ intense years of experience in West-Africa, I would not like to agree on that.

Yes, of course they stick out -- as I stick out in Lagos and I stick out in SEA.

However, more relevant is their cultural habit, which is a rich mix of desperation, faith, entitlement and experience of living in a totally corrupted society (without any reliable signs of governance).

They love to bend rules, taking short cuts and hustle their way through -- very similar to the Thais by the way. Nevertheless I am proud to call some of them my very best friends.

2 hours ago, jgarbo said:

Be proud of your criminal friends. And?

IgboChief may be one of them.

On 17/10/2017 at 4:18 PM, Ochomo said:

Africans are an easy, highly visible target. I refuse to accept the narrative that Africans are the ones most linked to crime in Thailand.

I hope your inference here is not slanted towards leniency when it comes to Africans or people of colour.  I have been following Thai News for years and have not heard of large numbers, 20 or more, people of Caucasian origin being rounded up and charged in one night.  Are you suggesting that two Africans just slipping across the Border with fake Passports should be overlooked?  Wouldn't it be better said that "the Thai Government has a right to Police it's Borders and Nation without criticism from the sidelines"?  We are all guests here and must comply with their laws and requirements no matter how unusual they may appear to you.  Colour and Race has nothing to do with it when it comes to who is breaking the law.   Doing the right thing means that you won't be arrested and charged, black, white or brindle, it makes no difference.

1 hour ago, Antioc said:

I hope your inference here is not slanted towards leniency when it comes to Africans or people of colour.  I have been following Thai News for years and have not heard of large numbers, 20 or more, people of Caucasian origin being rounded up and charged in one night.  Are you suggesting that two Africans just slipping across the Border with fake Passports should be overlooked?  Wouldn't it be better said that "the Thai Government has a right to Police it's Borders and Nation without criticism from the sidelines"?  We are all guests here and must comply with their laws and requirements no matter how unusual they may appear to you.  Colour and Race has nothing to do with it when it comes to who is breaking the law.   Doing the right thing means that you won't be arrested and charged, black, white or brindle, it makes no difference.

I totally agree.
Considering whenever anyone suggests anything towards blacks being depicted out of the Farang population then Generalists pull the race card. Its not exactly rocket science to figure out they're most likely up to no good from time to time. Hence, them being turned over. Can never work out either why they bring in drugs from their own countries with a huge chance of being caught when Asia is awash with illegal narcotics whilst using dodgy ID's.

Probably, went like this:
I handed my passport to the immigration officer, and he looked at it and looked at me and said, 'What are you?'

Each to their own I suppose ...........................:passifier:

Edited by ScotBkk