The Bull's Head - Soi 33/1

Cat House - Nana -

O'Reilly's Irish Bar - Silom

Down Under - Soi 7 - Sukhumvit

None of these are bad.

Angelwitch - Nana - pricey - but a good two hour show nightly -

Rooster Bar - B50 beers - Soi One beer Bar Plaza - Sukhumvit -

Edited by bulmercke

Heading to Bangkok in the Summer and spending a few nights in Bangkok. Was there last Summer and had a couple of visits to the Q bar, it was good. Does anyone know of any other "Top" rated bars in Bangkok like Q bar?

Never mind those noisy smokey hip hop joints, get yourself over to the "star of light" for a proper night out..

Down under has now moved to soi 23 oppersite english Fish and Chips shop and better for it good food girls leave you alone and have all the sports channels just ask them and it's tuned in for you.

3 floors and really clean toilets, serves real Ausy beer too.

Tell Tom (owner) Tim sent you :o

Edited by warriors

Heading to Bangkok in the Summer and spending a few nights in Bangkok. Was there last Summer and had a couple of visits to the Q bar, it was good. Does anyone know of any other "Top" rated bars in Bangkok like Q bar?

Went to Q Bar a couple of weeks ago after really looking forward to going, was quite disappointed, nice decor and good music but very small place and over crowded when busy.

Went around the back to The Ritz, nice place to share a few bottles of whiskey with friends, good music and friendly faces.

Edited by Seapok

Radio City - Patpong

Saxophone - Victory Monument

Cat House - Nana -

None of these are bad.

You serious? That's a very mixed bag. Saxaphone and the Bulls Head are decent enough, but the Cat House?! It's a good laugh and has a great happy hour, but one of Bangkok's top bars???!!! And O'Reillys is one of Bangkok's worst, for sure.

Radio City - Patpong

Saxophone - Victory Monument

Cat House - Nana -

None of these are bad.

You serious? That's a very mixed bag. Saxaphone and the Bulls Head are decent enough, but the Cat House?! It's a good laugh and has a great happy hour, but one of Bangkok's top bars???!!! And O'Reillys is one of Bangkok's worst, for sure.

Angle witch??? Oh my god.. I was in there a few weeks ago and it is by far the worst go go i have ever been in. Twice, the staff had taken a half full drink, only to try to sell me another two seconds later. I bought a girlie drink for one of the girls, who then came back only to drop off the check bin for her drink, set her drink on the table and then disappeared outside to talk on her mobile phone. Meanwhile, i finished my drink and when i paid the checkbin, her drink was still sitting there on the table full, never saw the girl again. The girls are old, wrinkled and rude. The mamasons are even ruder and there is very much a vibe of us against the falang, steal money. The show is lame, if you even call that a show, i thought of it more as stretch marks on display. :o

Rainbow 4 for the girls.

The big mango for food.

Nana disco if your really really drunk at 1AM.

Angel witch... Yuk.

Went around the back to The Ritz, nice place to share a few bottles of whiskey with friends, good music and friendly faces.

How is the Ritz? I've passed it a few times and it just looks like an expensive hostess bar. What are the prices like?

Angel Witch??? Oh my god.. I was in there a few weeks ago and it is by far the worst go go i have ever been in. Twice, the staff had taken a half full drink, only to try to sell me another two seconds later. I bought a girlie drink for one of the girls, who then came back only to drop off the check bin for her drink, set her drink on the table and then disappeared outside to talk on her mobile phone. Meanwhile, i finished my drink and when i paid the checkbin, her drink was still sitting there on the table full, never saw the girl again. The girls are old, wrinkled and rude. The mamasons are even ruder and there is very much a vibe of us against the falang, steal money. The show is lame, if you even call that a show, i thought of it more as stretch marks on display. :D

Angel Witch... Yuk.

Sounds like the Angel Witch in Pattaya.

I went there after it had just opened and they were VERY pushy about buying more drinks when I hadn't finished the one I had and generally rude. :o

Q Bar staff are some of the rudest employees in all of Thailand (and finding rude staff is no easy chore here)

I'd also go with Tenderloins if you don't mind the smoke. Hyatt Spasso bar on Sat night is a sight for sore eyes

Q Bar staff are some of the rudest employees in all of Thailand (and finding rude staff is no easy chore here)

I'd also go with Tenderloins if you don't mind the smoke. Hyatt Spasso bar on Sat night is a sight for sore eyes

:o What's wrong with the Q Bar? I've been there and the staff was very nice and helpful. Very crowded place on Fridays and Saturdays, but the rest was great...

:o What's wrong with the Q Bar? I've been there and the staff was very nice and helpful. Very crowded place on Fridays and Saturdays, but the rest was great...

Q bars o.k except for hordes of free-lance hookers and shoulder to shoulder with pssed up fallang. Its too much like a nightclub back home.

Rainbow bar in nana used to have a bad rep for the bills bring rigged and attitude women.

Get yourself in the thai scene groove!

How is the Ritz? I've passed it a few times and it just looks like an expensive hostess bar. What are the prices like?

I can't really comment on the prices as my wife has a few mates that work there, so we got quite a discount, I don't remember paying to get in either. It was a good night, I was the only farang in there and felt quite a star!! haha the owner came over and gave us a free bottle of Johnny and made us all feel very welcome.

One thing I didn't feel to easy about was as I was having a pee the toilet attendant began to massage my ears and shoulders mid flow!! haha how bizarre!!

Would recommend the place though, throughly good night. :o

Really surprising how different people can have totally different impressions of the same place.

Q bar is my favorite Bangkok hangout. Personnel ranges from ok to friendly - especially the young ladies, but then I'm a European guy. No trouble from pushy hookers, just friendly women of all kinds of background, and the farang males are just ordinary blokes having fun; I've never seen any trouble with so-called 'p1ssed' farangs, not even on New Year's Eve. I find most people at Q are just middle-of-the-road types looking for a good time, good music, dance, good company and drinks, but not in excess.

PS If you're looking for nightlife recommendations, also check out the farang fun and entertainment thread on this forum.

Sounds like the Angel Witch in Pattaya.

I went there after it had just opened and they were VERY pushy about buying more drinks when I hadn't finished the one I had and generally rude. :o

Believe it or not, I was in Angel Witch in Pattaya 2 months ago with a friend and my girl. We sat down and were never served in 20 minutes. We just watched the show and walked out.

Edited by tropo

Sorry if a bit off topic....but about Angelwitch... Had sme friends visit at Christmas and they wanted to see a show, so in we went...8 of us in all....one wan't drinking because of a bit of Bangkok belly. anyway after the mamasan complained to me 3 times and insisted he must buy a drink, i explained the other 7 of us were more than making up for his share, we decided to leave....at which time were presented with a padded bill....not nice...not going back...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I like any bar soi 7/1 because they got chubby Issan girls. I like big. So do they.

I like plump Issan women also. Which town is the best,Korat,Udon?

No need to travel that far just visit Pattaya and you'll find thousands!

The Q bar and Bed are right outside my condo door. both places are hopelessly lame. I'd rather get hit by a Mack Truck than listen to offensive hip hop trash. Try Woodstock

Yeah! Empty expensive burge joints in Thong Lo rock! You've got your inger on the pulse, dude.

I must say that I have had some very good times in bed and Qbar however that was 12-18 months ago when both were really good clubs. I would go on a weekly basis and enjoy it!

Now I find that both places are filling up with lady boys, indians and way too many farangs which is not really what I'm looking for!

There are so many other better places around BKK, one just needs to know where they are going. As someone mentioned above, Thonglo is a very happening area.

I like a bar that has a pleasant atmosphere and personality. That bar will also have the music turned down to a level that allows me to talk with whomever I happen to be with. I'll never drink in a place where I need earplugs to keep from getting a headache. I even like some of the open air beer bars but they are frequently spoiled by their neighbors who try to see if they can drown out each other's music. Nana Plaza used to have some decent places but it appears that the bar owner's mafia has decided to see just how much they can charge for a beer. A beer for 135 baht in a real dive is a rip off and I won't pay it.