DC voltage LED bulbs

janclaes47

I'm after some low voltage - Low wattage LED bulbs of decent quality with E27 fitting . Either 12 or 24V will do as i can change adapater to suit the needs.

Previously ordered from China, so been there, and got the t-shirt.

Something like this

led.jpg.e265860515382ca9ed4ee9d8464838c6.jpg

or this will do the trick, if they are of decent quality, however the latter was what I got and failed.

led2.jpg.2b475e071f7d5fdb9cb13a3353a312db.jpg

3 minutes ago, Jdietz said:

Bought plenty at mega home, in different form factor (replacement for tubes), they have plenty of branded and off-brand types (Sylvana, Philips), all of them are still working.

Are the 12 or 24VDC, as I have never seen them from those brands.

The ones I got from Mega Home myself were all 240VAC tube replacement and are the only ones I can attest to for quality. They also have plenty of other types with separate power supply, but I don't know which voltages they stock as I had no use for them.

Selling 24V bulbs that will screw into a 240V socket is just asking for disaster.  Sooner or later, someone's going to screw it into 240V.

I had 3 separate 240V LED bulbs in a row all pop, 2 with a loud noise and the plastic dome shooting across the room.  The 3rd one happened while I wasn't home, so I can't say for sure if there was a loud pop (but it's a good bet), and the plastic dome ended up across the room.  The one that popped while I was in the same room also had a big, scary flash.  That'll wake you up...

All 3 of them were stamped "Made in Thailand".   Just about all of the ones I've seen sold in the USA are made in China, so I'd go with Chinese and choose a vendor with a good reputation if I ordered mine online.

6 minutes ago, impulse said:

All 3 of them were stamped "Made in Thailand".   Just about all of the ones I've seen sold in the USA are made in China, so I'd go with Chinese and choose a vendor with a good reputation if I ordered mine online.

The ones I ordered 13 months ago on Ebay was a seller with a 99.5% rating, and he still holds that today.

The first one failed after about 10 months, then the failures rate increased quickly from one in 2 -3 weeks to 2 in a single week, with now 12 out of 14 dead.

5 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

The ones I ordered 13 months ago on Ebay was a seller with a 99.5% rating, and he still holds that today.

The first one failed after about 10 months, then the failures rate increased quickly from one in 2 -3 weeks to 2 in a single week, with now 12 out of 14 dead.

I'm not doubting that you got sold junk, but have you looked into power spikes and surges on your system?  I've had a lot of name brand stuff go belly up at a significantly higher failure rate than back home where the voltage doesn't sag when the toaster is in use.  Every time your neighbor starts a piece of equipment, there's a risk of spikes.  Which is a lot more prevalent where I live stacked 20 stories high, than back home where I was on 1/2 acre.

My Thai made (allegedly, anyway) LED bulbs all cratered within a few days of each other, after only 1-2 months in.  

Not of interest to me as they are way too strong, I need 3W only, but for those interested in LED or solar amy want to take a look at the shop of this seller. He offers 2 years warranty on this product and has also led downlights and solar.

http://www.lazada.co.th/applegreen-led-12v-16w-3u-e27-day-light-47300294.html?spm=a2o4m.search.0.0.47fcd4adOgsRv0&ff=1