Critics urge WHO to reverse choice of Mugabe as goodwill envoy

rooster59

50 minutes ago, Baerboxer said:

Which country granted him a knighthood?

Foreign Office revokes Mugabe knighthood

Robert Mugabe, the Zimbabwean president, has been stripped of his knighthood, the Foreign Office said today.

Mugabe was created an honorary Knight Commander of the Order of the Bath in 1994. Calls for the honour to be revoked date back at least to 2003, when the foreign affairs select committee in parliament suggested such a measure.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/jun/25/zimbabwe.foreignpolicy1

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Which country granted him a knighthood?

Britain. He was given an honorary knighthood in 1994. It was withdrawn in 2008. Mugabe used to be good buddies with the west until he took the land from white farmers. What happened to Mugabe and ultimately Zimbabwe is common knowledge. Anybody with a brain knows this is not about Mugabe. It's a lesson to any country that messes with white capital. If it's all about dictators then why are the same countries condemning Mugabe in bed with Saudi Arabia. Lol. 

Edited by Machiavelli

Just now, Machiavelli said:

Britain. He was given an honorary knighthood in 1994. It was withdrawn in 2008. Mugabe used to be good buddies with the west until he took the land from white farmers. What happened to Mugabe and ultimately Zimbabwe is common knowledge. Anybody with a brain knows this is not about Mugabe. It's a lesson to any country that messes with white capital. 

Yes, he took the land from white farmers and gave it to his cronies including his horrow of a wife. 

Mugabe and allies own 40% of land seized from white farmers – inquiry

Zimbabwe's president, Robert Mugabe, and his allies have seized nearly half the country's commercial farms in a land grab widely blamed for economic collapse, an investigation claims today.

Mugabe has bought the loyalty of cabinet ministers, senior army and government officials and judges with nearly 5m hectares (12.5m acres) of agricultural land, including wildlife conservancies and plantations, according to the national news agency ZimOnline.

The 86-year-old president and his wife, Grace, are said to own 14 farms spanning at least 16,000 hectares.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/nov/30/zimbabwe-mugabe-white-farmers

12 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

Yes, he took the land from white farmers and gave it to his cronies including his horrow of a wife. 

Mugabe and allies own 40% of land seized from white farmers – inquiry

Zimbabwe's president, Robert Mugabe, and his allies have seized nearly half the country's commercial farms in a land grab widely blamed for economic collapse, an investigation claims today.

Mugabe has bought the loyalty of cabinet ministers, senior army and government officials and judges with nearly 5m hectares (12.5m acres) of agricultural land, including wildlife conservancies and plantations, according to the national news agency ZimOnline.

The 86-year-old president and his wife, Grace, are said to own 14 farms spanning at least 16,000 hectares.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2010/nov/30/zimbabwe-mugabe-white-farmers

There is absolutely no evidence for those claims and western propaganda media as evidence does not help matters. I don't care for Mugabe but to provide western media as a truthful source on Mugabe is laughable. Everybody knows the West hates Mugabe's guts. You don't actually believe what the western media says about North Korea,  do you? It's propaganda! The Saudi King doesn't give 40%. He gives all to himself and his cronies.  He is still US and UK  best friend. 

Edited by Machiavelli

4 minutes ago, Machiavelli said:

There is absolutely no evidence for those claims and western propaganda media as evidence does not help matters. I don't care for Mugabe but to provide western media as a truthful source on Mugabe is laughable. Everybody knows the West hates Mugabe's guts. You don't actually believe what the western media says about North Korea,  do you? It's propaganda! The Saudi King doesn't give 40%. He gives all to himself and his cronies.  He is still US and UK  best friend. 

You don't care for Mugabe? He's a great man who has consistently acted in the best interests of the Zimbabwean people. His wife works tirelessly and selflessly to promote the interests of the Zimbabwean people. You're a typical victim of the Western Media.

Just now, ilostmypassword said:

You don't care for Mugabe? He's a great man who has consistently acted in the best interests of the Zimbabwean people. His wife works tirelessly and selflessly to promote the interests of the Zimbabwean people. You're a typical victim of the Western Media.

You don't have to put words in my mouth. I don't have to like Mugabe to know that he is being shafted. Its called being objective. It's called questioning what you are told. What's sad is with so much information available, how do people fall for such propaganda?  Western countries are in bed with heavy duty dictatorships in the Middle East, Chinese communists and military dictatorships. To try and sell the Mugabe debacle as a democracy issue makes me laugh till my lungs hurt. It takes a huge amount of not knowing geopolitics to believe that the Mugabe story is about dictatorship.

6 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

A Zimbabwean compatible with American values. Such sickening arrogance! Unbelievable. 

Sorry to hear you might be at risk of some health challenges. Something you read no doubt. I take it you are just fine however as your normal level of rage remains intact. I am in fact able to reply now as my monitor screen has been restored (at no cost to me).

I refer of course to a Zimbabweener who might have -- at best -- the values of the weenie Donald Trump. I doubt anyone could find more than that there. Still, a couple of 'em angling to succeed the often delirious Mugabe could be a refreshing improvement.

The last thing the country needs is a moneybags Xi Jinping sponsored black guy named Ilyich.

Edited by Publicus
Monitor screed

4 hours ago, tonbridgebrit said:

+1

Actually, it's not so much American values, it's more Washington's values. And it's not just arrogance. It's sickening HYPOCRISY.

Zimbabwe is essentially a colony of Beijing. The new presidential palace looks strangely like a Walmart.

6 hours ago, Machiavelli said:

Should take the Nobel Peace Prize from the warmongering Obama while they are at it. 

I admire a man who rants, er, speaks his alleged mind.

One hopes you are sitting because I'm going to mention in passing the UN got the Nobel Peace Prize several years ago.

The first Chinese to win a Nobel won the Peace Prize, in 2010. Dr. Liu Jiaobo the advocate of a peaceful long term transition to democracy in China died in prison last year.