Wanted American drug trafficker who called himself "The Devil" captured in Bangkok

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Explain to me why

Amphetimine, cannabis, opium, cocaine is bad and illegal

but alcohol and nicotine are good and legal

I'm ready to listen to a sensible argument.

Who said alcohol and nicotine are good?

8 hours ago, impulse said:

Because of jail overcrowding and other factors, a 30 year sentence can mean just 2-3 years in prison.

Don’t know where you got your information but your idea of 3 years for a 30 year sentence has never been the case. Maybe you watch a fictional TV show.

Miminmim time for good service is at least one third of the sentence unless he snitched and makes a better deal in state prison. If in federal prison he will do at least 80 to 100 percent of the 30 years without a snitch deal. 

With this  guy fleeing bail  he has zero chance of getting less than 10 years of real time in state prison and more likely will do 15 to 20 in state prison if he has good behavior and then go to federal prison for passport fraud. 

Edited by Wake Up

4 hours ago, impulse said:

For other first, second and third degree felonies, the prisoner is parole eligible when calendar time plus good conduct time equals one-fourth of the sentence. Good conduct time is earned by participating in work and self-improvement programs. Good conduct time can be subtracted for disciplinary violations.

Source: https://texasdefenselaw.com/library/much-time-prisoners-serve/

Here's a reasonably good article about the mechanics of dealing with overcrowding, though it's more about jails than prisons:

http://www.latimes.com/local/crime/la-me-ff-early-release-20140817-story.html

This does not apply to drug cartel selling and fleeing before sentencing. Please don’t spout law you do not know. 

8 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:

"He was set for sentencing on Oct 12, 2007 but he skipped town and had never been located, until now" ........... America sounds a lot like Thailand.

Yeah, or some other country.  Remember Ronnie Biggs?  Got so tired of not being caught he asked if he could go back home.  This tosser is an amateur.

15 hours ago, alfalfa19 said:

Sounds like a great guy.  His mom put up her house as collateral for the bond he skipped in Florida.  Hopefully she will get to keep it, since he's been captured and will be sent back to Florida. 

Ha ha ha, bail doesn’t work that way, that’s the whole point of it, to ensure he doesn’t skip or you lose it.

9 hours ago, MaeJoMTB said:

Explain to me why

Amphetimine, cannabis, opium, cocaine is bad and illegal

but alcohol and nicotine are good and legal

I'm ready to listen to a sensible argument.

"I'm ready to listen to a sensible argument.'

Why, when you don't pose a sensible question?

20 hours ago, Dipterocarp said:

Thailand needs to implement fingerprint technology for  immigration matters

and communicate better with major countries law enforcement.

This guy would have been rousted years ago.

my question is how did he get out of the USA? Didnt they revoke his passport when on bail?

I got to know this guy recently here in Bangkok via one of my staff. Despite his appearance he was an erudite helpful guy, obviously living under a false name as we now know. He was being trailed by immigration and eventually caught, whilst in IDC he asked to be presented the US embassy, the Thais had no knowledge he was wanted.  The worrying thing is they have pictures if him at my work and have pictures of me. Thankfully I am straight down the line. 

On 23/10/2017 at 7:38 AM, Dipterocarp said:

Thailand needs to implement fingerprint technology for  immigration matters

and communicate better with major countries law enforcement.

This guy would have been rousted years ago.

And the Country of Origin should make sure that such individual has no access to a valid passport.

1 hour ago, kingkenny said:

I got to know this guy recently here in Bangkok via one of my staff. Despite his appearance he was an erudite helpful guy, obviously living under a false name as we now know. He was being trailed by immigration and eventually caught, whilst in IDC he asked to be presented the US embassy, the Thais had no knowledge he was wanted.  The worrying thing is they have pictures if him at my work and have pictures of me. Thankfully I am straight down the line. 

means he also had some "problems" while being in Thailand. Immigration need some hard facts to trail someone. 

3 minutes ago, visarunner said:

means he also had some "problems" while being in Thailand. Immigration need some hard facts to trail someone. 

False passport, he had recently been at immigration to extend his current visa. The tailing seemed to start after that, with people asking questions of street vendors in the area he lived. 

Seems like RTP is on to something these days. They have been netting romance and phone scammers,  kiddy diddlers(pedophiles), overstayers and fake passport holders and those running from the law(fugitives). Well done RTP. Keep going after these criminals. Whatever their race,  lock up and deport these losers! The kiddy diddlers send them to the hardest of the prisons. 

Edited by Machiavelli