Turbulent weather and 2-5 degrees drop in temperature expected this week

webfact

Turbulent weather and 2-5 degrees drop in temperature expected this week

By Thai PBS

22789939_10155816156433637_1306559791_o.

The Meteorological Department today (Oct 23) warned of air turbulence in Upper Thailand this week with temperatures falling 2-5 degrees Celsius.

In its Announcement No 16 issued at 6am on Monday, the department warned 36 provinces of the anticipated weather turbulence this week.

It said the weather turbulence is anticipated as the strong high pressure from China in moving down to cover the Northeast of Thailand and the South China Sea is forecast to further cover all the upper country.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/turbulent-weather-2-5-degrees-drop-temperature-expected-week/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-10-23

1 hour ago, rickudon said:

Turbulent seems a bit puzzling. Accuweather forecast in Udon is for dry, mainly sunny weather for the next 2 weeks. Doesn't sound 'turbulent ' to me. At least it does seem the rainy season has finally ended.

Absolutely belted down here (just SW of BKK) last night and today. Saw several army trucks go by today with seven or eight of these navy water pumping (not sure what they're called) boats on the back. Last time I saw this was around this time of month, 5 yrs ago.

download (3).jpg

1 hour ago, dinsdale said:

Absolutely belted down here (just SW of BKK) last night and today. Saw several army trucks go by today with seven or eight of these navy water pumping (not sure what they're called) boats on the back. Last time I saw this was around this time of month, 5 yrs ago.

(not sure what they're called)

Affectionately known as Plodprasop paddlers in some areas

.image.jpeg.1b7fba44b4d53ce6fbcbd9ad1da30d4a.jpeg

My wife promised if we moved to our home in Mindanao I would get cooler weather and rain. Have seen shit for rain and daily 33 since the move. I lived 30 years in Thailand and was always on the road for rainy season so was looking forward to it. We lived on the high side of Bang Lamung so never flooding. I am still praying for rain but will have to see. Living now in Bislig City.