Watching sport online?

Ombra

I'm retired and I spend quite a few months traveling around Thailand. I'd like to subscribe to an online sports channel as I am not in one place, but the only one I can find is beIN sports. This channel is mostly soccer, and the programme schedules don't show the sports that I would like to see: cycling, rugby league, cricket, etc. I can find these on free sites, but they rarely provide uninterrupted viewing. I'd like to pay and enjoy a good picture, but I don't know where to look. If anyone can recommend a good subscription site, I'd be very grateful

• 2 weeks later...

I watch a lot of sport (Aussie Rules, cricket, motor sorts) streaming on Vipbox,  LiveTV,  Cricfree Some disruption but generally ok Given that it's free and I get to see my football team play each week I'm happy I tried Direct TV some years ago and found it to be a waste  of money

can somebody explain more about pay in true money from  7/11

1) What does this mean   ?

2) How do you sign up for a package 

and any other related info to this service , as I am looking at giving it a try 

any info appreciated 

regards

Richard

First, you have to register (free). Then you can buy True Money scratch cards for various denominations, and then input the numbers into the hdprime website, and then buy a package using the number of points that the money represents. You view your Dashboard (account info) and input your payment and buy the package by clicking on the face icon on the top right.

It's messy but works, and the site is generally reliable. If you have problems their contact email responds pretty quickly and is very helpful. One of its pluses of the site is that if one server plays up you have a choice of several more in a drop-down menu.

3 hours ago, crows said:

I watch a lot of sport (Aussie Rules, cricket, motor sorts) streaming on Vipbox,  LiveTV,  Cricfree Some disruption but generally ok Given that it's free and I get to see my football team play each week I'm happy I tried Direct TV some years ago and found it to be a waste  of money

3 hours ago, crows said:

Thanks for the suggestions. I also use Vipbox and Cricfree and I agree that they are frequently very good, but I would like to be sure that the picture is not going to freeze at a crucial time. I'd like to watch the Ashes, for example, without interruption and without all the ads, so I hope that paying will guarantee that.

2 hours ago, Geoffreyt said:

hdprime.tv for all TV and sport channels.  About 400 baht per month for all sport channels.  Sky, setanta, btsport.  Pay in true money from 7/11.   Live and re-run.     Not the easiest site to negotiate but worth persevering.

I just looked at the hdprime.tv website and the number of channels is amazing. In addition, there is the bonus of numerous movie and news channels. It seems a bargain for 400 baht a month. Thanks very much indeed.

39 minutes ago, garbolino said:

HAVE YOU TRIED MOBDRO.....FREE DOWNLOAD FOR ANDROID.....I think one can use it on a laptop or pc....

Thanks very much, garbolino. I've just read some interesting reviews of mobdro for a pc, so I'll see if I can download it.

I go to watchsports1.com whenever I can't find a game or a UFC fight on tv. I used to bounce around different sites to find working links but this site consolidate all the streams so if one goes down there's always another that works. Saves me the trouble of going back to google every time a stream crashes!

1 hour ago, MuntyC0re said:

I go to watchsports1.com whenever I can't find a game or a UFC fight on tv. I used to bounce around different sites to find working links but this site consolidate all the streams so if one goes down there's always another that works. Saves me the trouble of going back to google every time a stream crashes!

My browser gave me a warning not to access the site as it tricks you into installing rogue software.

I had a problem using the hdprime.tv website, so I followed Bangkok Barry's advice and contacted them. Not only was the reply was quick and helpful, but they also offered me a 7-day free trial, so I am very pleased.

• 2 weeks later...

After my week's free trial, I subscribed to HDPrime.tv and paid 380 baht for access to the sports and news channels. The three sports I wanted to see were cricket, cycling and rugby league, and while there was plenty of cricket, I searched the hundred or so sports channels in vain last Saturday for the other two. Then on Sunday morning, I looked at the other sections of the subscription and found additional sports channels under 'UK TV'. One of those channels, Premier Sports, shows live rugby league, and I've just watched Fiji beating New Zealand.

This subscription seems like very good value for money because it also includes movie channels. One disadvantage is that many of the sports channels have no schedules attached (although others have the name of a sport attached to them) and so I wasted quite a bit of time clicking on to see what they were showing. In time, I will know the likely locations of the sports I want. The choice of programmes is huge and paying with True Money points from 7/11 is easy and convenient. My thanks to those who helped me find what I wanted.