Car stereo, import duties/tax

Presto

I'm considering getting a Xtrons android touch screen car stereo from Hong Kong, Shenzhen or a place like that. What will duties/tax be?

When I got a Nikon camera from Japan it was 865 baht on an assessed value of 7000. And a weight of 0.628 kg, although I'm not sure that matters. So that's a bit more than 10%.

Will it be the same for the stereo?

Edited by Presto

35 minutes ago, Techno Viking said:

car stuff (parts) is 10% import + 7% VAT, I'd imagine car stereo stuff falls under car parts.

On a suspension part I paid about 50% duties+tax so I hope this will be more in the category of a camera.

52 minutes ago, jay1980 said:

there are some on Lazada, the price on Lazada should be the final price including shipping and tax

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop-in-dash-navigation/?scs=1&sc=Ea4x&q=Xtrons

hope that helps

This is the Xtrons unit I was looking at: https://www.lazada.co.th/xtrons-octa-core-64bit-7-inch-android-60-hd-digital-multi-touch-screen-car-stereo-gps-radio-1080p-video-screen-mirroring-obd2-double-2-din-reversing-camera-included-intl-55353997.html?spm=a2o4m.category-120129040000.0.0.406df828bH0VH6&ff=1&sc=F64x

Price on lazada is about 4000 baht more than on eBay, so that makes sense: about 50% duties+tax. But no warranty, no COD, no installation. 

There is a (probably small) Xtrons supplier in Thailand. He has a lower level unit than this TB706PL for 12.300 baht, and will install it with 1 year warranty.

Its all a bit disappointing, isn't it?