Karaoke Bars With Sexy Young Thai Guys

dgoz

I was talking to the owner of a Karaoke Bar in Pattaya and he said he employs about a dozen young Thai guys to work there. As well as couples, Thai girls often go there to bar fine the young guys and take them home! His main business is after 1am so I'm guessing it's bar girls who are doing this.

Have any of you Farang girls been to one of these bars? What's it like?

Why dont you go and find out?

I did, but unfortunately, none of the young Thai girls bar-fined me.

But, for those of you with less than average comprehension of English, the question was directed at Farang girls.

i would go but probably not take one home, just hang out and have fun with them. :o

Just use a condom if you do, I have seen a few with old & fat Farang chicks here in Pattaya.

Guess it is a role reversal for old fat Farang guys with sexy Thai chicks.

So much for the Fem Nazi's view Thailand , ehh ?

i didn't mean sleep with them. i meant hang out and have fun with them. since most of them have probably gone with gay men at some point, i would not be interested in sex with them at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Many years ago I did spend some time going to these bars, also in Pattaya, as I was researching an article I was writing. I delved quite deeply into the lives of the 'boys' and uncovered many a story - often very sad stories. I wouldn't now advocate supporting these bars as they exploit children and often support some very sordid relationships between the workers and 'farang' men. It's a heavy topic this one, but to answer the op, no I wouldn't go there again and I would actively try to discourage anyone wanting to support this industry - even if it is 'just for fun'

Many years ago I did spend some time going to these bars, also in Pattaya, as I was researching an article I was writing. I delved quite deeply into the lives of the 'boys' and uncovered many a story - often very sad stories.
it's the same story with the girls... the first time i came to thailand (knowing nothing about it) i went to pattaya, based on a suggestion by a male friend who must have been taking the piss. i ended up having a great time just going to the beer bars and chatting with the girls about their lives. many a sad story there as well... got a lot of great insights as to the hows and whys of the industry, and learned that most of the girls were basically good people in a bad position. i figure if i am there to just lend a sympathetic ear and to have a fun time (without sex), no harm is done, and i learn a lot. i still go to pattaya now and then.
i don't like karaoke very much neither bar boys, think the fun with them would be very limited... no need for me to get involved or waste my time.

nothing wrong with bar boys as long as you establish boundaries and don't take them too seriously. i am certainly not above them, have just had a more priveleged life. i have learned more about human nature and thai life from the bar workers in this country than from anyone else.

Edited by girlx

Many years ago I did spend some time going to these bars, also in Pattaya, as I was researching an article I was writing. I delved quite deeply into the lives of the 'boys' and uncovered many a story - often very sad stories.
it's the same story with the girls... the first time i came to thailand (knowing nothing about it) i went to pattaya, based on a suggestion by a male friend who must have been taking the piss. i ended up having a great time just going to the beer bars and chatting with the girls about their lives. many a sad story there as well... got a lot of great insights as to the hows and whys of the industry, and learned that most of the girls were basically good people in a bad position. i figure if i am there to just lend a sympathetic ear and to have a fun time (without sex), no harm is done, and i learn a lot. i still go to pattaya now and then.
i don't like karaoke very much neither bar boys, think the fun with them would be very limited... no need for me to get involved or waste my time.
nothing wrong with bar boys as long as you establish boundaries and don't take them too seriously. i am certainly not above them, have just had a more priveleged life. i have learned more about human nature and thai life from the bar workers in this country than from anyone else.

as an old married woman the original question is irrelevant to me, except to consider the "what if" of being younger, single, lonely, frustrated...and the answer is still "no". however, I have no problem with anyone else going to bars and paying bar boys or girls.

i was interested in your experiences, girlx, because i used to live close to a bar and became friends with several of the workers. sometimes I used to have a drink with them before the first customers arrived and enjoyed very much getting to know a little of their histories, travel experiences, stories. I was also able to help some of the younger ones learn some (hopefully useful) English expressions. This was difficult because of the difference in our ages, and their very real shyness, but I count the experience of being accepted and trusted by all these women to be a great highlight of my life in Thailand. Like you, I enjoy going back to visit them all.

the girls like to go drink there after work but often its a status thing to take your 'friends' afte ryouve cleaned up (come back from europe, bf has gone home...). they spend big money for status -very superficial VERY. i have found most girls really have no real friends.

never ask a girl her life story. it will always be sad and meloncholy (sp) and leave her depressed and a downer for you. that goes double if you are in the room and triple if you have developed even the slightest feeling toward her.

the men ...95% riff raff. all thai women i know wont even give time of day to a thai man. all the men i know (which are an uneducated few) are by and large lazy and untrustworthy. imo after 15 yrs in asia.

the girls like to go drink there after work but often its a status thing to take your 'friends' afte ryouve cleaned up (come back from europe, bf has gone home...). they spend big money for status -very superficial VERY. i have found most girls really have no real friends.

never ask a girl her life story. it will always be sad and meloncholy (sp) and leave her depressed and a downer for you. that goes double if you are in the room and triple if you have developed even the slightest feeling toward her.

the men ...95% riff raff. all thai women i know wont even give time of day to a thai man. all the men i know (which are an uneducated few) are by and large lazy and untrustworthy. imo after 15 yrs in asia.

Well, so the girls "have no real friends", their life stories shouldn't be asked because it'll be a "downer" & Thai men are "95%riff-raff", "lazy & untrustworthy"?

Well, I'm not going to waste my time debating it with you (although I do have a very different opinion). I'd just like to say, after your 15 years in Asia, it's really good that you've learnt not to generalise & you don't fall back on all those time-worn cliches... :o

Thanks but the OP wasn't particularly asking the opinion of a man in the Ladies forum, was he?

Please remember to follow forum rules about overly negative and denigrating comments regarding Thai people.

A comment from me (a man but I think it's relevant and interesting comment).

When I lived in BKK with my Thai GF/wife, we would regularly go to one of the Issan music clubs where there was live singing and dancing etc. We would often go with other women, typically those that were working in our bars.

We would have a great time and many of the male singers at the club would come and sit and drink with us.

The girls with us would 'fawn' over these guys, flirting like crazy!

I once asked my wife 'why are these girls flirting all over these guys when I bet 90% of them of them are gay?'

'Sssh' she said ' they are ALL gay but these girls don't know that and maybe they will give the guys some money to sing etc if they think these guys fancy them'

All these singers were 'pretty boys' in appearance and mannerisms, so I was rather surprised that the girls actually thought they were straight.

My take on it is that of course these girls knew the guys were gay, but they enjoyed the company and these minor stars and perhaps it gave them 'face' to be seen in the company of these guys.

Simon

There are similar bars in BKK.

I have seen 20ish farang girls from KSR frequenting these establishments.

There are 3 such bars on my daily bicycle route and you would be amazed at the beauty of some of the girls frequenting these bars.

Probably gay lads taking said men home.

When I have been taken there its all been girls taking the guys home.

I once bought a bottle of whiskey for the girls (I was drinking Heinekin) and they had Thai guys over for a drink - just lioke a female KTV I had to pay for boy drinks even though the drink was bought ;-)

Watching two girls bid for one guy was hilarious.

Really good post - it mirrors a lot of my experience too.

I now have some very good friends of many years standing who were or are bar girls - no sex involved with these girls at all.

Chritmas Day just gone I took one out to Christmas lunch with me and my pals to give her a break - what a howl we had.

Well, so the girls "have no real friends", their life stories shouldn't be asked because it'll be a "downer" & Thai men are "95%riff-raff", "lazy & untrustworthy"?

Well, I'm not going to waste my time debating it with you (although I do have a very different opinion). I'd just like to say, after your 15 years in Asia, it's really good that you've learnt not to generalise & you don't fall back on all those time-worn cliches... :o

I think it says a lot about him that after 15 years in Asia he only knows a few men who are uneducated, lazy and untrustworthy = well they say judge a man by his friends!!!

As for bar girls having no friends - the ones i know have a very strong social network.