Pumpuiman's Isaan Home

well done man,ive seen the plans on that site already,did you take them straight to a builder or did he have them already ? We will be building on our land next Jan.

As for that pratt who tried to think too mutt about it,well either he's very jelous,doesnt even live in thailand and have any idea,,its not taking advantage if thats what builders are paid !! What an idiot.

Thanks,

We copied the plans from the book that was in the village. The website plans are not complete.

The plans on line dont show the many pages of detail...electric, plumbing, foundation etc.

I will say one thing, have a contract drawn up before building. My wife and father in law were against the idea at the start....but I insisted.

The contract included a detailed list of all materrials used, and breakdowns of

cost for labor.

I also requested that payment be divided in 4 parts.

30% / 30% / 30% / 10%

30 % was paid initially, then as agreed upon goals were reached, payment continued.

10% is witheld until complete.

It's worked out great, and my wife appreciates the power of a contract now....as we did have some minor disagreements from time to time with the contractor.

We always won the arguments, because of the contract.

Good luck on your house....if you want my contractors number(speaks only Thai) let me know.

He works all around Thailand, and is a world traveled sculptor as well.

Some of you folks may have seen his work. He sculpted the animals at that underwater park in Pattaya.

Edited by pumpuiman

nice place pumpui. But will the bannister hold your weight? :D

I look forward to bringing you a case of beer to cool for us to drink.

:o

(oh, and I added you on my "friend" list...no questions asked in my case, as it's my prerog..- proarga..-- pergoarative...- prerogative! :D Should have done so ages ago!)

Here are the latest pics of my nearly complete home in Pimai.

Almost done!!

:D

Hi pumpi

A beautiful home.Looks gr8. I hope you are as happy as us two. We finished our house in Surin last may and I move out fulltime this Songkran. Things just get better and I wish you all happiness.

Good luck

Dave and Sri

:o

Looks good, pumpuiman. Did you say that the plans are available on a website?

Yes there are plans online. They are plans supplied by the government. You can ask around in the village, the plans are in book form. The original price was 1,216,965 baht (well, that is what was written on the plan) But we made many improvements.

Here is the link:Online plans Click #11

But be aware that the online plans are not complete....get the originals.

Edited by pumpuiman

Would it be possible for you to provide us with the contract? I would like to see how you have things broken down in stages. After seeing your house, my girl wants one (instead of one a little more expensive) so your experience may have saved me some money.

Also, please PM me the contact details for your builder. Thanks

Ski....

Would it be possible for you to provide us with the contract? I would like to see how you have things broken down in stages. After seeing your house, my girl wants one (instead of one a little more expensive) so your experience may have saved me some money.

Ski....

I shall.

If anyone wants his #.....PM me

To those who have PM'd me for the contractor's contact details.....I promise to get back to you.....The wife wants to ask his permission first (and I dont feel like arguing about it :o )

He has been away for a couple of days. I will be sure to get back to you as soon as I hear something.

Sorry for the delay,

Eric

To those who have PM'd me for the contractor's contact details.....I promise to get back to you.....The wife wants to ask his permission first (and I dont feel like arguing about it :o )

He has been away for a couple of days. I will be sure to get back to you as soon as I hear something.

Sorry for the delay,

Eric

Hello Pumpuiman,

My wife and i would also be interested to get your contractor contact details

many thanks in advance for your kind cooperation

B.rgds

Tato

Ski....

I shall.

If anyone wants his #.....PM me

Hi Pumpuiman,

I would be very interested to get a copy of the contract as well, we intend to build one new house

and would be nice to see how the contract was drafted.

Thanks for your kind support

With my B.Rgds

Tato

but be aware that the online plans are not complete....get the originals.

If you poke around on the website and download the CD (a real bind BTW) you get the full plans with re-bar, electrics and an Excel bill-of-materials (which I never got to work) :o

PM me if you want a copy of the CD :D

Thanks Pumpuiman for the valuable info.

I notice that you are still a young lad, when do you intend to move permanently in LOS

As for my self i am 35 and intend to work 3-5 more years in Switzerland then move there

and hopefully make a living out the farm (Fruits and Vegetables or anything with a good yield

and profit). I do not intend to become

rich but simply being able to raise a familly of 2 children and maybe 1 more in the near future as

well as supporting my future wife's family a bit. But i do hope to be able to make enough money

to be able once in a while to return in Switzerland to see some relatives and still have a confortable

life in LOS meaning being able to travel around Thailand and SE Asia with my wife and kids.

I am also simply tired of the working office environment eventhough i am making quite a lot of money

but it does not matter to me anylonger.

I will be travelling around Surin early April and hope to meet some farang doing farming there

in order to acquire more experiences from them and share a few beers.

Where is Pimai located and are you going to be around the area during this time ?

May i add you on my friend list ?

Have a good day

Tato

Tato,

Pimai is about 30-45 miutes drive north-north-east of Korat. You may find it on a map as "Phimai".

I am able to take several months a year off from work....and in the future hopefully as many as 8 months.

I dont intend to live full time for 10-15 years, but will be there often.

Also, my father in law has trouble climbing stairs...and it was very painful for him to climb up to his Thai style house on stilts.....so we added a bedroom for him downstairs, and also a shower, so the house will be lived in when I'm not there.

Feel free to put me on your friends list!!

I hope we can get together....my travel plans at present are uncertain due to an impending back surgery, but I'm hoping to recover in my new home!!

As far as other posts concerning square meters...here are the original plans just click #11 for my plans...and add a small bedroom at the back off the kitchen.(just square off the rest of the left side of the house with the back....had to re-locate septic)

The wall cost per meter...I never figured it....not sure of the length, sorry.

Eric

Hello Eric,

Lucky you, i wish being able too taking so much days off during a year :o

I sincerly hope that you will feel better with your back, i know the feeling myself

too, frome time to time it happens that just by carrying something not that heavy

or simply doing some house cleaning, helping my wife a bit :D my back is blocked.

50-55 years old before moving permanently there, well dont think i can make it,

much too cold here with lots of people judging before knowing. Therefore saving

as much as i can and take my poor punsion fund before its too late, meaning nothing

left in the state social funds when reaching the age of retirement. :D and

i am still finguring out how we could manage to make a standard living there.

Maybe building a guest house with pool, karaoke, big tv screen for int'l soccer

championship, restaurant & BBQ corner. We have time my wife and i to think

about that while travelling around Isaan to find exactly where to do.

I will certainly drop you a line before moving there for holiday early April and

looking forward meeting you.

Funny but actually the plan you have reffered to are the one i have seen before

on their website and the house you built is the one that pleased me (the

number 11 or 12 i think) and i was not sure whether it would be a good

investment, I MUST ADMIT I CHANGE MY MIND

B.rgds

Tato

Yeah, where is the arse wallpaper ??

How much did that house cost to build ?

Would you be able to repeat that same success in your home country?

Or you flex your muscles in the places where people work for 160-220 baht a day?

Are you insulting me for building a home? For wanting to spend my money in the place I intend to retire and support my Thai family? The workers who I've supported for over a year are friends of the family (and make better wages than you seem to think is fair). They were delighted I decided to "flex my muscles" in their village. The bedroom I added for my ailing father in law seemed to go over well also.

So go fukc yourself.

You tell him mate! Enjoy your life in isaan and have many goodtimes and memories! :o

• 1 month later...

House is now complete, now just waiting for my back problems to be taken care of so I can go and enjoy it!!

Once again if anyone is interested in my contractors number PM me.

I would love to throw some business his way, I'm very happy with his work. Top notch guy.

• 11 months later...