Let’s honour the late King by committing to the Sufficiency Economy

webfact

So when we speak of sufficiency do we speak of all strata of Thai society? Or just those that have no choice being told to enjoy their lot in life. Hypocritical at best. Would love to say a whole lot more but would be banned for life.

11 hours ago, starky said:

So when we speak of sufficiency do we speak of all strata of Thai society? Or just those that have no choice being told to enjoy their lot in life. Hypocritical at best. Would love to say a whole lot more but would be banned for life.

Could be locked up for life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by owl sees all

On 10/27/2017 at 11:49 AM, impulse said:

I have a hard time passing judgment on the spending habits or math skills of someone making $270 a month when I piss away more than that. 

Before I would, my suggestion is to walk out the door every day for 6 months with 50 baht in our pocket, and limit our discretionary spending to that.  Because that's more than someone living on 9,000 baht a month has left over after paying for rent, food and other essentials. 

If we can do it for 6 months, then maybe we're qualified to pass that judgment.  But I can't imagine a lifetime of it.

Makes 9000b per month and has the latest iPhone.

1 hour ago, dcnx said:

Makes 9000b per month and has the latest iPhone.

I'm sure there are some of those, but when I look closely at smartphones on the BTS and MRT, most of them are low end models in the 1,000- 3,000 baht range.  And a lot of them are second hand, judging by the number of 2nd hand phone dealers I see around town.  And that's in BKK.